Page 528 of 542 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 538 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 10838
  1. Collapse Details

If I am running the boat by 6/19 I will be ecstatic. I am hesitant to register for any runs before it is done, but if I am doing shakedowns by then I will do a fly by.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
    too funny, well you did get 3 out of 4
    There are 5 check off there, maybe I should put a double check on blonde
    Run until it sounds expensive

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    There are 5 check off there, maybe I should put a double check on blonde

when I made my response I could have said 4 out of five if I had counted correctly, but as of 8 PM last night I lost Kirby. It was awful we headed out for a walk around 6 and my girlfriend two doors away had just left with her Weimeriner, so we walked together like we have done dozens of times. On the way back, as we passed our houses we decide to continue on but then she spotted a ladder at her mother's house which is next door to her's. Her mom has Parkinson's and Deb said, I told her not to climb the ladder (she had some clogged gutters) so we go in the front yard to see what she is doing, I climb the ladder and look in the gutter, Kirby is on his leash at the foot of the ladder, Deb has her dog by her leash, just as I am coming down the ladder Kirby decided to get a feisty and nippy with her dog around its hind quarters, the Weim turns around and get's into it with Kirby, we pull them apart and then discover a ton of blood coming from Kirby's neck, Deb rushes and gets her keys and we drive 25 min. to the ER Vet, they take Kirby right in and get him on IV's, then the vet comes out and says the lacerations were so bad and arteries, lympnodes and veins were severed and he did not think there was a good chance of recovery, so I had him put to sleep. Not only am I extremely torn up from losing him so suddenly, I feel so freaking guilty because I should have known better, he is to feisty to be around larger dogs and I just didn't protect him. My girlfriend also feels awful, it's so sad when it could have been avoidable if only I was more careful. I guess since they have known each other since I had Kirby I felt a little safer but I should have protected him. Ian and I are really going to miss him, he was always in the middle of us, on the couch, in bed, on a walk, even if we hugged when standing up, he could sense it and wherever he was in the house would be there in second jumping up and barking, like he was saying pick me up, I want in on this, hug me to. we always picked him up

4. Collapse Details

I am so sorry Donna. What a huge loss and a terrible day. You were doing something good, looking out for Deb's mom. You couldn't have known this would happen. Please don't blame yourself.

Kirby was an awesome dog. I am very sorry for your loss.

A 3 pound dog has brought a tear to the eye of a 250 pound man.

I know how much you guys are going to miss him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GEDC1475.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    yep that's Kirby, always in the middle.

Thanks John I appreciate the kind words

6. Collapse Details

No problem Donna. Be gentle with yourself these days... he wasn't "just a dog."

I talked to Jann. She was shocked to hear about you and Ian's loss and sends her love.

7. Collapse Details

when I made my response I could have said 4 out of five if I had counted correctly, but as of 8 PM last night I lost Kirby. It was awful we headed out for a walk around 6 and my girlfriend two doors away had just left with her Weimeriner, so we walked together like we have done dozens of times. On the way back, as we passed our houses we decide to continue on but then she spotted a ladder at her mother's house which is next door to her's. Her mom has Parkinson's and Deb said, I told her not to climb the ladder (she had some clogged gutters) so we go in the front yard to see what she is doing, I climb the ladder and look in the gutter, Kirby is on his leash at the foot of the ladder, Deb has her dog by her leash, just as I am coming down the ladder Kirby decided to get a feisty and nippy with her dog around its hind quarters, the Weim turns around and get's into it with Kirby, we pull them apart and then discover a ton of blood coming from Kirby's neck, Deb rushes and gets her keys and we drive 25 min. to the ER Vet, they take Kirby right in and get him on IV's, then the vet comes out and says the lacerations were so bad and arteries, lympnodes and veins were severed and he did not think there was a good chance of recovery, so I had him put to sleep. Not only am I extremely torn up from losing him so suddenly, I feel so freaking guilty because I should have known better, he is to feisty to be around larger dogs and I just didn't protect him. My girlfriend also feels awful, it's so sad when it could have been avoidable if only I was more careful. I guess since they have known each other since I had Kirby I felt a little safer but I should have protected him. Ian and I are really going to miss him, he was always in the middle of us, on the couch, in bed, on a walk, even if we hugged when standing up, he could sense it and wherever he was in the house would be there in second jumping up and barking, like he was saying pick me up, I want in on this, hug me to. we always picked him up

Donna, I am truly saddened to hear about Kirby. I know you loved him so very, very much! My heart aches for both you and Ian.

Please, do not be too hard on yourself. You gave Kirby one hell of a life sweetie.

I am so, so sorry.
    Queen of Bammin'

8. Collapse Details

OMG Donna, I just saw the news on Kirby. I can't imagine what your going through, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Ian. RIP Kirby

9. Collapse Details

so sorry to here this Donna & Ian!! from 1 pooch lover 2 another!!

10. Collapse Details

Donna and Ian, I am truely sorry to hear the news. I know Kirby was a part of the family and will be deeply missed. <Hugz>
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

11. Collapse Details

Its 96 degrees and the a/c has been running for 16 minutes every 12 minutes.... just saying.. Saw the pitures from the Mi. races last weekend. They looked pretty cool. Some great pix..
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Apache View Post
    Its 96 degrees and the a/c has been running for 16 minutes every 12 minutes.... just saying.. Saw the pitures from the Mi. races last weekend. They looked pretty cool. Some great pix..
    Well it's been 108 and 107 the last two days here in Oklahoma city and the air condition on the rv's never shut off

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well it's been 108 and 107 the last two days here in Oklahoma city and the air condition on the rv's never shut off
    What the heck are you doing in Oklahoma City??????

Horses?????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    What the heck are you doing in Oklahoma City??????

Horses?????
    Yep horses, my daughter competed at the World Championship

And to show that it was hot, look at this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0848.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep horses, my daughter competed at the World Championship

And to show that it was hot, look at this
    How'd you keep the horses cool??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    How'd you keep the horses cool??????

Port a cool fans, out door air conditioning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0806.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Wow! Glad the horses have some comfort, too. Hope your ladies did well! Our burnt out grass is looking better. Fund took Britt a longer hose, and it reaches the entire yard. I've been watering.. Now if we can get the 21yr old to water on a regular basis.....

18. Collapse Details

Hey Jan, actually the show was the AQHA Youth World Championship Show, so only my daughter showed. She did good, looked like she belonged out there but no top 10's. She has 2 more year left to show, but she made dad proud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0793.jpg   IMG_0853.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Brooks, Worlds! thats great! Congrats. Make any 'Burnt Chicken' this summer??? Also, Nicce ride!!

Here is my oldest brother Mike having a great day.....He lives in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Where are the security guards???? They aren't safe w/him!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Actually had burned chicken on the grill last night, gotta love the smell of incinerated chicken