1. Collapse Details
    Now 'all Guns' must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!
    Checked out @ Snopes, http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own... It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT . . this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective!
    This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all.

Trust Obama ? ..... you must be kidding !

The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, U.S. Senate http://www.senate.gov/
    You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.

Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has begun . . . Whatever Obama's secret Master Plan is....this is just the 'tip of the iceburg!'

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pas s this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do.
    BillR

2. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    I'm (seriously) considering moving my citizenship to CN. Just easier.

3. Collapse Details

registered
    They can have my guns when the pry them out of my cold dead hands!
    Last edited by OldSchool; 11-30-2009 at 09:57 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    by the time this country realizes what he is doing,,,it,s going to be too late, we are sooo phoqued!!!!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

5. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    I'm (seriously) considering moving my citizenship to CN. Just easier.
    move it to china and get a jump on the rest of the country
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

6. Collapse Details

The bill has no co-signer and has almost zero chance of actually becoming law.

This is just a "campaign stunt". No worries!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

7. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post

I'm with you on that Clay. The story (sorry Bill) is obviously written by a hard right journalist. That's the problem these days, you can't get a unbiased story anymore!!!

8. Collapse Details

I saw someone say they can have my guns......but their getting all my bullets first!!!!

BTW: according to what I found this was first introduced in 2000 and has been elaborated way out of context.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    They can have my guns when the pry them out of my cold dead hands!
    They cant have them this way either! They go to my kids!!!!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Where there is smoke there is fire.
    BillR

11. Collapse Details

They can forget that. The government will have a frickin fit if they find out about my firearm collection!

12. Collapse Details

Another thought on this......

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Anybody ever heard of the Bill of Rights???

13. Collapse Details

But if they pass this law they will be raising the taxes on lower income people! They promissed they would not do that. They would not lie to us would they?

14. Collapse Details

If this were to happen it would make the Civil War look like a school yard tiff.
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

15. Collapse Details

Hmmmm....were did I put them? Maybe they were stolen....I just cant see to find them......Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post

Thats the same thing everyone said about the 94 Clinton AWB. "Blah, that'l never happen, dont worry about it"

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, especially those in a position of political power.

17. Collapse Details

While this is an email that is going around it also IS a lagit law that a senator is trying to pass. It does go to show that some of these guys are trying to make huge sweeping law changes. Some would say it will never pass because they are to worried about the back lash, but then again they are voting for health care that only about 30% of the people want so anything is possible!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Thats the same thing everyone said about the 94 Clinton AWB. "Blah, that'l never happen, dont worry about it"

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, especially those in a position of political power.
    No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.
    H. L. Mencken

19. Collapse Details

Senators and Congressmen write all sorts of trash that doesn't have a hope in hell of going anywhere- other than to their like-minded constituents. It's nothing mnore than a "look at what I'm doing for YOU" stunt.

Having said that, the statement about where there's smoke is pretty accurate. There are thousands of people in this country who's sole mission is to ban every gun. It's their life and in many cases their livelihood. And if you're not actively pushing back against them, you probably deserve to have someone swing by and pick up your firearms.