Thread: 103 in an svl ?

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=baldtires;514297]
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    The officals discuss these things and decisions with the teams involved...

so you are saying that after the officials discussed it with the teams, the teams protesting, now feel that there was no issue with driving/sportman like conduct? im going to guess that they still feel the way they have all along. having the officials explain how they came up with the decision could be a checks and balance type thing. im not accusing anybody of anything. but if there is nothing to hide, whats the harm in showing the public.
    There is no harm in explaining things to the public. The LLC always did that in these circumstances, but often times those who believed they were the victims still felt that way after the explanation, picked up their ball and went somewhere else anyway, and/or continued to hammer the sanctioning body on the public message boards, calling the body and leaders names, accusing them of wrongdoing, favoritism, etc., etc.

At the end of the day in this case, a class of 5 or 6 single engine boats is causing the sanctioning body a massive pain in the ass mostly because of their own unwillingness to take control of a situation from the beginning when they had the chance. If I were Smitty, I would be tempted to tell everyone of them to race P class and shut up.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    [QUOTE=baldtires;514297]
    The officals discuss these things and decisions with the teams involved...

so you are saying that after the officials discussed it with the teams, the teams protesting, now feel that there was no issue with driving/sportman like conduct? im going to guess that they still feel the way they have all along. having the officials explain how they came up with the decision could be a checks and balance type thing. im not accusing anybody of anything. but if there is nothing to hide, whats the harm in showing the public.
    I don't know you and there are many people on here with there own agenda's...
    If you don't like the outcome of a decision...and you say you are going to race in SVL....why not contact Mark the class rep of the SVL class..
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Put an ilmore in the white boat and be done with it .

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    Put an ilmore in the white boat and be done with it .
    I will be getting some numbers from Ian on what can be done to the hp to compair with the 525and give them to Mark...
    I guess if this P1 is a go..then just run the 625 to weight ratio..
    The other question will be..if its P1 would that not open it up to open and closed cockpit boats to 30' and under...

Either way...I think you may be seeing the Ilmor out there....

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    I will be getting some numbers from Ian on what can be done to the hp to compair with the 525and give them to Mark...
    I guess if this P1 is a go..then just run the 625 to weight ratio..
    The other question will be..if its P1 would that not open it up to open and closed cockpit boats to 30' and under...

Either way...I think you may be seeing the Ilmor out there....
    I want to see it in the White boat .
    Gary d. and Steve M.can take out that fountain.

6. Collapse Details

If you are being paid by p1 and take your teams and "rules" across all the orgs, why can't you/P1 settle your own issues? Why didn't your president make the decision? I'm just saying why would the OPA rule against your teams' wishes.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    If you are being paid by p1 and take your teams and "rules" across all the orgs, why can't you/P1 settle your own issues? Why didn't your president make the decision? I'm just saying why would the OPA rule against your teams' wishes.
    P1 - USA is not really a sanctioning organization. It hands out a few bucks at certain events and that is all. No rules, no staff, no sponsors.

8. Collapse Details

That sounds like a good idea...because if the same infractions happen again in a differant Org...it would not be the first time...plus if that offical travel with the SVL teams he would know the tech and set rules of SVL and leave the Org out of a protest....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 07-31-2010 at 04:27 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    https://www.bordergatewayprotocol.ne...imations/1.swf

LAUGH NOW !! THE RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!

THE FUTURE IS HERE ,, PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN ...!!

I KNOW ,,,,,"" ( YOUR GOING TO SUE ME ) ""

MIKE,,, A MAN WITH A KNIFE,,,CAN TAKE OUT A MAN WITH A GUN,,,
    YOU JUST NEED TO GET ,,,,,,,CLOSE,,,,,,?????
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor

Wahoo your point is spot on and well taken. The reality is that P1 ban should be anyone who intentionally drives this aggressive.

The reality is Martin/P1 is handing out beads and trinkets in an attempt to make it look like they have a US based Offshore racing series. The most P1 has paid is 1000.00 per race per team. Martin is a die hard Fountain Fan and longterm employee. I am almost positive he has never raced anything but a Fountain powerboat. The fact that he pits and dines with team in question regularly just makes him and P1 a bigger joke.

If P1 wants to really make it in the US they will need a staff without conflicts so they can be fair and unbiased. A rulebook race sites etc would also be helpful

I spoke with some of the orphaned P1 teams in Europe in the past weeks. They have made it very clear that we need to be careful with P1 and its agenda/promises.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 07-31-2010 at 08:22 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    https://www.bordergatewayprotocol.ne...imations/1.swf

LAUGH NOW !! THE RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!

THE FUTURE IS HERE ,, PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN ...!!

