Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I got my mag about a week ago in St. Louis. The pics and printing are probably the best I have seen in a Magazine. Thanks Ned!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Full Throttle View Post
    ban me if you want, but I will save you the trouble as wont be posting here any further...I cant believe some of the disgusting emails I received from people attacking us because their FREE subscription is taking some time to get to them.

Anyway I have said my piece and am done.

Ned
    I agree with MarylandMark:

Ned, the magazine is FANTASTIC! Your generosity, priceless. I am saddened to hear that you're leaving SeriousOffshore. Your photos and coverage of the events you go to will be missed...

3. Collapse Details

Ned - I just wanted to let you know I signed up for your last freebie subscription on the other site and loved it. I remember you having the same problem with delivery then (though I had no trouble). Keep up the good work.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Full Throttle View Post
    Read the post Airpacker I said I got a bunch of disgusting emails, didnt say it yours was one of them. First sentence refers to your $hitty email to me. Your email to me wasnt attacking me was it, then you and I have a difference of opinion. I have had a total of 9 emails from a$$holes here having a shot at me saying where is their magazine, and when I checked ALL of these people were recipients of a FREE subscription. Do I regret giving away freebie subs here - damm right. Will I continue to honour the one year sub for everyone, including these a$$holes who sent the emails, yes I will. Why - because I have my integrity and my word. Will I ever make the same offer again - not in this lifetime. It was a lesson learnt.

And I was actually asked to add the info from the new post onto the exsisting thread so it didnt create another thread dealing with the magazine, I do so. If you and others decide to read something else into that then go ahead. Whatever.

I sent a bunch of you FREE subs to the magazine, I didnt have to, had no requirement to do so, and in turn I take shots across the bow because they are slow getting there, something out of my hands. Well like I said enjoy the freebie subs here because its the last ones that will be offered.

Bye.

Ned
    This is sad. All I can say is that I hope that your self-banishment this time is as short as the last time. But you need to develop the ability to see things from other people's points of view once in a while Ned. When you put yourself in the position that you did, you will get all kinds of feedback. Let's put it this way... magazine and newspaper publishers here in the US have unpublished phone numbers, and learn to take the good with the bad. You created the expectation of delivery in many people's mind. Believe it or not, the delivery problem really IS your problem. You just picked the postal service to serve you in the distribution capacity. If you are going to publish a magazine in NZD, and deliver it to customers in the US.... you need a better system.

Taking your ball and going home negates the great work you have done.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    This is sad. All I can say is that I hope that your self-banishment this time is as short as the last time. But you need to develop the ability to see things from other people's points of view once in a while Ned. When you put yourself in the position that you did, you will get all kinds of feedback. Let's put it this way... magazine and newspaper publishers here in the US have unpublished phone numbers, and learn to take the good with the bad. You created the expectation of delivery in many people's mind. Believe it or not, the delivery problem really IS your problem. You just picked the postal service to serve you in the distribution capacity. If you are going to publish a magazine in NZD, and deliver it to customers in the US.... you need a better system.

I agree Ned.

Shame not to work out the delivery problem for such a great mag.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    I had heard you compared to other unnamed magazine publishers who actually took subscription dollars and never delivered the magazines.

Not exactly "disgusting" or "attacking: was it Ned?

My apologies Ned

Sean.

This is directed at whoever you "heard" that from, but questioning someones' character because you "heard" from some loser, that he's a scammer? Yeah, that's both disgusting AND an attack on Ned no matter how it it was meant.

He GIVES AWAY free subscriptions, and then get's accused of stealing someones subscription money.....? Now, it SHOULD go without saying, but hypothetically, how would he have gotten the subscription money in the first place...if they were free.....? Have whoever told you that brilliant assumption think about that one for awhile...

I guess I will never understand how the hell people can be offered something for free, REALLY for free, and then complain about it. The magazine will get there IF, you put the correct contact info in the PM, AND were one of the initial few that it was offered to, that's it! I'd be willing to bet however, that there were more than a few that managed to screw that simple task up somehow as well. Even if the magazine never shows up for whatever reason, it was FREE to begin with, so no one has the right to complain or insult Ned for a damn thing.

Ned: I'd just laugh, and delete the small percentage of emails from the complainers, and concentrate on the HUGE percentage of people that are both appreciative and amazed at your beautiful magazine! You were giving the subscriptions away anyhow, and since it costs more than $9.99 a year to subscribe, those few complainers were never going to actually pay to subscribe anyway. iggy: You've done your job, screw the ones that can't follow directions.

I hope you have cooled off a little, and continue to post. You and Powerboat are essentially the last full feature magazines left, so keep up the fantastic work!

