1. Collapse Details
    Replacing a gas tank.
    I have been looking for a gas tank for the boat. I think even my 311 may need one as well. The old tanks in the boat are alluminum. I have been researching this quite a bit and it looks like the ethenol is going after welds on allum. tanks. Stainless you can only use with Deisle. Also Alum. tanks are not to be foamed in (even though every boat manuf. that I have ever run into does it). So I started to look at polymer tanks. They do make them large now. Does anyone see any down side to this?

Jon

2. Collapse Details

Fund Razor just replaced the tank in his Apache this summer.
    He has a thread on here somewhere detailing it.
    I know he had the tank custom fabbed from some outfit that was recommended here, and he said he was very pleased with the work.
    Do a search, or PM him, he might be able to help.

Bobcat also replaced a tank in his boat last spring. He'd be better for suggesting what type of beer to drink while yanking and replacing a tank.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Thanks. The replacing is the easy part I guess the question is what is the best to replace it with. I have a couple guys around me that could build the tank, just trying to figure out if Plastic is a better solution.

Anyone else?

4. Collapse Details

http://www.incaproducts.com/site/default.aspx

They will do custom if the listed ones do not work. I would look nowhere else.
    Brad Schoenwald
    "It's not what you do, it's how well you do it"
    www.PERFORMANCEBOATSCHOOL.com

5. Collapse Details

Rotor Molded tanks by ATL which now have baffles or you can build a tank using the same materials that i use to repair the tanks on Skaters .

6. Collapse Details

Thanks guys. Does anyone know the cost of these compaired to a allum. tank? Does the cost go way up if you go custom or do they have somewhat easy ways to adjust their sizes.

Jon

7. Collapse Details

You should be worried about your Donzi tank too!

8. Collapse Details

Na that thing has been mint so far. I was getting some fumes from time to time with the 311 this summer. May be a leak at the fuel pump but I can not find it. Spring will be hear soon enough and I can pull the boat and start to go through things a little better this year.

Jon