Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    TRUSSARDI No 88
    Shock,horror!

I have just been informed that the last CUV 38 built (Trussardi),without hardly any miles on the clock,was sold last year and has been converted into a cabin boat.Black armbands all round Marco!

2. Collapse Details
    More questions
    1.What Smania CUV boat sank never to be recovered?

2.In 1980 Swedish race, did Niccolai use the new Picchiotti designed boat to win,so Smania had the old picchiotti Dry Martini 2 for the race.

3.In 1981 did Niccolai use the old or new Dry Martini 2 boat for Costa Smeralda and VBV races.I didn`t realize the old Dry Martini 2 was used in 1980 & 81.I will amend my list.

4.Are you saying Missoni used his 87 damaged boat for 88 and not Della Valle`s boat?

5.I have logged that C.Fiorio drove the old Dry Martini 2 boat in the 1981 Swedish race.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dude! Sweet! View Post
    i rarely see a picture of a cuv that's not flying!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scannen0051.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	42405

Name:	Scannen0050.jpg 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	42406

4. Collapse Details

I had a friend fly over to Paul Ricard to look at Caldente's CUV a couple of years ago. I have a disk at home with all the photos, I believe. There may be some pictures of the Cobra on that disk as well.

Here is a link to his personal web site as well with many photos of the CUV. http://web.mac.com/jpaikos/iWeb/Site/Boat.html

It semed to me, based on the color of the deck under the engine hatches that this boat may have been yellow at some point (and at the time I'd guessed maybe San Bennedetto from looking at the pictures).

Caliente/Bandit was in Western Canada two years ago. Owned by a gentleman named Lorne Andreas. I have his phone number around. The boat was in a hangar completely de-rigged. Loren was planning on converting it to an outboard powered fishing boat (although hopefully that was a sales tactic). I've wanted to call Loren for some time to follow up on the boat. He did offer to sell it to me, but I have no recollection as to the price, other than it seemed to make the cost of buying Patrick's boat and shipping it to the US seem like a more effective route when I took into account the efffort to re-rig, etc.
    Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 09-28-2009 at 11:40 AM.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

5. Collapse Details

And this discussion is spectacular! Thanks guys!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
    Shock,horror!

I have just been informed that the last CUV 38 built (Trussardi),without hardly any miles on the clock,was sold last year and has been converted into a cabin boat.Black armbands all round Marco!
    Unfortunately often who has the money it finds the way to reach things to him totally extraneous and to change them to his image and similarity....

7. Collapse Details

1.What Smania CUV boat sank never to be recovered?

2.In 1980 Swedish race, did Niccolai use the new Picchiotti designed boat to win,so Smania had the old picchiotti Dry Martini 2 for the race.

3.In 1981 did Niccolai use the old or new Dry Martini 2 boat for Costa Smeralda and VBV races.I didn`t realize the old Dry Martini 2 was used in 1980 & 81.I will amend my list.

4.Are you saying Missoni used his 87 damaged boat for 88 and not Della Valle`s boat?

5.I have logged that C.Fiorio drove the old Dry Martini 2 boat in the 1981 Swedish race.

1. The only 38' that Smania owned. The former Alitalia Tre.

2.Sorry but I still have to correct me: not in Sweden but it was in Venice that Smania rented the old 38' from Niccolai that that year was renamed Martini Racing as the new 38.'

3. I don't know if at Porto Cervo but at Viareggio Niccolai drove the small 35' with great disappointment of Stuteville because the rough sea.

4. No,Missoni drove sometimes the 38',sometimes the 41'(VBV)
    both of Della Valle's Ego-Pinot di Pinot. I donět have info of the crashed 41' of Missoni after Porto Cervo. Surely it was recovered.

5. No. Fiorio drove and won in Sweden with the 38' of the 1980. Niccolai in that time was already to explain to a judge where had gone the money that they missed from the bank Steinhauslin of Florence.
    Della Valle it still drove at Oregrund with the Cig.36'.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olli View Post

Name:	Scannen0051.jpg 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	42405

Name:	Scannen0050.jpg 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	42406
    Enjoy!
    No Photoshop any makeup.
    Is the typical trim of the boats of the T-man Franco Statua.
    To him - mio maestro - I devote this image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails miuraflying.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Black Tornado View Post
    Enjoy!
    No Photoshop any makeup.
    I LOVE that photo!

10. Collapse Details

Enjoy!
    No Photoshop any makeup.
    One would think this is one of the Alitalias just because of the flight level!
    Unbelievable

11. Collapse Details
    Marco reply
    No 4 still has me confused.You say in 1988 Missoni drove the della valle 41ft,yet in your CUV list indicates he used the 1987 crashed 41ft.

The info you have come back with does conflict with crouse`s book,no change there then.

