Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Motor damages during shipping ???????
    MOTOR DAMAGES DURING SHIPPING ????? .... anybody experienced any damage to there stuff while in transit due to the way things were packaged and crated and sent on there merry way for a 2000 mile journey ???? So who eats/ate the damage ??
    thnx

Keep in mind I paid to have the crates built, paid charges for packaging,paid charge to put motors inside crate, and to have my engine stands re-fabbed ,BUT they only put 1 bolt in each corner of the stand and the weight (1102 lbs )was to much for 1 bolt and she tipped .... Lets hear your stories..

I'm holding off on names & pictures givin the chance to make right but was informed today for me to just EAT it ....

2. Collapse Details

That sounds like the packager/shipper may need to step up

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    That sounds like the packager/shipper may need to step up
    Thats what i thought BIG Daddy , and was told monday morn would make it right and this afternoon told to eat it ... Guess the monies in the bank already

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

It kills me when i see that, it's only a couple of bolts and a few seconds to put them all in!!! Sorry about your loss, hope the damage isn't to bad.

5. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Did you have to sign for anything before you noticed they were f'ed?? We've had a few cases like that but "if" you signed for it then you may be shiz outta luck. Shipper really should step up for being absolutely retarded
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

6. Collapse Details

That sucks. You'd think the packager/shipper would have enough experience and common sense to do it right. I hate it when you pay people good money for their "expertise" and in the end, you realize you could have done as good or better job if you'd freakin' done it yourself.

I will say I had a new gas "restaurant style" range delivered from a factory last year...got set down hard somewhere, and solid steel leg got bent - didn't notice it until it was off the pallet and in the house. Probably was shipper's fault, but factory had replacement part and a tech out next day to fix it. That was good service. Hope the damage wasn't too bad.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobkatz View Post
    It kills me when i see that, it's only a couple of bolts and a few seconds to put them all in!!! Sorry about your loss, hope the damage isn't to bad.
    it's only a couple of bolts and a few seconds to put them all in!!!
    And especially when you call yourself the BEST

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ILMORdude View Post
    Did you have to sign for anything before you noticed they were f'ed?? We've had a few cases like that but "if" you signed for it then you may be shiz outta luck. Shipper really should step up for being absolutely retarded
    you signed for it then you may be shiz outta luck.

Shipper really should step up for being absolutely retarded....
    monday morns phone call they were gonna make it right , todays phone call was for me to just EAT it and he wont take the calls or return them ...

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    you signed for it then you may be shiz outta luck.

Shipper really should step up for being absolutely retarded....
    monday morns phone call they were gonna make it right , todays phone call was for me to just EAT it and he wont take the calls or return them ...

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just call them out on the web and see what THAT does for their business. Oh and call to remind em of the pics you posted of "the best around"
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

10. Collapse Details

did the builder pack them up with one bolt or the shipper packed them up after they were rebuilt, I would out how who ever did the one bolt thing on here and oso just so everyone knows what a azz they are.. sorry to here this crap happen to you ARTIE THE ONE MAN PARTY

11. Collapse Details

Air time had good questions I am sure one will point to the other and say "Not my fault"

What damage was done, and how much do you estimate the claim would be to make it right ??

12. Collapse Details

You just can not hire good Mexicans any more!!!!

13. Collapse Details

What was damaged Bill, was is visible from the outside or something that only happened on the inside. I read a puddle of oil so I'm assuming a line or filter bracket jacked. In my eyes, whoever put the bolts in and left some out is at fault.

and ironic, they didnt have any problem bragging and posting about the horsepower you made..doesn't do a whole lot of good if it arrives broken.

14. Collapse Details

That sucks. Hopefully whoever half assed putting the engine on the stand will step up to the plate and make you happy. Hopefully same guy that installed the stand didn't work on the engines. Amazing how not just this case but all the time people get so close to doing a great job then all of a sudden a detail is missed and it tarnishes the whole dam thing.

15. Collapse Details

If you PAID to have them crated by the shipper, then there is no excuse for them to not put the extra bolts in. Freight companies have insurance for this kind of thing and it should be no problem for them to make things right.

If this guy does much business in the boating undustry, he would be smart to man up.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
    did the builder pack them up with one bolt or the shipper packed them up after they were rebuilt, I would out how who ever did the one bolt thing on here and oso just so everyone knows what a azz they are.. sorry to here this crap happen to you ARTIE THE ONE MAN PARTY
    Hey ARTIE , the Engine Builder built,dyno'd,build crates,packaged,bolted in crates, and loaded in my shippers truck .... I was told theres alot of POTHOLES in the road on a 2000 mile journey from sunny ARIZ to CHI TOWN ...

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    What was damaged Bill, was is visible from the outside or something that only happened on the inside. I read a puddle of oil so I'm assuming a line or filter bracket jacked. In my eyes, whoever put the bolts in and left some out is at fault.

and ironic, they didnt have any problem bragging and posting about the horsepower you made..doesn't do a whole lot of good if it arrives broken.
    Hey ROB External damage , I have Keith Eickert pan,tube,pump , on my motors ..... tipped and broke the chit off the bottom

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Wow, that sux... I hate when I hear stuff like that cause then most of the good guys also get a bad rap because of a few that never learned that Haste makes waste.. I agree with saying wtf to trying to hold that in with one bolt on each side of the stand.. Thats just crazy for an extra 2 minutes of time a lot of greif may have been avoided.. I hope it all works out for you Bill.. Jamie

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    That sucks. Hopefully whoever half assed putting the engine on the stand will step up to the plate and make you happy. Hopefully same guy that installed the stand didn't work on the engines. Amazing how not just this case but all the time people get so close to doing a great job then all of a sudden a detail is missed and it tarnishes the whole dam thing.
    Hopefully same guy that installed the stand didn't work on the engines.
    Hey Jeremy yes thats what im thinkin but was told by the owner YOU KNOW HOW EMPLOYEES ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is that suppose to mean

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    Hey ARTIE , the Engine Builder built,dyno'd,build crates,packaged,bolted in crates, and loaded in my shippers truck .... I was told theres alot of POTHOLES in the road on a 2000 mile journey from sunny ARIZ to CHI TOWN ...

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like your engine builder is partially at fault for poor crating.