7. Collapse Details

Ned

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it looks great

Send me a PM with address and i will pay for my subscription for the following year if this would help in some small way

Thanks for the free subscription i look forward to being a LONG haul subscriber

Keep up the good work

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Ned

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it looks great

Send me a PM with address and i will pay for my subscription for the following year if this would help in some small way

Thanks for the free subscription i look forward to being a LONG haul subscriber

Keep up the good work
    I would like to subscribe also Ned, Thanks for the free copy I received a few weeks ago, it is a great Magazine and really looking forward to reading the EDOCK article in your upcoming issues.... Please post your address or paypal for subscription.

Thanks
    Patrick Dolan

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Believe it or not, the delivery problem really IS your problem.
    HAHAHA! you are really a funny guy!

You just picked the postal service to serve you in the distribution capacity. If you are going to publish a magazine in NZD, and deliver it to customers in the US.... you need a better system.
    Tell ya what, Einstein- you start a company to compete with USPS and I'll guarantee you that Ned will use it to mail the mag to US customers.

There isn't enough broccolli on the planet for you.

10. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    There isn't enough broccolli on the planet for you.
    You've got to laugh at that one.

11. Collapse Details

registered
    Seriously, folks, come on. Let's not get our panties in a wad over this one again. You can look at this thread and see that some people got their mags in late June, and some are getting them as recently as a few days ago - that's damn near a month's spread. Our Postal system really is that fvcked up. We've all been there, we've all had sht lost in the mail before, let's not take it out on the mailer. Ned's group mass mailed them and the rest in the hands of our fine USPS. Let's all lighten up...what Ned is doing with his magazine is incredible, the magazine speaks for itself. I love it. I hate to see something great like the mag and Ned's more than generous offer degenerate into something like this. Let's keep it clean and on a positive note.

12. Collapse Details

Let's put it this way... magazine and newspaper publishers here in the US have unpublished phone numbers, and learn to take the good with the bad.

You created the expectation of delivery in many people's mind. Believe it or not, the delivery problem really IS your problem. You just picked the postal service to serve you in the distribution capacity.

If you are going to publish a magazine in NZD, and deliver it to customers in the US.... you need a better system.

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post

Shame not to work out the delivery problem for such a great mag.
    Just FYI to anyone reading that's not up to speed on Ned's experience in the magazine business: This is FAR from his first ballgame in this arena. His method of delivering his product is not up for debate by people like us with zero experience in owning a GROUP of magazines that are circulated worldwide.

2-3 of the other magazines he's owned for years, ship all over the world, including the US, without problems? One of them is in the top 3 for helicopter publications in the world, and the other is a military publication that ships worldwide as well.

I'm sure he uses the same delivery carrier to distribute his other magazines to the US, and has for some time. If there was a problem, he would have switched all of his magazines to a different carrier.

Seeing SO many people with the excuse of, "I'm not very good at these computer things...." after years of reading internet forums, I would not be surprised in the least if some of the addresses were sent to him incorrectly, or after the offer had ran it's course (which was a few WEEKS).

As I've said before, I had a PAID sub that I hadn't received an issue on at all. I told Ned about it, and within an hour I had a text message indicating that he'd just put the 6 issues I hadn't received in the mail, and that my subscription going forward would be taken care of. I received all 6 issues 3 days later, and ANOTHER text asking if I'd gotten them..... Here's the funny part, I hadn't given him a phone number, so he took the time to found out how to get in touch with me on his own. I'd say that's the best service I could ever ask for, especially with me being JUST ONE of thousands of subscribers his company has for all of the magazines.

Getting mad, or publically questioning his ability to run and deliver the product his company has excelled in Worldwide...FOR FREE, is so typical for some of the regular complainers on these boards. The only thing they are excelling at, is running off the people that contribute the most to these boards, just like they did on OSO, BF's, Scream & Fly, etc.

13. Collapse Details

Sorry for the problems Ned, but that's the way keyboard boaters are. I helped everyone buying oil at cost on oso, had a couple people cancel the credit cards AFTER they got the oil...I'll never help them again.

I got my issues and thank you for them...

14. Collapse Details

Ned,

Got my issue a few weeks ago here in CT. Pictures were great, quality of the mag was top notch and the articles were interesting. I even had people that came over to my place (who are not boaters) that picked it up and looked through it and commented on how cool it was!

Really don't see how anyone could be give Ned a hard time. We are talking about a FREE magazine subscription here.

Looking forward to the next issue, especially after having seen some of those shots from the photo shoot over at GLOC.

Thanks,
    Chris

15. Collapse Details

Finally got here today in jersey !!! Thanks and looks great !!!

16. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info BLee- I for one had no idea and pretty cool info. I've seen some of the helo pics/articles but didn't know Ned was the Big Guy in the head office really until my H20 issue arrived.

Ned asked for feedback when every one received their issue and whenever the threads popped up I posted if I didn't and then posted when it arrived (I don't think you were calling me out; just saying in general (get it- general.. LOL- try the veal, I'll be here all week...).

