Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Look like the consensus is to drop it and learn from it, even though she was wrong to begin with. It's just like in sports, the ref never catches the foul, he sees the retaliation.
    He started with "we all have our stupid days". Seems he knew he screwed up.

I still would not drop and pay the ticket without talking with a good attorney. Too many repercusions after the fact I think.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    ...or ending up dead.

I had a friend who got out of the car to confront a guy over a road rage incident years ago. He thought he was a bad-ass up until the point he got beaten within an inch of his life with a tire iron. He never saw it coming.
    A big bada$$ doesn't worry me that much. A small, scared guy with a weapon can be very dangerous.

Paul makes a good point on trying to deal those down. The attorney will probably cost you less than the years of insurance increases. They may drop from your record after a few years, but insurance companies have "long memories" and they share information.

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    If your state is a No-Fault state, little chance your insurance won't pay once she calls it in. Your ins co will want to hear your side but it won't do much.

Depending on your ins co and your history with them, you might not see any increase (or typically, "loss of discounts"). State Farm gave me a freebie.

I firmly believe in fighting all tickets. Get a lawyer that will work the system. Make sure you understand that worse case, you will have to pay more in fines than the tickets.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ROGUE View Post
    Never tell the truth
    Must be a Liar i mean a Lawyer

this attitude is the reason lawyers are making so much money

5. Collapse Details

My wife rear ended someone by accident (really ). She told the officer that she sneezed . The Cop bought it and she wasn't charged with anything .
    Try it if there is a next time .

Paul

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    My wife rear ended someone by accident (really ). She told the officer that she sneezed . The Cop bought it and she wasn't charged with anything .
    Try it if there is a next time .

Paul
    Or, I farted & my eyes started burning, could not C!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Pay the tickets and move on...and try to have a cooler head next time. You were 100% in the wrong here regardless of her actions.
    No! I was 50% wrong and it seems my insurance company agrees. They are not going to pay for her damages. I have less than 50% doubt she hit me intentionally. I was braking for 113 feet and she only 27! The impact was at 2 MPH or less.I refuse to pay the tickets. I have a meeting with a lawyer Thursday. I will pay the tickets if she is issued the same + running a stop sign as well!

I would love to see your reaction if this happened to you. You are turning left and a person runs the stop sign without slowing down...25 yards or so down the road slams on the brakes trying to make you hit them....100 yards later driving 20 or so MPH does the same again....and you try to pass and it turns into a race!

I am sorry... I accept 50% responsibility...but not 100%!

If you disagree drive on down and let me do the same to you!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    If you told the entire truth to the officer as posted here.

Get an attorney to bargain the tickets down, you do not want those on your record that way.

If your insurance doesn't drop you or raise your rates majorly, you'll be lucky.

If she gets a new car, so be it. Hopefully she will not have hidden injuries resulting from the wreck after the fact you will have to deal with.

And never forget, it's kinda like if a perps running away from a cop, doesn't matter what the lead in was. If no ones life is in danger, you're the one who will get screwed.

I agree 100% and that is exactly what I am doing. My insurance co. agrees with my stance and if the agrassive driving charges are abated it will not effect my rates.

Yes..i will turn the other cheek next time. No smiley for pulling your hair out!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm only surprised that you weren't arrested. I think I'd calm down and pay the tickets. Going before a judge and telling this same story isn't going to get you very far.

They're taking road rage alot more seriously these days. Get out of your car and move aggressively towards someone and you have a good chance of spending the night behind bars.
    LOL! Maybe I should have gotten out of the car. I think that B would have been on me like stink on sh*t.That's why I stayed in the truck until the cops came. Looks like she will get her come uppins!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    Don't waste your time, you will lose.

You are a pefect example of road rage (and so was the idiot that hit you) and why people need to ignore you instead of feeding you. I got caught up in it once years and years ago. Never again.

I hope you learned your lesson. Both of you idiots could have killed someone because I know first hand, you are paying no attention to anything or anyone else around you when the two of you are stomping on your brakes and flying by each other.
    I agree with you 100% about ignoring and I have learned a lesson. I disagree about the killing etc as it was a rural setting and unfortunately for me as there are no witnesses.

I drove a semi for years and have millions of safe miles under my belt. I must say I have never seen someone as crazy as this B. I am more than 50% certain she hit me intentionally.

I want to add...how many times can I slap you in the face before you slap me back? She slapped me 4 times! 1st ran a stop sign with me 1/2 way through the intersection(didn't even offer to stop and if I hadn't been watching I would have broadsided her)...2nd proceeded 25yards at a low rate of speed and slammed on the brakes...3rd another 100 yards @ 25 Mph and slammed on the brakes again...4th I go to pass and when I am next to her she punches it trying to stop me from passing....Yeah Yeah... I KNOW! BTW the speed limit was 45 and that's what the evidence shows my highest speed to be.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    He started with "we all have our stupid days". Seems he knew he screwed up.

