Thread: soccer anyone?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Are you ANY kind of athlete at ALL? I only ask because your perspective is different from mine. You see...it's 5:55 am here in Chicago and 36 degrees...I was up at 3:50 this morning, ran 5 miles, will be working for the next four hours, then going mountain biking. I played soccer competitively for many years, and I've been a runner even longer. Even though I haven't played for years, I'd be willing to be I could smoke past you 90 times out of 100 with a soccer ball...and that would be VERY skill related (try juggling some time...see how many touches you get without letting the ball hit the ground...my personal best is well over 1000).

It's all about perspective, bro. At least I can say "been there, done that," and in many cases, I am STILL doing it.
    I played baseball from the time I was ten throughout high school. I played football two years.

It's a little easier to kick a ball 1000 times. I bet you wouldn't hit a major league curveball once out of a thousand times. I doubt you would "smoke" pass me 100 times with a damn soccer ball. I'd just take you out with a tackle and let you grab your leg and squall like a baby.

2. Collapse Details

The heart only has so many beats; no reason to waste them on exercise. Matter of fact; I try to slow my down with alcohol..

3. Collapse Details

I agree soccer takes endurance, but I can't watch 90 minutes of running around and no score until the last 2 minutes of the game. I just cant' get into it, unless the girls were naked anyway. Guys soccer, no way. They would have to be handing out unlimited free beer to get me to another game.
    Unfortunately I played football and rugby when I was younger and have the bad knees, shoulders, etc. to show for it. I have a couple buddies that always told me how rough soccer was until they came and played rugby...once.

4. Collapse Details

can't we all just agree that the lingerie bowl is the best thing EVER?

5. Collapse Details

I personally can't believe a soccer thread has made it to 5 pages. I figured it would be forgotten after the 3rd post.......

6. Collapse Details

Since Mark already posted a link on here...It's kinda blurry anyway.

This is my kinda soccer player!
    NSFW http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/685324/

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    I'd just take you out with a tackle and let you grab your leg and squall like a baby.

See...you'd think so...but then you'd probably realize when you woke up later that I have a red/black belt in tae kwon do.

And I'm not talking about "kicking" a ball past you...I'm talking about one-on-one, me-making-you-look-like-an-idiot dribbling past you.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    See...you'd think so...but then you'd probably realize when you woke up later that I have a red/black belt in tae kwon do.

And I'm not talking about "kicking" a ball past you...I'm talking about one-on-one, me-making-you-look-like-an-idiot dribbling past you.

When I woke up. you'd discover I own a baseball bat, and I know how to use it.

I knocked down danger's door, kicked a lion in the azz and dared it roar.

I ain't skeered of nothing at all.

9. Collapse Details

Tough guys- let's get back to talking soccer suits, or better yet lack there of

10. Collapse Details

Best one ever- NSFW chick scores goal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP9EpSAAssU

11. Collapse Details

You guys ever see the body painted chicks for the sock-her world cup a couple years ago? Now that's something I can get behind (and on top of, and under, and on an on, for at least two minutes!)

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

12. Collapse Details

for someone who played and watched hockey his whole life soccer is so slow its insane.....OMG!!!...no wonder its never caught on up here.

Although one time a long time ago I taped a F1 car race on my VCR.....I set the start time about 10 min too early.....when I wanted to watch the race I had to fast forward past the Soccer game and you know what?......in FF its not a bad game !!!!!......true story!