Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Oh boy, now every time I think of skater nation I think of figure skating. One guy is killin the nation. You skater boys need to figure a come back and quick

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Oh boy, now every time I think of skater nation I think of figure skating. One guy is killin the nation. You skater boys need to figure a come back and quick
    We aim to please Jeremy.

But just figure skating... let's not be that narrow!

It's a Skater Nation.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    There is that little issue of Coast Guard compliance that should come into play also. Depending on when your boat was made you may want to read your insurance policy and the regulations at the time of production.
    Steve
    Care to elaborate??

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post

Thanks to Skater Nation.
    hahaha that's the best one!

My tanks are 25 years old and still going

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SKATIN View Post
    hahaha that's the best one!

My tanks are 25 years old and still going

There are zillions out there just like yourself BIG Daddy....

ROCK ON SKATER BROs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09_TalkNTrash_172316.jpg  
    Last edited by runninhotracing; 12-08-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: GLH is a D!K

6. Collapse Details

E Dock
    I guess that will be the way then if those bladder's lifespan is so short. For now however there is no issue so...

Currently my tank is 16" behind the rear bulkhead of the cockpit under the air scoop in the middle of the boat. Where are the tanks on a standard 42 or 44 MTI?
    They are in the sponsons Running alongside the cockpit, starting right in front of the bulkhead seperating the engine bay.
    Basically they would cut out the bulk head thats in front of the engine, but only the portion in the sponson area, slide the tank in and reglass the bulkhead back in place.
    If it makes you fee any better billy, this can be done on Skaters also.
    Last edited by 44MTI; 12-08-2009 at 03:16 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 44MTI View Post
    They are in the sponsons Running alongside the cockpit, starting right in front of the bulkhead seperating the engine bay.
    Basically they would cut out the bulk head thats in front of the engine, but only the portion over the sponson, slide the tank in and reglass the bulkhead back in place.
    If it makes you fee any better billy, this can be done on Skaters also.
    Got it Micheal, thank you.

Very different then where mine is situated. I figured they lowered them from where it is in mine. Gives more space for people or storage.

It's a Skater Nation.

8. Collapse Details

My MTI has plastic tanks that are just in front of the bilge bulkhead in each sponson. They are form fit to the sponson and have a foam liner between the hull and the tank. 135 gal each. No worries ever. No resin problems, no aluminum cracking/corrosion, and no bladders that fall apart. I thought all MTI's were this way?? Michael do I assume we are saying the same thing when you mention the tanks are slid in?
    My Skater is a Kevlar hull and no issues with the tanks. I had two Motions that had bad problems with the filters plugging up from the resin snot of the gas tanks.

9. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=BraceYourself;386191] WOO HOO!!!!!!! , now every time I think of skater nation I think of a herd of FAST BAD AZZ BOATS & a group of cool MoFos You skater boys ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right On Jeremy could'nt of said it better myself

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09_TalkNTrash_172341.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

We aim to please Jeremy.

It's a Skater Nation.
    We need some hot naked babes on skates but then again when ever i see a hot l@@kin Skater i always think of a fine women and a total orgasm doing triple digits

11. Collapse Details

We aim to please Jeremy.

It's a Skater Nation.
    No Artie you missed it these are GLHs girls he just has'nt gotten them there MTI/Drambui/Kettle 1 outfits yet to model & had a BIGGER canopy made yet ROTFLMFAO

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    No Artie you missed it these are GLHs girls he just has'nt gotten them there MTI/Drambui/Kettle 1 outfits yet to model & had a BIGGER canopy made yet ROTFLMFAO
    That's all you got, I though you Chicago dudes could put up an original fight...

Also Drambuie is spelled with an E at the end, I guess that Freakonomics guy was right about schools in your area in his first book...

It's a Skatr Nation.

13. Collapse Details

E Dock
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradz View Post
    My MTI has plastic tanks that are just in front of the bilge bulkhead in each sponson. They are form fit to the sponson and have a foam liner between the hull and the tank. 135 gal each. No worries ever. No resin problems, no aluminum cracking/corrosion, and no bladders that fall apart. I thought all MTI's were this way?? Michael do I assume we are saying the same thing when you mention the tanks are slid in?
    My Skater is a Kevlar hull and no issues with the tanks. I had two Motions that had bad problems with the filters plugging up from the resin snot of the gas tanks.
    Your right they are plastic, don't know what I was thinking there. Thanks for correcting that.
    In a refit they would be slid into place from the engine bay. When building they are put into place before the top deck and hull are bonded together.

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Care to elaborate??
    Read the CG regs for I/O boats. For years you could not build a tank of of fiberglass or hull structure for anything but an outboard. Most insurance policies state you must meet all state and federal laws at all times. If you have a boat that does not complie you can get a claim denied.

Steve

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Read the CG regs for I/O boats. For years you could not build a tank of of fiberglass or hull structure for anything but an outboard. Most insurance policies state you must meet all state and federal laws at all times. If you have a boat that does not complie you can get a claim denied.

Steve
    Steve i might be wrong about this but what about BERTRAM & HATTERAS ,who have been building fiberglass tanks for years and might i add Tiara or S 2 YACHTS has incorporated a few fiberglass tanks into there build over the last few years and there location is in Skaters back yard ......Holland Mich .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-08-2009 at 08:41 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Steve i might be wrong about this but what about BERTRAM & HATTERAS ,who have been building fiberglass tanks for years and might i add Tiara or S 2 YACHTS has incorporated a few fiberglass tanks into there build over the last few years and there location is in Skaters back yard ......Holland Mich .
    Let's call some lawyers to clear this up pro-bono...

17. Collapse Details

BTW I have paid my dept to Jim and AJ and I can now stop with that Skater Nation nonsense..... Anyone who saw Randy run rings around WHM and that turn marker in Key West knows we rule with MTI whatever the Nation that elected Obama thinks!!!!

I slay myself.

18. Collapse Details

... a total orgasm doing triple digits
    Where exactly do you put those three digits to give yourself an orgasm like that?

19. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=glh;386801]BTW I have paid my dept to Jim and AJ and I can now stop with that Skater Nation nonsense..... Anyone who saw Randy run rings around WHM and that turn marker in Key West knows we rule with MTI whatever the Nation that elected Obama thinks!!!!

Who won the World Championship??

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    For diesel you can do that gasoline is another subject. The regs for years were or are (I have not looked lately). Inboard gas boats were to have aluminum tanks with a certification tag. Fiberglass tanks were actually mentioned as not allowed. An outboard or diesel boat was allowed to have a fiberglass tank.
    Taking boating safety as a joke or an afterthought is great until you sift through the wreckage where people have perished.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 12-08-2009 at 10:43 PM.