Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NASBLA: Operation Dry Water
    registered

2. Collapse Details

operation fill the treasury is more like it!
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

Too close to NAMBLA, must be why it seems like such a gay idea.

4. Collapse Details

registered
    I don't smoke or drink while boating!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SmokeDrink.jpeg  

5. Collapse Details

registered
    Disclaimer: That photo was staged for online entertainment purposes. Please don't drink and drive your boat.

6. Collapse Details

registered
    I've got a pic like that...my hat's better!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Disclaimer: That photo was staged for online entertainment purposes. Please don't drink and drive your boat.
    No............drink then drive your boat!!!!

Just kidding.
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

8. Collapse Details

registered
    Ttt. This is the weekend.

9. Collapse Details

They were thick as thieves out on the Maumee last night. Flashing blue lights everywhere, phucking vultures.

10. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    If you're not breaking the law, then you have nothing to worry about.
    ________

11. Collapse Details

i think everyone stayed home today on our local lake, we made sure to get the word out .

12. Collapse Details

I was watching another board out here in AZ, and alot guys were leaving it on the trailer this weekend because of this.
    Not that they were gonna be drunk, but just the hassle of every boat being inspected, and the "fish-heads" searching until they could fine for something.
    Alot of guys canceled hotels, kept there money that they would have been spending on snacks/beverages locally, and not to mention the three meals a day in the local area at restaurants.
    Really, not that smart of a move in the big picture.
    In no way am I condoning drunk boating, but if you make it a hassle to go sober boating...
    But we live in a country that is quickly becoming a Police state.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

13. Collapse Details

Was out all day yesterday and they did not do anything the 2 times I passed the USCG Station in Michigan City Indiana. We went by at 10:30 am and 3:30 p.m with no added patrols.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I was watching another board out here in AZ, and alot guys were leaving it on the trailer this weekend because of this.
    Not that they were gonna be drunk, but just the hassle of every boat being inspected, and the "fish-heads" searching until they could fine for something.
    Alot of guys canceled hotels, kept there money that they would have been spending on snacks/beverages locally, and not to mention the three meals a day in the local area at restaurants.
    Really, not that smart of a move in the big picture.
    In no way am I condoning drunk boating, but if you make it a hassle to go sober boating...
    But we live in a country that is quickly becoming a Police state.
    we have a mayor that spent several million making a new city marina, while at the same time he went nuts on boaters..now he wonders why people dont go down town by boat anymore...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    we have a mayor that spent several million making a new city marina, while at the same time he went nuts on boaters..now he wonders why people dont go down town by boat anymore...
    Forget it. I will spend my boating money elsewhere, and I am waiting for a ticket for parking my boat in the yard. They had better be careful, because now that most of us Toledo taxpayers earn our living in a different city (Or, like you and I.... a different state) people will just move to where they work and stop coming back to Toledo for anything. The amount of law enforcement presence in the west end of Lake Erie on any weekend could do a heck of a job on land, where the real problems are. I think that they should wait foir probable cause, rather than stopping anybody they want for any reason and giving them a shakedown. I am glad that they are out, but they should have to witness stupid behavior, dangerous seamanship, or some other warning sign to stop and board a registered, domestic vessel in this "free" land.

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Forget it. I will spend my boating money elsewhere, and I am waiting for a ticket for parking my boat in the yard. They had better be careful, because now that most of us Toledo taxpayers earn our living in a different city (Or, like you and I.... a different state) people will just move to where they work and stop coming back to Toledo for anything. The amount of law enforcement presence in the west end of Lake Erie on any weekend could do a heck of a job on land, where the real problems are. I think that they should wait foir probable cause, rather than stopping anybody they want for any reason and giving them a shakedown. I am glad that they are out, but they should have to witness stupid behavior, dangerous seamanship, or some other warning sign to stop and board a registered, domestic vessel in this "free" land.
    I am of the opinion that once you are stopped and inspected, if you pass for all safety equipment, you should get a pair of stickers to display on your boat which give you a pass for the rest of the year if there is no probable cause.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I am of the opinion that once you are stopped and inspected, if you pass for all safety equipment, you should get a pair of stickers to display on your boat which give you a pass for the rest of the year if there is no probable cause.
    Most of the time by me they give you a copy of the reciept that used to be yellow, you could flash that if they approached you and they would give ya a wave.

On another note you would not believe the amount of boaters who have no clue about the rules of the water! I met a guy at the beach yesterday that had no clue he was supposed to have a life jacket for everyone aboard the boat! WTF!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Most of the time by me they give you a copy of the reciept that used to be yellow, you could flash that if they approached you and they would give ya a wave.

On another note you would not believe the amount of boaters who have no clue about the rules of the water! I met a guy at the beach yesterday that had no clue he was supposed to have a life jacket for everyone aboard the boat! WTF!!!!!!
    I know what you mean.

But if there was a sticker/pass program. It would give them the opportunity to inspect all instead of the same ones over and over by different patrol boats...
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Years ago, it seemed that they only wanted to make sure that people went out in a coast guard "ready" vessel... for everyone's protection. If they felt that you had done your homework, so to speak... they were satisfied.

Now... it seems that they target boats that may provide revenue.

I have been around cruiser boaters, and offshore boaters. I can tell you that the cruiser boaters, who feel quite safe in their floating living room are way more likely to be drinking and boating than offshore boaters. I have been on cruisers where the primary goal was keeping the skipper's drink topped off. I have seen fridges near the helm. I have never seen an offshore boat with a beer on deck while underway. I know that it happens, but compared to the rest of the skippers, I think that offshore boaters are much more concerned with the safety of their passengers and vessel. Things happen fast at 70mph+. And the folks that I have been around take that very seriously. Not casual and careless. Deadly serious and focused.
    I was on a run yesterday, and I can tell you.... the "party" didn't start until boats were docked for the day.

20. Collapse Details

Oh... and dam straight we were wearing jackets. Some the best that you can buy. None of the cruiser passengers that I saw were wearing pfds, including small children with the cruiser crowd on the dock before we left.