Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Thanks Greg, doing OK. Just a little slower araound the shop than we would like. Got plenty of projects though.

Yourself? We should probably do this over the phone !

2. Collapse Details

damn this stuff is happening all over

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mbam View Post
    Just a little slower araound the shop than we would like.
    If it's any consolation, I've been buying some misc. parts from ya the past month or two... Actually have an order that was going to be shipped yesterday/today!

I know what you mean about slow.... Can someone throw a man a bone for pete's sake!

The messiah takes office today so business should pick up tomorrow, right!?!?!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo36 View Post
    the messiah takes office today so business should pick up tomorrow, right!?!?!

5. Collapse Details

Fact: He was in jail the week before the Ft. Lauderdale boat show for alleged fraud in the sale of a large MotorCoach.

Fact: He also owed a good friend of mine a large sum of money in a boat sale/transaction that took place last summer. The ordeal never made it to the board as a little strong arming took place in order to recoup funds.

This one is FAR from over.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    Fact: He was in jail the week before the Ft. Lauderdale boat show for alleged fraud in the sale of a large MotorCoach.

Fact: He also owed a good friend of mine a large sum of money in a boat sale/transaction that took place last summer. The ordeal never made it to the board as a little strong arming took place in order to recoup funds.

This one is FAR from over.
    To be honest, it does suprise me that such transgressions occur, given some of the people in the sport and it's history and people have not "dissappeared" and that bones have not been broken.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    The ordeal never made it to the board as a little strong arming took place in order to recoup funds.
    Sweet- the good ol' days!

8. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

Errrrrr, wrong..

We just won't have to pay our bills anymore

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Think it was the Sunseeker distributorship he made bank on........ Sunseeker is across the street next to MarineMax.
    I heard that to.

Can you believe he argued with my salesman, in front of my brother and I for 10 minutes about who was going to pay for the gas in the Powerplay for the water test. Made us uncomfortable and him look like an idiot.

11. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
    After my experience in Georgia and with National I think I will justhold my cards and read about this.

Sad all around.
    Hey Greg, I'm just curious...did you actually lose $$$ on the National TopGun or just have to give it back? I know that you got screwed on the Georgia fountain, but I'm wondering about the TG. With the market being the way it is today, it may have been a blessing !!!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    Errrrrr, wrong..
    We just won't have to pay our bills anymore
    Personally, I'd rather pay them but who knows right...

Market dropped 300+ points today and I got notice from two clients, one reducing pay rates by 20%, the other by 12.5%...

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Hey Greg, I'm just curious...did you actually lose $$$ on the National TopGun or just have to give it back?
    I lost about $25k on the National deal. Out about $105k plus expenses on 2 deals in that 18 months.

On the other hand, I'd be WAAAYYYY upside down in that straight-bottom now. But I woulda been boating the last 4 years.
    Treat every situation like a dog, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

14. Collapse Details

registered
    That sucks. Sorry to rub salt in the wound, but I was just wondering. Next time that I see you, I'll buy you a beer....then kick you in the nuts!

15. Collapse Details

I got called several times today by people that wondered if I had bought from Hideaway this year.

I like Pierre. I have different ideas on what may have happened but I will watch from the sidelines.

I also feel for Culpepper. Heart attack last week, now this.
    Treat every situation like a dog, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
    I got called several times today by people that wondered if I had bought from Hideaway this year.

I like Pierre. I have different ideas on what may have happened but I will watch from the sidelines.

I also feel for Culpepper. Heart attack last week, now this.
    They have always been cool to me even though I never bought a boat there, have done tons of service/warranty work with Joe P and have always been treated great.

Culpepper has been through this before with National so he has already ridden the roller coaster. Sorry to hear about his heart attack, not fun.

17. Collapse Details

Just to set the record straigt to all. I worked for Pierre when he was located in the old Marine One ib Deerfeild Bch. in the early 90's. he the bought the Marina where he is today with his father Andre and Laurent Boudwin , the CEO of SEA-Doo and builder of Sunseeker yachts After a few months later I joined the team at the new marine then. pierre had plulled some shady dealings selling boats to the french canandians and not charging taxes on the boats. Well IRS caught up with him then. Then insurance fraud cases. After that I was gone.Worked ther for almost three years. Didn't see much of Perre after that.Saw him once in Fort lauderdale two years ago then the last time was in KEYWEST during the Poker Run/ Boat Races. Talked to a little bit and even then he did'nt look to healthy but never asked what was going on in his life. As for the Marine Max building. the 3 ( pierre, Andre, Laurent ) bought the old old Chris Craft Test Center. Then from there he turned it into a work of art.Years later he (Pierre) got into trouble with SunSeeker from England and lost rights to sell SunSeeker Yachts. I think that was the start of all his problems and has been down hill since then. But the last thing that would have entered my mind was him pulling the stunts that has him in hot water now. I hpe he has learn a leson in screwing people. But remember on thing : WHAT GOES AROUND , COMES AROUND and bites you in the azz everytime

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Does anybody know about the 43 Nortech the bank is looking for?

19. Collapse Details

I know of two other cases envolved with Hideaway that havnt even been brought up yet.....not too good.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rbr2328 View Post
    Does anybody know about the 43 Nortech the bank is looking for?
    http://hideawaymarina.com/listman/listings/l0015.shtml

This 43V was taken on trade for a Sunsation F4. It is probably the boat that the bank is holding paper on. It was at the dealership last week and has been there for atleast 18 months.