1. Collapse Details
    What's up with Fountain sale?
    Today,Soundings Trade Only ran the Hustler press release,but Saturday there were a couple of posts that a Canadian group,Oxford Financial,bought Fountain Friday.But nothing else has been posted. Anybody know what's true?

2. Collapse Details

I am sticking with the story that Darr bought it and it is going to be Super V Cove.

3. Collapse Details

Hustler posted that their deal fell short.

Fountain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our acquisition of secured bank notes of Fountain Powerboats fell a few hours short to Oxford Investment as we were in meetings with Reggie Fountain at his facility on Thursday. It is our understanding that they will be able to run the bid up at the auction to 20 Million dollars. This number does not work to make this a viable investment from us as additional money will be needed to get employees back on the line, re-stock materials and keep the business up and running over the next two years while the country comes back from its current recession. We feel it is a sad day in the boating industry as our expertise and high standards would have helped enhanced the Fountain and Baja lines.

Our passion for building high quality boats is alive and well and we will continue to build Hustler’s full line of boats to the highest standards. We will be coming out with our new 29’ in our Rockit Series at the Miami Boat show to fill that current void in the market place and would like to thank everyone who wished us well over the last few weeks.

We will be looking at new ventures in our industry in the coming months.

4. Collapse Details

Sounds lke oxford is in and hustler out. Maybe darr is the main investor in oxford. Sounds like a company with more money than brains. They must be looking at past financials for this business and thinking it is a good idea. It is said that they could bid as much as 20mil wether that is a scare tactic or they would actually bid that much is stupid.

There is the info. I posted to slow.
    Last edited by db71; 09-21-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: posted to slow

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Oxford services is Canadian

But the wealth management firm Oxford Group is a US firm

6. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
    Hustler posted that their deal fell short.

Fountain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our acquisition of secured bank notes of Fountain Powerboats fell a few hours short to Oxford Investment as we were in meetings with Reggie Fountain at his facility on Thursday. It is our understanding that they will be able to run the bid up at the auction to 20 Million dollars. This number does not work to make this a viable investment from us as additional money will be needed to get employees back on the line, re-stock materials and keep the business up and running over the next two years while the country comes back from its current recession. We feel it is a sad day in the boating industry as our expertise and high standards would have helped enhanced the Fountain and Baja lines.

Our passion for building high quality boats is alive and well and we will continue to build Hustler’s full line of boats to the highest standards. We will be coming out with our new 29’ in our Rockit Series at the Miami Boat show to fill that current void in the market place and would like to thank everyone who wished us well over the last few weeks.

We will be looking at new ventures in our industry in the coming months.
    I thought it was foolish of them to make their intentions so clear prior to then auction. It takes time to put a 20 million bid together and Hustler put their rivals on plenty of notice.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    I thought it was foolish of them to make their intentions so clear prior to then auction. It takes time to put a 20 million bid together and Hustler put their rivals on plenty of notice.
    I agree. Not quite the brightest idea to do some pregloating. Guess it came back to bite them on their azz. Plenty were pulling for them though.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    maybe Hustler and focus on their own brand dealer network now... it is far from the best itself. (from what i seen)

just my o2 ct.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As I said before in another spot, if I were OuterLimits I would be making all kinds of noise about how I was gonna buy it just for a couple of the Fountain models but most of the Baja models to enhance our line.

(Even if I wasn't even considering it)

Maybe that's what was going on here?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

my bet is divide and sell off.

11. Collapse Details

will we soon see beak molds on ebay???
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by db71 View Post
    Sounds lke oxford is in and hustler out. Maybe darr is the main investor in oxford. Sounds like a company with more money than brains. They must be looking at past financials for this business and thinking it is a good idea. It is said that they could bid as much as 20mil wether that is a scare tactic or they would actually bid that much is stupid.

There is the info. I posted to slow.
    Hilarious

13. Collapse Details

Its all posturing.

If Hustler truly intended on purchasing Fountain....to count their eggs before they hatched is a bad PR idea......but from the other perspective, putting out releases stating that you are going to resurect the name for the good of powerboating....deal falls through but Hustler is still going to fill the 29' void......it created a buzz about Hustler for a while, didnt it?

Maybe they arent going to purchase Fountain, but instead use some of Reggies "smoke and mirrors" marketing tactics.

14. Collapse Details

www.JokerPerformanceBoats.com has officially bought Fountain. We'll also be introducing our new twin step 28 in Miami!

15. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranks 'N Skanks View Post
    Its all posturing.

If Hustler truly intended on purchasing Fountain....to count their eggs before they hatched is a bad PR idea......but from the other perspective, putting out releases stating that you are going to resurect the name for the good of powerboating....deal falls through but Hustler is still going to fill the 29' void......it created a buzz about Hustler for a while, didnt it?

Maybe they arent going to purchase Fountain, but instead use some of Reggies "smoke and mirrors" marketing tactics.
    If that is the case then I am impressed
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    Oxford services is Canadian

But the wealth management firm Oxford Group is a US firm
    Oxford is a San Diego area based firm!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dranks 'N Skanks View Post
    Its all posturing.

Lot's of scenarios here. Suppose you heard Fountain was going to be purchased in whole and build boats to compete with yours. You announce first, drive up the price, and then let them have it. Let the debt break their backs.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    Lot's of scenarios here. Suppose you heard Fountain was going to be purchased in whole and build boats to compete with yours. You announce first, drive up the price, and then let them have it. Let the debt break their backs.
    Hey he got me talking about Hustlers!Good answer!

19. Collapse Details

I know you guys can read because you've all given me grief about previous articles, ha-ha. The Trade Only story didn't say Oxford Group. It said Oxford Financial, which according to the company's website, is based in Indiana. Guess we'll find out in a week or two.

20. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    www.JokerPerformanceBoats.com has officially bought Fountain. We'll also be introducing our new twin step 28 in Miami!
    nice LOL