1. Collapse Details
    Key West or Siesta Keys Getaway
    What would you choose? Key West or Siesta Keys. Looking at late June. Need somewhere other than Ft. Myers this time.

2. Collapse Details

What do you want to do on your vacation?

Key West isn't much on beaches, but the party is definitely there. If you're not fond of "different" people, it's probably not a place for you- except Worlds week. The "different" people keep a low profile that week.

3. Collapse Details

registered
    In June, Siesta Key all the way. It's nicer, more family-friendly, and they actually have a decent beach (Travel Channel's top-10).

Key West is great when there's a party in town, but during non-peak times, there's really not much going on, and honestly, it's really not that nice. (Sorry Bob).

4. Collapse Details

Move your Vaca to the beginning of July, Go to Siesta Key, and the offshore race is right up the street in Sarasota

http://www.superboat.com/events.cfm?...details&id=129

5. Collapse Details

Well, if you do Key West, you can always raid Bobcat' fridge when he's not looking.. he might even be able to hook you up with a lesbian shortstop.......
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cigdaze View Post
    in june, siesta key all the way. It's nicer, more family-friendly, and they actually have a decent beach (travel channel's top-10).

Key west is great when there's a party in town, but during non-peak times, there's really not much going on, and honestly, it's really not that nice. (sorry bob).

+1

7. Collapse Details

Vacation - "accidently forgeting the power cords for the cell phones and laptop". "oppssss!?!?!" Worry about work when you get back. Siesta Key sounds good. Race sounds like a great idea! I always go to FMB because my parents are there. They'd still be close enough to make a visit again but just to see something a bit different would be nice. As long as I'm on or near the water I'm happy. The AlexBay run is just before that and we're heading for that.

8. Collapse Details

Actually season never ends here anymore, and the weather will be cooler in KW. I have never been to Siesta Key, but I imagine there are a few more things to do, especially if you have children

My fridge.....like my heart ....is off limits.
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Siesta i great. Its chill and has a a few great places to chill. Dont want to forget how great the beach is also.

10. Collapse Details

Warning. Hi-jack in progress... Just so happens I'm taking the wife to Siesta Key in June. For those that have been can you recommend a place to stay?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Warning. Hi-jack in progress... Just so happens I'm taking the wife to Siesta Key in June. For those that have been can you recommend a place to stay?
    Havent stayed there, usually stay in Sarasota for the race, but have been thru, and stopped for dinner/drinks. Doesnt look like there is a bad place, its kinda a small town.

12. Collapse Details
    so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    where did you end up staying? We're booked the end of July at Beach Point Resort. It was kinda hard finding a place!