Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by whaler View Post
    Phil, all I know is I watched Needle Nose Racing videos day in and day out in our house. I loved watching them over and over and over. Not only the local stuff but also all the ocean boats. and as I got older, all my friends would come over and we would watch them again and again. It was a different sport back then, and because of you alot of people got to see what it was really all about.
    Back around 1975 our club [L.S.C.O.R.A.] here on Lake St Clair made a local race film. Your Dad [Dan] even showed parts of it on a local TV station back then. For many years I have tried to find who had it, with no luck. I did find a few old local races on Beta tapes, now we need to recopy them to DVD before they are lost forever. I do have a copy, of a copy, of some other early races but like Phil said they have not held up well with time. Here are a few pic's I have made from those race films.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sam G.jpg   Sam G 2.jpg   Sam G 3.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Here are a few more pic's of Copper Kettle from a early Ohio race,, before and after a test session.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ohio 1.png   ohio 4.jpg   ohio  5.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by whaler View Post
    Phil, all I know is I watched Needle Nose Racing videos day in and day out in our house. I loved watching them over and over and over. Not only the local stuff but also all the ocean boats. and as I got older, all my friends would come over and we would watch them again and again. It was a different sport back then, and because of you alot of people got to see what it was really all about.
    Thank you - you make my day here !

Phil

4. Collapse Details

I have a few from back in the day.

Great stuff.........Thanks Phil!

5. Collapse Details

Hey Steve -

Your welcome - lots of fun making those films too - and thanks for you and others that bought them back then - Its with your and others support that we were successful for so many years -

Hi to Meta and all the family -

Phil