I still would not drop and pay the ticket without talking with a good attorney. Too many repercusions after the fact I think.
    Double Yeap and what both of the attorneys I talked to today said. I definately know I screwed up.

12. Collapse Details

Positive note! I'm going to the lake tommorow to unwind and try some new props on my Sunsation! This deal has had me in the dumps. Made me really stop and think. As advised by the state trooper my cell phone is gonna get a lot more use in the future.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Must be a Liar i mean a Lawyer

this attitude is the reason lawyers are making so much money
    Lawyer here. Say nothing or else tell the truth - never lie.

Fight it tooth and nail. She tried to make you hit her and you eventually took the bait. Doesn't change what she was trying to do - cause an accident. You are at fault, but so was she. Get photos of her earlier skid marks. Fight it aggressively, and you may cut her recovery down. Roll over, and you are fresh meat since you admitted what happenned. With a little luck, she has a history of these and you will zero her - possibly get her jail time. If not, you will be a witness at her next trial when she does it again. A good insurance adjuster will back you as far as he/she can.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pachanga View Post
    I would love to see your reaction if this happened to you.
    My reaction would be to pull over before it escalates - go buy an Icee and think about all the losers that have to commit fraud to make a living.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
    But make allowance for their doubting too,
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise.
    I think I get the award for first on SOS to quote Rudyard Kipling. Please have a moderator verify this.:coolgleamA:

16. Collapse Details

No! I was 50% wrong and it seems my insurance company agrees. They are not going to pay for her damages. I have less than 50% doubt she hit me intentionally. I was braking for 113 feet and she only 27! The impact was at 2 MPH or less.I refuse to pay the tickets. I have a meeting with a lawyer Thursday. I will pay the tickets if she is issued the same + running a stop sign as well!

I would love to see your reaction if this happened to you. You are turning left and a person runs the stop sign without slowing down...25 yards or so down the road slams on the brakes trying to make you hit them....100 yards later driving 20 or so MPH does the same again....and you try to pass and it turns into a race!

I am sorry... I accept 50% responsibility...but not 100%!

If you disagree drive on down and let me do the same to you!
    Following is your description up until the point she hit you:

"Day proceeding as normal. Drive up to a 4 way stop in my F-250. Half way thru the intersection and this B strolls right on through the stop turning right in front of me and makes me hit the brakes....then...of course I am close she slams on the brakes trying to make me hit her. Another 100 yards and she is crawling she does it again! I recover and go to pass and she nails it. I Passed her and being a bit ****ed I slammed on the brakes. The ditzy BTCH hits me."

You passed her at high speeds, pulled in front of her, and slammed on the brakes. Point out to me where had you not done this she still would have hit you? I'm not going to argue with stupidity...

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Following is your description up until the point she hit you:

"Day proceeding as normal. Drive up to a 4 way stop in my F-250. Half way thru the intersection and this B strolls right on through the stop turning right in front of me and makes me hit the brakes....then...of course I am close she slams on the brakes trying to make me hit her. Another 100 yards and she is crawling she does it again! I recover and go to pass and she nails it. I Passed her and being a bit ****ed I slammed on the brakes. The ditzy BTCH hits me."

You passed her at high speeds, pulled in front of her, and slammed on the brakes. Point out to me where had you not done this she still would have hit you? I'm not going to argue with stupidity...
    LOL I am not saying I wasn't stupid. I am only human ya know.

What's the old saying? What's good for the goose is good for the gander...or in theis case what's good for the gander is good for the goose.

And yes...I should have turned the other cheek.

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    LOL I am not saying I wasn't stupid. I am only human ya know.

What's the old saying? What's good for the goose is good for the gander...or in theis case what's good for the gander is good for the goose.

And yes...I should have turned the other cheek.
    If you were that ****ed off, you could have pulled over, got her license number, called 911, and sworn out a personal report to the cop who came and took pics. And, I believe you still could.

But that's hindsight, just get this one fixed.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    And I would have told the cop nothing except "I thought I saw a cat run out in front of me".

20. Collapse Details

Hey bud......you'll find this (these) places are full of macho, big block, supercharged, big azz truck driving, open pipe, upstanding citizen powerboat types (huh?)...... who of course will always do the right well thought out judicious thing in the heat of the moment (yeah ok)

I for one am glad things are looking like they're going your way.....go get that leech of a effing' b itch!!!!

and the biggest one of the above mentioned types there EVER!!! was, was a cop who's now doing time for diddling his 14 yr old babysitter.