I thought I was helping Ned judge the delivery times and apologize if I came across in anyway as complaining or ungrateful. I've thought about PM'ing Ned to become a paid subscriber while reading and then forgot to PM when I was online (easy for me to do esp when spending money).

Anyway- thanks again Ned and am sorry if I caused any grief and thank you for the subscription and I will be a long time subscriber!

https://www.h2ofullthrottle.com/subscribe.php

Can we send payment this way without you sending another copy of the magazine?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Thanks for the info BLee- I for one had no idea and pretty cool info. I've seen some of the helo pics/articles but didn't know Ned was the Big Guy in the head office really until my H20 issue arrived.

Ned asked for feedback when every one received their issue and whenever the threads popped up I posted if I didn't and then posted when it arrived (I don't think you were calling me out; just saying in general (get it- general.. LOL- try the veal, I'll be here all week...).

I thought I was helping Ned judge the delivery times and apologize if I came across in anyway as complaining or ungrateful. I've thought about PM'ing Ned to become a paid subscriber while reading and then forgot to PM when I was online (easy for me to do esp when spending money).

Anyway- thanks again Ned and am sorry if I caused any grief and thank you for the subscription and I will be a long time subscriber!

https://www.h2ofullthrottle.com/subscribe.php

Can we send payment this way without you sending another copy of the magazine?
    Don't worry at all Mark! I wasn't directing my comments to any one person in particular, just the fact that the ones griping at Ned for something he's giving away for free, are being ridiculous. He asked for only an address, so it's not like anyone had to sacrifice anything to get this magazine.

It's aggravating to see the few people on these boards that assume they know it all at times, try advising someone they know nothing about on how they make their living. The postal service just seems to be taking awhile to get them all delivered, since there are still new posts daily from people receiving their copy. He's done all he can do, and that was a lot. If someone didn't get their copy, it because they didn't follow directions. He sent everyone that correctly forwarded their info to him in a timely manner a free subscription.

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Don't worry at all Mark! I wasn't directing my comments to anyONE in particular, just the fact that the ones griping at Ned for something he's giving away for free, are being ridiculous.

It's aggravating to see the few people on these boards that assume they know it all, and try advising someone they know nothing about on how they make their living. The postal service just seems to be taking awhile to get them all delivered, since there are still new posts daily from people receiving their copy. He's done all he can do, and that was a lot. If someone didn't get their copy, it because they didn't follow directions. He sent everyone that correctly forward their info to him a free subscription.
    I havent been around as long as some of you guys.
    Give me a history lesson.

Have you always been such a supporter of this magazines efforts?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    I havent been around as long as some of you guys.
    Give me a history lesson.

Have you always been such a supporter of this magazines efforts?
    LOL, it's only been out for a couple of years! I'm not trying to be the H20 mascot, just trying to give them a break from the complaints so they don't feel like their efforts are going un-noticed.

I started supporting them after they simply corrected a mistake with my subscription awhile back, by sending all of the missing issues to me by express mail asap. Ned also followed up with me to insure that I had received all of them, and that I was aware my subscription going forward would be taked care of, as well as be "started over". That's ONE subscriber out of thousands, so I noticed. As anyone that's been powerboating for awhile knows, having ANYONE in this business give a chit about you, is a mini victory!

After getting the shaft by some of the other magazines that unfortunately had financial troubles, it was nice to see H20 was doing well, AND cared enough about it's readers likes & dislikes to stay informed through the forums. The only other magazine I remember doing that was Extreme Boats, but unfortunately they weren't able to stay afloat.

Over the last couple of years, we're essentially down to just Powerboat, Performance Boats, & H20 for our magazines that ONLY cover powerboats. Poker Runs America is nice too, but more of a "photo album" (which I like!). I love the forums, but still like the magazines, so hopefully these remaining few will make it. Powerboat has been more like a brochure lately, since advertising money is more scarce, and I am not aware of how Performance Boats is holding up, but I hope it's positive.

Since Ned is the only one of the magazines' that actively posts with regard to what's coming up in the next issue, how the magazine looks to us, giving away free subscriptions, etc, I try to support them in any way I can? They continue to improve the product by finding out what the readers want rather than assuming, and give us the best content possible as a result.

It's no different than supporting Chris & this forum, to help him make it the best he can for all of us to enjoy.

20. Collapse Details

Ned,
    Thanks for my subscription and ALL of the other subscriptions you so unselfishly gave out. Sorry to hear of the emails and complaints about it.. If I had never gotten mine, Id never have said a word about it. It took all of about 14 seconds to send you a PM with an address and a thank you. If it never showed up, I wouldnt feel like I got screwed or taken... Some people, sheesh..

"No good deed goes unpunished"

Hope that this has settled down and you continue to post.

Cale