Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Yeah, there you go it needs to come back east.. I have no doubt there are a few of us here that could arrange some good reliable "creative coast to coast shipping methods"

In all seriousness I have no doubt that if somebody east is interested enuff that it couldn't be done again..

Thats allot of boat for the $$ !!!

2. Collapse Details

Any idea what it would cost to get it to Mass? How fast is it as set up now and what work, if any, does it need to be "splashable"?

3. Collapse Details

Wow. It would be 3/4 of the way to the 4corners of the US if it went up there...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dba900 View Post
    Any idea what it would cost to get it to Mass? How fast is it as set up now and what work, if any, does it need to be "splashable"?
    Hey, I don't know how much, but could certainly ask around. I think Barb Nunez charged me around 2,500 to bring my old 24 out here from Lake George NY and I think it cost me around $1,500 to go to TN and back with gas and expenses to pick up my 28.

I had it in the water and running around last Sunday. I don't think it needs anything to be useable, just clean up and cosmetic stuff. I haven't made a lot more progess with the cabin project. Everything was cleaned up, but haven't finished cutting the remaining wood becuase I couldn't decide whether to do the race boat look with bare stringers painted or to put another floor in. Adding that I have no clue how fast it is. I don't have a hand held gps and I've only had it out about 4 times. I'd guess around sixty since it feels similar speedwise to my old big block boat (Bouy's boat) that ran 63 on GPS (as I recall).

Feel free to shoot me a phone call or an email. I'd really like to move the boat so I'm willing to be flexible on price/shipping to help someone out.
    Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 04-02-2010 at 05:58 PM.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

5. Collapse Details

Whacked out the rest of the old cabin floor today. Damn I'm itchy! Basically just needs to be ground flat where the old lip was, mudded up a bit and painted. Or, have a new floor glassed in. It's interesting all the cracking in those photos was the glass work that was put on top of the original glass when the boat was converted to pleasure use. I pulled a bunch of that up, and there's the old school battleship Pantera weave laying underneath. Some of it an interesting orangy color, although I'm not going to make any sort of speculation on that.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I'd mentioned that I'm fighting the battle of the bilge pumps too... I'm sure I've got a pair of dead floating switches but haven't gotten around to change them yet. I also have this weird deal where my two position dash switches light up when I switch them on, but when I complete the circuit, the test light doesn't light and the light on the switches go out. If I switch the switches off and back on they light up again until I complete the curcuit. No power to the back though.

I should disclose that I have a long and checkered history with vehicular electrics dating back to the time I tried to chase a short in the dash of my '69 Triumph GT6+ and found that the ENTIRE harness had been wired with green wire. Not painted, but all green wiring... Ah good old english labor unrest...

Anyhow, I do currently have it rigged up so that I can plug in a couple of blade type connectors from the battery to the power on the pumps and get them to run if I need it, plus I've got a pretty boss hand pump from West Marine...
    Remember this? I used some starbrite mildew stain remover today. Just sprayed it on and hosed it off. this is what I got. Imagine what it would look like if I put any effort into cleaning it!

Reading back through this thread... Some VERY funny stuff in here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1881.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Simple Green just wasn't up to the task when I tried to clean it.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    Simple Green just wasn't up to the task when I tried to clean it.
    Yup. Same here. Even the bleach solution I used in the cabin was a ton of elbow great. That Starbrite stuff was just spray on and hose off. I was blown away.

9. Collapse Details

Bet you wish you had tried it on the cabin...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    Bet you wish you had tried it on the cabin...
    You know it bud!

I'm getting a lot of interest from people wanting to buy the motors (mostly to stick on fishing boats in Mexico, apparently). Problem is I'm too busy to take them off the boat right now and hadn't felt like paying someone to do it. So, here's what i'm going to do. I'm going to drop my price to $7,500 for one week (4/12 - 4/18) for you guys and your buddies to see if I can move the whole boat. That price does not include any shipping or delivery. It's my "zero-pain-in-my-ass" price. If not, then I'm going to go back up to my current ask and follow up on some of these guys who want to buy the motors.

How's that?

11. Collapse Details

You know it bud!

I'm getting a lot of interest from people wanting to buy the motors (mostly to stick on fishing boats in Mexico, apparently). Problem is I'm too busy to take them off the boat right now and hadn't felt like paying someone to do it. So, here's what i'm going to do. I'm going to drop my price to $7,500 for one week (4/12 - 4/18) for you guys and your buddies to see if I can move the whole boat. That price does not include any shipping or delivery. It's my "zero-pain-in-my-ass" price. If not, then I'm going to go back up to my current ask and follow up on some of these guys who want to buy the motors.

How's that?
    The motors, and trailer are worth more than that

12. Collapse Details

I know bud. But seems like nobody's got any money so I thought I'd make it easy for someone to have a reason to step up and buy it. I've got a standing offer for $6,500 for the motors to go to Mexico. I'm sure that they guy will try to fist me down a bit when he shows up, but still that's basically a boat and trailer for $1,500. (Just to clarify, that's if you pay $6k, for the motors and buy it all together this week. If I sell the motors, I'm going to ask more than $1,500 for the boat and trailer.)
    Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 04-12-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: clarification

13. Collapse Details

For $1500 for the hull and trailer I could probably talk brittany into letting me buy it back

14. Collapse Details

She'd kill us both!

15. Collapse Details

Anyone want to make a small wager on whether it sells? I'm a bit of a pessimist, but my gut tells me that the motors will be on their way to mexico this weekend.

16. Collapse Details

You know it bud!

How's that?
    Offer rescinded! Motors are sold and going to Mexico as of 8:30 AM this morning. See the classifieds for new price on fully rigged hull and trailer.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=870

17. Collapse Details

congrats!!

18. Collapse Details

Thanks Tom. More focus on the 28 and the other toys!

19. Collapse Details

Offer rescinded! Motors are sold and going to Mexico as of 8:30 AM this morning. See the classifieds for new price on fully rigged hull and trailer.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=870

¡Enhorabuena en la venta al Sean! de México, ahora terminar el barco y carrera grandes!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb4 View Post
    ¡Enhorabuena en la venta al Sean! de México, ahora terminar el barco y carrera grandes!
    Gracias Miguel! Soy halbo espanol solemente poquito... (I've been told, that I speak like a caveman)