Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone into or have the old "Chris Craft" style wood boats?
    Found out today a good friend picked up a 20' (ish) 60's Chris Craft that needs to be restored. things got so much potential. I've always thought, if I ever sold the cig I'd definately buy one of those old teak/varnished wood boats like the Chris Crafts. I've always loved them and thought they were the original performance boats.

anyone have one. Anyone have pics?
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

2. Collapse Details

No pics, but there is one a few houses from me that sits in the water at a dock all season. Beautiful boat. Sounds pretty good too. There's also a 26'? wooden cruiser "WoodWorking" nearby. That is just about the most used boat around here. Uses it for fishing, sunsets, dinner cruises, etc daily. Also absolutely stunning.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I would like to re do an old Mahogany outboard boat one day. I too think they are cool.. A lot of work thought. A friend of mine had one we used to run around in back in the '70s.

4. Collapse Details

Next time I'm at my buddies shop, I'll snap a couple of pics. Beat up, but everything is there (all original hardware and motor).
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

5. Collapse Details

I have a 1949 20' Shepard. It was repowered in 1972 with a 455 Olds.
    Owner of the official SERIOUS OFFSHORE party boat

6. Collapse Details

my brother has a bunch of antique boat models from old Chris Crafts, cruisers, even a 5' long supertanker
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

7. Collapse Details

I have an old 50's Crist Craft 18 footer. Needs alot of work but I will get it done someday. I got it from my grandmother who has since passed. No plans to ever get rid of it... I plan on restoring it someday soon. Spoke with an older gentleman at the Cleveland show who had a very similar CC. They are as much a piece of art as they are a boat.
    Last edited by RollWithIt; 01-22-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Added info

8. Collapse Details

Anyone happen to catch the article in Powerboat mag a couple issues back on John Ellways 36' "Stan Craft"? thing is SICK! Twin Ilmors, killer little walk through cabin. Insane craftmanship. It was a great article.

here's a link to some pics of the boat throug the company website. Paruse the website under styles. Stan craft is building some sweet boats. I assume, not cheap!

http://www.stancraftboats.com/owner_elway.html

9. Collapse Details

Study West System..

Study it well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-519F.JPG   MVC-518F.JPG  

10. Collapse Details

We have a 195? (Dad knows, need to ask) Christ Craft 20 ( i think, sorry) The boat has been up at Paul Jordans being restored. Still has the boat race carved in the dash
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat
    1998 Kryptonite 27 Raceboat #517 Saris Racing Engines

11. Collapse Details

google Hackercraft the owner is a member here, they have some really cool stuff. I would own one in a minute to run the rivers around here.

12. Collapse Details

My Dad had old Century's spent alot of my summers working on them. I also have had a few crusers. My last one was a 1967 36ft Chris Craft Challenger W/twin 300hp 327s w/ velvet drives and a 6.5 kw onan gen set 4cyl flat head. Great boat and had more fun than I should have on it. If you are serious about this think long and hard about it 1st you know what its like restoreing a newer fiber glass boat, believe me its no easier in wood and when its done the day to day maint and up keep just doesn't end. Also its great fun trying to find parts that are made of complete UNUBTAINEUM. They are beautiful works of art built with long lost craftsmenship, But I know I will never do one again. Good luck.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Anyone happen to catch the article in Powerboat mag a couple issues back on John Ellways 36' "Stan Craft"? thing is SICK! Twin Ilmors, killer little walk through cabin. Insane craftmanship. It was a great article.

I love the 26' fastback model!

14. Collapse Details

I love the wooden classics. I even tried it once. Too much work- made offshores seem maintenace-free.

But I'd still love to own an old, vintage Riva. If nothing else, just to look at it.

15. Collapse Details

I love those ol'e woodys also. One day I will sure to get one.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

here's a link to some pics of the boat throug the company website. Paruse the website under styles. Stan craft is building some sweet boats. I assume, not cheap!

I saw that and agree that it is over the top. They ruined the lines of that nice long deck by cutting a hole in it and filling it with seats.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    google Hackercraft the owner is a member here, they have some really cool stuff. I would own one in a minute to run the rivers around here.
    If He's a member He needs to start a thread and get busy posting pictures and give some history of the company.

Roger

18. Collapse Details

32' pacemaker, it is a pain but the twin 350 crusaders sound mean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boatsell 006.JPG   boatsell 005.JPG   boatsell 008.jpg  

Parabellum FJ²B

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I love the wooden classics. I even tried it once. Too much work- made offshores seem maintenace-free.

But I'd still love to own an old, vintage Riva. If nothing else, just to look at it.
    Agreed......Very well put! You just have no idea until you try.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    32' pacemaker, it is a pain but the twin 350 crusaders sound mean
    Cool old boat!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh