1. Collapse Details
    Boat Question/Opinion
    Got a buddy looking at a 97 Wellcraft 240 CCF - http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/1063960751.html

Anyone had one or have any knowledge on it?

My family has a 1976 Wellcraft V-20 and though it looks like crap it has been a solid boat despite decades of abuse and neglect.

Any commentary on the quality of Wellcrafts during the late 90's time frame??

2. Collapse Details

Looks clean for its age. It is 13 years old though, so a survey will tell you a lot more then just a couple pics!

3. Collapse Details

A good friend has a few year old (maybe 2005?) Sportsman with a single outboard that he just loves. I've been out in the bay several times with him and it seems like a solid boat.

Unless that's a 4 stroke outboard, I think price may be a little high...my 2 cents....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    A good friend has a few year old (maybe 2005?) Sportsman with a single outboard that he just loves. I've been out in the bay several times with him and it seems like a solid boat.

Unless that's a 4 stroke outboard, I think price may be a little high...my 2 cents....
    If he likes the boat he's going to talk him down..... It's a two stroke I believe (99.9%).

5. Collapse Details

I think is price is way to high. Saw a mid 90s 24' GradyWhite with a newer 200 HPDI for about the same coin in the Baltimore area, I think.

Not sure I would compare the old, heavy 20s to a newer fishboat. There are some better deals out there either for the same boat, or the same price.

6. Collapse Details

Anyone know of a good forum to go to that would have some info on this type of boat?