BTW I have heard Crouse is in a bad way,and this may have a bearing on his latest book being published.Sad if it is true.

That Miura pic is rather tasty,must have hit a cracking swell to do that.

12. Collapse Details

Enjoy!
    No Photoshop any makeup.
    Thats my new back ground for a while.........

13. Collapse Details

No 4 still has me confused.You say in 1988 Missoni drove the della valle 41ft,yet in your CUV list indicates he used the 1987 crashed 41ft.

The info you have come back with does conflict with crouse`s book,no change there then.

BTW I have heard Crouse is in a bad way,and this may have a bearing on his latest book being published.Sad if it is true.

That Miura pic is rather tasty,must have hit a cracking swell to do that.
    I hope that Crouse can recover as soon as possible even if at his age all becomes more difficulty.
    I wait with interest his new book that surely it will place side by side the first one in my library.

My list was your list of the CUVs mono to which I have brought the discovered changes thin to now. But I have forgotten to cancel and to modify the data of the Chesterfield-Missonis.
    Missonis with Colarieti had the first CUV 41' in 1986 and in 1987 up to Porto Cervo. Then they alternated the guide of the two boats of Della Valle,the old 38' and the new 41' with the three engines.
    In the 1988 Missoni raced with an Abbate Primatist of 41.'

14. Collapse Details

Still an updated list.I believe it won't be the last.
    In blue the last changes to help in the search.
    I have removed the row of the Chesterfield 41' for 1988, because it was an Abbate 41.'
    To notice that in 1986 the Chesterfield 41' it didn't have three motors as was written in the preceding list but as it shows in my photo at the VBV of the 1986.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CUV MONO       CORRECTIONS 1.pdf   VBV86Chesterfield1.jpg   VBV86o2.jpg  

15. Collapse Details
    Jaguar The Legend
    The Trussardi of P.Giovio is the one that was Ouragon according to our latest findings Marco.The other Trussardi (painted white No 96) is as you say in your post.

The Goldrush boat is nothing to do with CUV, but is a Don Shead design with construction as per the Alitalia boats which went on to be the model for the CUV boats.

Started life as Toleman Group (1981),then Goldrush (1982/83),then The Legend (1984/85),then Ricard (1987).

When it was Goldrush/The Legend it had 2 x Jaguars = 1500hp
    Built by Saltshaker who left off some vital longitudinal deck stringers under the cockpit,and the deck began to fold before it was modified back as it should have been.
    Here the boat at Viareggio in october 1984 during the Worlds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26a.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Anyone have any pictures of the "full pleasure" rebuild on Trussardi 88?

17. Collapse Details
    # 88
    The # 88 is here in Europe ,in the Netherlands ,the people who bought the boat have converted the propulsion to a twin jet drive with turbodiesels ,so Ive been told ,they use the boat like some sort rescue/pilot vessel .
    I was trying to find pics yesterday ,but didn,t found any.
    The pics Olli took were in the Netherlands too ,same place were the boat has been sitting for several years on its crate,we bought the BPM engines ,and a friend of me bought the # 3 drives and K planes and steering.

Hate to tell this ,but back in 2001 when we bought the engines ,we never looked at that boat ,we were simply not intrested in Alu boats ,we were busy with glasfiber pleasure V hulls and Cats,we do however looked at the bottem and found this very sharp straith edge like sprayrails to be a masterpiece of workmanship,and when we looked inside the hull we started to get dizzy about the amount of reinforcement ribs that were made.
    The owner of the boat had a small marina ,and told us if we didn,t want the boat ,he would probably sell it for scrap metal price ...he just wanted to get rid of that boat , still it didn,t rang any bells back then,like I said we were just not intrested,not even for like $ 2000-2500 or so ...we could have drove away with that boat for that money.
    I have a pic from one of its engines that we are converting to EFI technology instead of K jetronic ,the other pic is from Black tornado and shows how the engines looked when they were in the # 88
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bpm_kl_197.jpg  bpm k jetr conv to EFI technology.jpg   BPMVulcano450T.jpg image from black tornado.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Dude! Sweet!;327327].../Bandit was in Western Canada two years ago...

Finally I have found a pic of that one:

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice!!!!! They are sure amazing big water boats!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

20. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=olli;596080]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    .../Bandit was in Western Canada two years ago...

Finally I have found a pic of that one:

Hello Olli,

Are you saying that the boat was in `Bandit` colours 2 yrs ago.This would cause some confusion to my/Marco`s records where we have the boat as being originally Ali Reza,then Ittios.Inc,Bandit,Harley Davidson,Caliente and finally Bud Dry.
    One of the few CUV monos that ended up in the U.S. and is difficult to track it`s history,being as it did not appear to be a regular competitor.

N.Antonelli/J.Antonelli had Bandit,one of the few times it did appear on a regular basis.