Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What to use on new interior
    Just had the entire cockpit redone in my 223LS and was wondering what most of you use on new vinyl?
    Seems armore all is a bit greasy for this plus I hear its not that good for vinyl.
    Thanks guys

2. Collapse Details

Try Leverage vinyl/leather conditioner. Best available. Do I have a witness!!???!!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack58 View Post
    Try Leverage vinyl/leather conditioner. Best available. Do I have a witness!!???!!!

yes you do..I'll second that

give me a call or pm me when you get a chance.. www.leveragepolish.com the vinyl/leather cleaner and conditioner is a non greasy formula..cleans very well with out any harm to your vinyl and or stitching and the conditioner last a long time in the elements. Directions are on all the bottles and we are eco-friendly across the board with all of our products. If any of ya'll have any questions, don't hesitate to call....and if you need help with applications..Donnie will catch a plane and finish the detail for you while you watch with a beer in hand.....We apprieciate the support guys...Jeff

4. Collapse Details

Never used Leverage but I do like 303 for vinyl.

5. Collapse Details

Armor all? Please don't do that. Try the leverage , you and your new vinyl will like it.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    Never used Leverage but I do like 303 for vinyl.
    Same here. I need to get my hands on some Leverage for both inside and outside the boat.

7. Collapse Details

Jeff I'll be calling you in the next day or two and get an order in, I also ran out of leverage polish so the timeing is right.
    Thanks alot guys, this site is great

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    yes you do..I'll second that

give me a call or pm me when you get a chance.. www.leveragepolish.com the vinyl/leather cleaner and conditioner is a non greasy formula..cleans very well with out any harm to your vinyl and or stitching and the conditioner last a long time in the elements. Directions are on all the bottles and we are eco-friendly across the board with all of our products. If any of ya'll have any questions, don't hesitate to call....and if you need help with applications..Donnie will catch a plane and finish the detail for you while you watch with a beer in hand.....We apprieciate the support guys...Jeff
    e-mail sent.

9. Collapse Details

Sorry to steal the thread but it seems like the right people are here to answer, What's best to use to remove build up on my tie bar an metal on my drives & props from like they were left sitting @ a slip n the water for awhile, I've tried the metal cerum but didn't really work, worked great on the bow rails & everything else
    Metal by the way, It can be scratched off with my finger nail in some places on some of the metal but the tie bar, it's like there's no hope, wish I could show a pic but all I got to work with for the time being is my iPhone, any suggestions much appreciated

10. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore32fever View Post
    Sorry to steal the thread but it seems like the right people are here to answer, What's best to use to remove build up on my tie bar an metal on my drives & props from like they were left sitting @ a slip n the water for awhile, I've tried the metal cerum but didn't really work, worked great on the bow rails & everything else
    Metal by the way, It can be scratched off with my finger nail in some places on some of the metal but the tie bar, it's like there's no hope, wish I could show a pic but all I got to work with for the time being is my iPhone, any suggestions much appreciated
    I use liquid jewelers roughe

11. Collapse Details

Ive had good luck with 303 vinyl protectant, it woks like sun screen for the vinyl, it also makes it shine w/ out being greasy.

On the metal parts, sounds like some good ole river scum. Maybe try ON/OFF, or Ringo, both are bottom stain removers and are highly acidic so be carefull.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
    e-mail sent.

Seltzer, sent you an email back..Thanks. Jeff

Prosno, call or email me when ever you get a chance..228-216-0900

13. Collapse Details

Let me get with Donnie on this and see if we can't resolve your situation...I or Donnie will get back to you by the end of the day..Thanks Jeff

14. Collapse Details

I've always used Zing (blue bottle) to remove the buildup and staining from when my boat sits in the water for a week or so while I'm on vaction at LOTO, etc. Makes everything shine like new again. Diluted muratic acid is the cheapest solution.

15. Collapse Details

Biokleen makes excellent products that what I use on mine

16. Collapse Details

The Metal Serum won't help on the scum buildup. You can make it shine once we get that scum off.

Household cleaners you can use are Vinegar/Water (try 50/50), On/Off or Lysol Tub & Tile. Let what ever you use sit for awhile and then lightly scrub it with the Scotch Brite Non Scratch Pads by 3M. You can get them at Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store.

Follow up withe Metal Serum and preferably a Powerball for the best shine. You can still do it by hand, but the Powerball gives you a bit more edge.

This is Chi-Town last year. Mark had allot of buildup on his chrome. I used the Lysol, 3M scrub pad and then the metal serum.

Donnie

Also, My Vinyl Conditioner is Non Greasy or Slick and is Scent Free. It leaves a nice soft surface with a mild sheen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chicago62008.jpg   101S7000490.jpg   96MetalSerumonHBrail.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

The 303 sounds like it does a good job of stopping sun damage and UV rays!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Biokleen makes excellent products that what I use on mine
    I have used Bio-Kleen and that stuff us the chit. It's crazy the difference it makes

This is a true story: this happened twice to me last year, I carry the bio-kleen with me on the boat we would stop somewhere and someone would ask new vinyl? I would say no I use this. They would ask to use it for a minute and I never seen it again. Funny but they liked it so much I never got it back stupid story but true I knew both people!
    Last edited by Sunsation96; 03-31-2009 at 05:30 PM.

19. Collapse Details

And just for the record I would like to try your leverage wax this year last year I used race glaze but you have great reviews on your product and you support this website so I'll try it. How do I get in touch to order or who do I call?

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarineClean View Post
    The Metal Serum won't help on the scum buildup. You can make it shine once we get that scum off.

Household cleaners you can use are Vinegar/Water (try 50/50), On/Off or Lysol Tub & Tile. Let what ever you use sit for awhile and then lightly scrub it with the Scotch Brite Non Scratch Pads by 3M. You can get them at Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store.

Follow up withe Metal Serum and preferably a Powerball for the best shine. You can still do it by hand, but the Powerball gives you a bit more edge.

This is Chi-Town last year. Mark had allot of buildup on his chrome. I used the Lysol, 3M scrub pad and then the metal serum.

Donnie

Also, My Vinyl Conditioner is Non Greasy or Slick and is Scent Free. It leaves a nice soft surface with a mild sheen.
    I need some Leverage for inside and outside of my boat.