Thread: soccer anyone?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Baseball is a "sleeping" man's sport.

There...fixed if for ya!

Bunch of dudes standin' around scratching themselves while ONE guy actually shows some physical exertion.

And Dude...5 miles is about the average distance a center mid will cover in an average soccer game. I parlayed my abilities as a center mid into quite a successful distance running career (anybody on this site beat a 4:15 mile?). Much respect to rugby, lacrosse and hockey...never played, but I have a good idea of what it would take to do it.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    soccer and rugby, very similar sports! name is interchangable in som places!
    Where? Mars?

I don't mean to bag on soccer. It's just not my thing and I get tired of having it crammed down my throat as "the worlds most popular game" all the time.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I get tired of having it crammed down my throat as "the worlds most popular game" all the time.
    It is a fact. The USA and Canada are the only 2 countries that don't see soccer as the national past time.

At least Canada is close with hockey but why the USA had to pick baseball is beyond me. I would rather watch poker than baseball.......

4. Collapse Details

I don't mean to bag on soccer. It's just not my thing and I get tired of having it crammed down my throat as "the worlds most popular game" all the time.
    Probably cause Rugby isn't that popular and football has the "bling" even though it's nothing compared to rugby...

On a different subject I recently saw Forever Strong, I thought it was a good story! http://www.foreverstrongmovie.com/

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Good GOD man! Googled Laisa Andrioli...let's just say I would LOVE to score on her! Dig up the NSFW video...it is HIGHLY recommended. Nice call Audio!
    This can still be in this section with links right?

NSFW: http://hailmaryjane.com/laisa-andrio...soccer-player/

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    This can still be in this section with links right?

NSFW: http://hailmaryjane.com/laisa-andrio...soccer-player/

7. Collapse Details

watching baseball is like watching the grass grow...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

There...fixed if for ya!

Bunch of dudes standin' around scratching themselves while ONE guy actually shows some physical exertion.

And Dude...5 miles is about the average distance a center mid will cover in an average soccer game. I parlayed my abilities as a center mid into quite a successful distance running career (anybody on this site beat a 4:15 mile?). Much respect to rugby, lacrosse and hockey...never played, but I have a good idea of what it would take to do it.
    The hardest thing to do in all pro sports is to hit major league pitching.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    Obiously you have never watched it. Let me show you some chicks that would beg to differ.

Take Laisa Andrioli for example. If you do a search you can find MUCH Better pictures of her but then the thread woud have to get moved over to UC. Or maybe Amy Taylor is more your speed? Mia Ham aint bad either I could go on and on.
    I'm sure they all look like her. Models and hotties on pictures do nothing for me.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    It is a fact. The USA and Canada are the only 2 countries that don't see soccer as the national past time.

At least Canada is close with hockey but why the USA had to pick baseball is beyond me. I would rather watch poker than baseball.......
    South Africa, New Zealand, Japan, India?

11. Collapse Details

The guy who said that has never been hit by a heavy weight boxer!

12. Collapse Details

The guy who said that has never been hit by a heavy weight boxer!
    It's not hard to hit or be hit.

13. Collapse Details

It's not hard to hit or be hit.
    If you say so, Jefe...

14. Collapse Details

OKaaaaaaaaaaaay. I've heard that line of crap before...the fact is...even a monkey standing at the plate with a bat will EVENTUALLY make contact with a major league pitch. I submit to you...the IRONMAN. 2.1 mile swim, 112 on the bike, and then a marathon. Takes more than a monkey, my friend. And if you DO find a monkey to do that...how about an Ultraman? Ironman X 2. Yeah...people do that. Pro baseball? Ha!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post

Pu$$y
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    watching baseball is like watching the grass grow...
    Watching the grass grow might actually be slightly more exciting.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    Watching the grass grow might actually be slightly more exciting.
    depends on the type of "grass" you are watching grow...

18. Collapse Details

OKaaaaaaaaaaaay. I've heard that line of crap before...the fact is...even a monkey standing at the plate with a bat will EVENTUALLY make contact with a major league pitch. I submit to you...the IRONMAN. 2.1 mile swim, 112 on the bike, and then a marathon. Takes more than a monkey, my friend. And if you DO find a monkey to do that...how about an Ultraman? Ironman X 2. Yeah...people do that. Pro baseball? Ha!
    My cousin enters Ironman contests all ove the world, and I beT he can't hit a major league curveball. I'm talking skilll, not just endurance. Do you see the difference? I be a major league pitcher would strike you out a 100 time out of 100. I can kick a soccer ball and run up and down the field and grab my leg like I'm hurt. Soccer is for greasy Euro trash.
    Last edited by cuda; 11-13-2009 at 08:10 AM.

19. Collapse Details

I gotta say that until you've been to a hockey game, you can't get the feel for it. I didn't think I'd like it when Tampa first got the Lightning, but after a few games, I really enjoyed it. Luckily I was sitting next to a guy that could explain all the rules to me. We also had some of the best seats in the arena: Club level, center ice.

20. Collapse Details

My cousin enters Ironman contests all ove the world, and I be he can't hit a major league curveball. I'm talking skilll, not just endurance. Do you see the difference? I be a major league pitcher would strike you out a 100 time out of 100. I can kick a soccer ball and run up and down the field and grab my leg like I'm hurt. Soccer is for greasy Euro trash.

Are you ANY kind of athlete at ALL? I only ask because your perspective is different from mine. You see...it's 5:55 am here in Chicago and 36 degrees...I was up at 3:50 this morning, ran 5 miles, will be working for the next four hours, then going mountain biking. I played soccer competitively for many years, and I've been a runner even longer. Even though I haven't played for years, I'd be willing to be I could smoke past you 90 times out of 100 with a soccer ball...and that would be VERY skill related (try juggling some time...see how many touches you get without letting the ball hit the ground...my personal best is well over 1000).

It's all about perspective, bro. At least I can say "been there, done that," and in many cases, I am STILL doing it.