I KNOW ,,,,,"" ( YOUR GOING TO SUE ME ) ""

MIKE,,, A MAN WITH A KNIFE,,,CAN TAKE OUT A MAN WITH A GUN,,,
    YOU JUST NEED TO GET ,,,,,,,CLOSE,,,,,,?????
    Sure George, and I got some high priced condo units for sale in Palm Beach that are selling like hot cakes, at a premium no less, and the values are skyrocketing! Hurry, hurry, hurry before they are all gone!

All kidding aside, just don't waste too much time and money chasing that ghost with your eyes closed, cuz there is nothing you all can do to catch that Fountain now.
    Last edited by Mike A.; 07-31-2010 at 08:25 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Mike I can,t agree more,,,I don,t need to catch it , just EXPOSE IT !!! right now ,,knowone wants to ....BUT the future will,,!! KNOW MATER HOW MUCH MONEY GOD THINKS HE HAS,,,HELL IS NEAR,,,

13. Collapse Details

I thought this was the working mans class. I came from another racing community, and have been working in this race circuit for a few years. It's all the same no matter where you are at. I worked my way to be a big guy over there, and soon realized I liked it better as a little guy. I thought the SVL class might be the way to go, but now I am not so sure. There is one manufaturer taking over this class. I don't get it. You guys need to shut it down. Come on guys, quit whining, you mean you can't beat this thing. I can imagine Will Smith can fight Armagetton, then shurely he can change something to deal with this crap. You guys are talking about one boat here. Start sanding, moving, addingweight, whatever the hell you have to do to beat his ass. I would hate to see 9 Phnatoms breathing down my neck. Cut his ass off; it is 9 against one. Then let's all watch the video. I have nothing to lose here. I wash boats, maybe I will get fired and they will let me drive.

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy145 View Post
    I thought this was the working mans class. I came from another racing community, and have been working in this race circuit for a few years. It's all the same no matter where you are at. I worked my way to be a big guy over there, and soon realized I liked it better as a little guy. I thought the SVL class might be the way to go, but now I am not so sure. There is one manufaturer taking over this class. I don't get it. You guys need to shut it down. Come on guys, quit whining, you mean you can't beat this thing. I can imagine Will Smith can fight Armagetton, then shurely he can change something to deal with this crap. You guys are talking about one boat here. Start sanding, moving, addingweight, whatever the hell you have to do to beat his ass. I would hate to see 9 Phnatoms breathing down my neck. Cut his ass off; it is 9 against one. Then let's all watch the video. I have nothing to lose here. I wash boats, maybe I will get fired and they will let me drive.
    It,s simple really ,PUT THE ILMORE IN THE WHITE BOAT !

15. Collapse Details

According to the Phantom teams the problem is not that the Fountain is too fast. It is something else. So adding weight or further altering bottoms is not gonna be a solution it will only make the rules harder to write and enforce.

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Mike I can,t agree more,,,I don,t need to catch it , just EXPOSE IT !!! right now ,,knowone wants to ....BUT the future will,,!! KNOW MATER HOW MUCH MONEY GOD THINKS HE HAS,,,HELL IS NEAR,,,
    ===========
    .... an articulate response,,,.("KNOW MATER HOW MUCH MONEY GOD THINKS HE HAS,,,HELL IS NEAR") ,,,I could quote you at Church today,, but I do not think they know you anyway ????

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Like Mike A and Paul have said for a long time. Iron clad rule book. The same across all 3 orgs. The class had some really good momentum and there is still a lot of interest. No one is going to build a new boat now with out rules first.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Like Mike A and Paul have said for a long time. Iron clad rule book. The same across all 3 orgs. The class had some really good momentum and there is still a lot of interest. No one is going to build a new boat now with out rules first.
    I think thats the first step...you guys have something here...and it will not be fixed overnight...but you already have the most important thing and thats the boats....next a hard set of rules...and if a couple don't play by them...bye-bye...

Like you said...a Iron clas rule book....with also rules for new boats being built and specifics...so there is no misinterpting them....

The season is just half over....there is no time like the present to get things in place now...and let them play out for this year...and then go into next year running...

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    It,s simple really ,PUT THE ILMORE IN THE WHITE BOAT !
    Do you have Ilmor stickers all over your car yet...and that big banner on your front pourch like I asked you to...

Romor has it ..if Ilmor is let in... there racing camp will be in Fl....New Port Richey to be exact..
    Last edited by MANITIE; 08-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.

20. Collapse Details

Do you have Ilmor stickers all over your car yet...and that big banner on your front pourch like I asked you to...

Romor has it ..if Ilmor is let in... there racing camp will be in Fl....New Port Richey to be exact..
    that would be awesome,,, but right now ,,were not going to run v-10 against v-8 ,,,,without some testing first ,,,, it would be a serious torque issue,,