Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    National Yacht Liquidators Question?
    Has anyone purchased a boat through this company? Here is what just happened to us. My Aunt and Uncle recently bought a house on the intercoastal in Pompano Beach. They want a boat or a pontoon for cruising the intercoastal, but know nothing about boats. My side of the family has been boating our whole lives, so my uncle asks for my help. I said I would keep my eye out for the right unit, at a good price. Well, last Thursday I find a pontoon at NYL, I call them, it is still available. The first chance we have to go look at it is yesterday morning (Monday 10:30am). So we look the pontoon over good, the units nice, I give my uncle the green light. The salesman tells us it arrived on Dec 17 and has had no bids. I tell my uncle it is a great price how it sits, but just for good measure we offer just a few hundred bucks less than the asking. The salesman rights it up and says he will call us today (tuesday) with an answer. Well, the salesman just called my Uncle and said between us leaving yesterday (Monday 10:30am) and now (11:30 am tuesday), there has been 18 new bidders, and we are now way down the list with our bid. The salesman says the current high bid is now a $1000 more than the asking? Maybe this was a Christmas Miracle for the bank, but it seems a little shady. The unit has been there ten days with no bids, within 24 hours of our bid, 18 new horses are now in the race? Needless to say my Uncle now has a bad taste in his mouth and said don't bother looking at boats they have listed. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Lobster; 12-29-2009 at 04:05 PM.

2. Collapse Details

very typical...

your NOT the first

they did the same to me 3 months ago

in fact, they have done that twice to me now

never again..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

3. Collapse Details

registered
    That's how they play. Heard this time and time again about them.
    Leave your bid alone, tell it's your final offer and that they may call you when their other bidders fall through.

They did NOT get 19 bids in one day on a pontoon, I promise you that.

4. Collapse Details

I would just say well congradulations but if those bidders fall out you know my number and the price.

Then just keep looking.

Then if they were full of ****, and call you back in a few weeks or months and say the deal fell through...

Then you say well that is great, but my price has dropped 1K dollars. If they say ok, great. If not, play their game, let them sit on it another few weeks and call them and say you decided to take their offer.

It's the boat business, NOTHING IS EASY!

5. Collapse Details

tell them your offer drops every week by $500..

depreciation don't ya know...

6. Collapse Details

The best part about it is that I look stupid. My fault, I should have taken a step back and used my head. This is South Florida, and we are dealing with the marine industry. This is kind of like the Boston Whaler tender I drove all the way to Kendall to buy recently. Only to find out the boat pictured, and described in the ad, was what the boat once looked like when it was new.

7. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    do yourself a favor and just find another one from a decent dealer or individual. People are giving those things away this time of year

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    do yourself a favor and just find another one from a decent dealer or individual. People are giving those things away this time of year

9. Collapse Details

I hear Bank of America pulled their business from NYL....

follow the money..
    Last edited by BUIZILLA; 12-29-2009 at 04:46 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    NYL is a joke. They are misrepresenting themselves as a yacht "auction" business. If they would like to press the issue here then bring it. My father sits on the National Auctioneers board and I'm licensed in FL and 37 other states.

It's a reverse auction that waits until the real offers have dried up and then the boat turns to crap and the seller (bank etc) gets screwed. That simple.

About 8 years ago I got the name FloridaYachtAuctions.com and stupid me did nothing with it.

11. Collapse Details

If nothing else, maybe this thread will save someone here from getting jerked around in the future. Thx Guys

12. Collapse Details

Same thing happened to my buddy this past April. He made an offer on a boat and they came back at a price higher than what it was listed for.

The same boat was just sold by another company after the bank took it away. Oh BTW it sold for less than his original offer after sitting around all this time.

13. Collapse Details

Welcome to SOS DCB F32!

14. Collapse Details

When a large boat dealership in NJ gave up there floor plan,or something like that.None of the boats went to National.I think the banks are tired of them too.

15. Collapse Details

The story below pretty much says it all:

Edward R. Cozzi
    Charter Member

You guys need to be very careful dealing with National Liquidators.

A very good friend of mine, Antonio Melero, was bidding on that 36' Apache when it was listed. The salesman, Alex Craig, told him if he slipped him $1,000 under the table that he would see to it that Tony's offer would be the winning bid.

When Tony didn't get the boat, Alex denied ever getting the money. Tony went to Shane and the owner, Mr. Toney, and they both said they would look into it. Today Tony is STILL out his $1,000. They are all lying bull$hitters and crooks.

Don't take my word for it. Call Tony Melero direct and he will confirm what I've said here. (305) 450-5501. They've had ample time to do the right thing and they still refuse to step-up. Alex Craig is STILL working there too!!!

16. Collapse Details

Let that be a lesson. When you conspire with someone to commit fraud, don't pay him cash upfront.

17. Collapse Details

Lobster, did they call you back to say the other bid fell through yet?

I'm never a fan of buying any big ticket item where you have a numberof hours to make payment and move the item or they start charing you exorbitant fees. I like classic America where you have time to shake hands, drink a Coke and make arrangements to move your item, not discolor the whole experience with this nonsense.

18. Collapse Details

L.C. - We have not gotten a call back. But I did call yesterday as if I were a new customer inquiring on the unit. They said yes, it's still here and available, feel free to come look at it and place a bid if you are interested. It's all a bunch of B.S., smoke and mirrors. They are really doing the banks a disservice. And what I don't get is the mentality. They get a % from the seller, and I know they get a % from the buyer. There are probably pick up and storage fees they pass onto the bank. Usually when you are acting as an "Agent", the selling price is not your concern. Your number one concern is getting a buyer, and a seller to agree on the sale, no matter the price. Because 10% of something, is greater than 100% of nothing. I don't care if your selling widgets, offers don't buy groceries at Publix, closed deals do.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    When a large boat dealership in NJ gave up there floor plan,or something like that.None of the boats went to National.I think the banks are tired of them too.
    It depends on the bank I believe. Thats why some of Fastboats inventory went to Legendary Marine and the new Outerlimits that Hartman had. I know a guy dealing with them in Ohio now and it seems to be going well so far. Hopefully it stays that way for him.

20. Collapse Details

My buddy bought a 25 Rinker from them about 6 months ago.....went smoothly but boat was a little rough (paint faded, canvas ripped, no trailer). He bought it for 12k and nada trade in was 20K so he thinks he did ok, not stole it but ok. Boat had an $800 service (impeller, belt, fluids, anodes, etc at outside mechanic) before it hit the water and has been trouble free for 6 months with the sole exception of a cracked pulley/belt.

They were a little slow to get boat dropped on his craigslist trailer, they were closing no one here to load boat, come back tommorow type BS.