Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FOAM FILLED TIRES
    Anyone ever done their own? I am talking skid loader/ all terrain forklift size. looking into doing it on the side, We have 3 forklifts and a Bobcat,plus numerous types of wheeled equipment.
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

What are you trying to achieve? Weight increase, or puncture resistance?

3. Collapse Details

Puncture proof in the Bobcat, both in the Fork lifts. I know they bounce a lot more in the Bobcat, but it is worth it for no down time.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

wished we'd started out with foam filled tires on everything we owned (Kubota RTV's, forklifts, small tractors, articulating trailers etc). At this point, several years later we would have paid for them a few times over and everything would have been more manageable with the zero downtime.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

5. Collapse Details

We sent some out to have weight loaded for a manlift. $$$$$$$$$$. I've never filled one personally. I have tried a set of the puncture proof tires on my 863, they are indeed puncture proof but they wear just the same as standard tires if you use the machine a lot on asphalt or concrete surfaces. I suppose that could be helped with a set of metal tracks over top of puncture proof tires.

6. Collapse Details

use concrete, it's also puncture proof.

7. Collapse Details

I'm in the forklift biz.

We have them foam filled now and then, but the majority of the
    time we use solid pneumatic style tires.

All of our pneumatic tire style rental units have solids on them,
    for the no down time reason.

It cost us about as much to have them foam filled as it does for
    a solid pneumatic( if you factor in a new tire + foam filling), and the solids last alot longer than the foam filleds do.

8. Collapse Details

We have these kind of fork lifts, foam filled is the best for construction sites.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boat motor 014.jpg  
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

A bit of twist to the topic, has anyone here had good experiences with Bobcat brand dealer service? I am so F'ing pissed with both of my local dealers, all they do is replace parts at random and hope the problem goes away. Every time I send one it its 2 to 3K minumum. Im ready to sell both of my machines and buy a different brand. I could write a book on the rediculously stupid things that I've experienced with their service people.

Bobcat builds a great machine but their dealer service at least in my area is a complete joke.

10. Collapse Details

Our closest dealer is 160 miles away, so I try to stay local. (no warranty work on a 1996)
    Parabellum FJ²B

11. Collapse Details

local Bcat dealer here has serious turnover issues, every time I go in there I deal with a different manager or service person, and this is on a vendor level... they guess at EVERYTHING... i'm tired of holding their hands..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

12. Collapse Details

A few off the top of my head: Service manager in person showd me a cracked alternator bracket that was made of mild folded steel. He stared me right in the face and tried to tell the that it was cast iron and impossible to weld. In the very next breath tells me that the alternator needs replaced becase the mounting holes were ever so slightly egged out of round.

Another one that really set me off was when I ordrdered a new wiring pigtail for a planner, I gave them the F'in serial number and they orderd the wrong part and had it drop shipped to me then refused to take it back becase they have a zero return on electrical parts policy. As I mentioned before, I could literally write a book about this sort of dumb shenanegins. Im curious how much better, or worse Deere or Cat service is?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    local Bcat dealer here has serious turnover issues, every time I go in there I deal with a different manager or service person, and this is on a vendor level... they guess at EVERYTHING... i'm tired of holding their hands..
    Is that Metro Dade? I just sent them an E-mail and the guy answered that he needed the serial # for my " SKITSTEER" not a lot of confidence to a Bobcat Dealer who cannot spell skidsteer.
    Parabellum FJ²B

14. Collapse Details

B, what are you looking for? Yes I need the S/N but I may be able to help...

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Is that Metro Dade? I just sent them an E-mail and the guy answered that he needed the serial # for my " SKITSTEER" not a lot of confidence to a Bobcat Dealer who cannot spell skidsteer.
    Its Miami, be gratefull that they even understand / speak engrish.

Funny you brought this up again. I reccieved a call last Monday from what I can only assume is a new salesman at the local Bobcat dealer. He wanted to know when he could schedule a time to meet with me and tell me all about what Bobcat has to offer. I told him he could shedule the meeting after his service department finally did something right on one of my machines. I'm willing to bet that after an hour of calling other customers he learned why the last salesman walked off the job.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    B, what are you looking for? Yes I need the S/N but I may be able to help...
    exhaust(flexible) pipe from the manifold to the muffler on a Kubota v2203e

model 763

Serial# *512229605*

I found bobcat replacement stickers for the lift arms and the back/ sides of the machine on e-bay cheap, but to operate on the Navy bases I'm going to need all of the warning stickers.
    Thanks Bobcat
    Parabellum FJ²B

17. Collapse Details

Just got a quote back saying they want $394.00 for an 18" piece of flex pipe with a bracket and gasket on each end

I'll keep on breathing the exhaust through my asbestos dust mask at that price!
    Parabellum FJ²B

18. Collapse Details

Got my parts guys looking at it, let ya know

19. Collapse Details

whats the engine S/N?

20. Collapse Details

We use one of that style pipe on an air compressor.. No more than 12" long, flange etc.. Almost double the price!!