1. Collapse Details
    Concrete (cost) help
    Trying to get an idea on concrete cost.
    1. Patio, 1220 sq ft @ 4" thick, mat (stone) finish and stained ,includes grading, gravel base forming.
    2. Balcony 270 sq ft @ 5" thick, mat (stone) finish and stained poured over steel decking (no forming required)
    3. Raised terrace, 600 sq ft @ 6.5" thick, mat (stone) finish and stained poured over steel decking (no forming required)
    4. parking area 1080 sq ft @ 4" with wire mesh and light broom finish, includes grading, gravel and forming and a 3" curb 40' long.
    The balcony and terrace requires a pump truck. Have a price of $17,200 for all. Roughly 40 yards total. The contractor comes well reccomended and I've seen some of his work.
    Does that sound like a fair (reasonable) price?

I've had a tough time finding someone interested in doing the work (that I trust to do the work). I think the raised terrace scares them. This guy has experience doing them.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

(I posted on that other site too but I knew the real "talent" was over here)
    Wicked

2. Collapse Details

Send Rebarbox a PM here on SOS. That's what he does for a living. He will be able to give you an idea of the numbers in our area.

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

3. Collapse Details

$5.42 per SF - seems fair (without knowing your concrete and labor prices for your area). Hell, I charge $2.00+ a SF to just stain.

Get references and lien releases from concrete company and pumper service. Write joint checks if you have to. Contractors are failing right and left right now.

Chad

4. Collapse Details

Not knowing what labor prices are in your neck of the woods. I think it is a fair price for sure. I typically wouldn't do it for that cheap.
    Chad

5. Collapse Details

Sounds like alot of work for a dayum good price , around here this summers prices were $ 9.75 sq ft ,and readymix will have 2 more increases before spring

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Contractor has his own pumper and is supplying the concrete. He said he was basically throwing in the mat finish stamping and only charging for one trip with the pumper. I really didn't want to go with a stamped finish 'cause of cost but I like the stone texture from the mat and he would include it.

Thanks for the feedback!!
    Wicked

7. Collapse Details

For this area that's seems like a more than fair price. I have my Class A Builder's and have used concrete guys for custom work like that before.

My advice for anyone doing a large project like this is make sure your contract has clauses to protect you and DO NOT pay too much up front. Make sure he is bonded and insured and provides you a copy of his insurance. Make sure he signs lien waivers as you pay him in phases. Also make sure there is a performance clause so he gets it done in a timely fashion and a clause to provide clean-up and restoration as necessary.

You may also want a clause to provide for rework in case cracks develop within a certain amount of time (the contractor may not agree to that, but it can't hurt to try).

For that size job, I also believe the contractor must possess at least a Class B building liscense in VA, and he should have no problem giving you a copy of that as well.

Hope this all helps.

8. Collapse Details

Sounds good to me.

Don't let him pour too much at one time and use at least 3,500 lb. crete. 4,000 lb. would be better. How about mesh and "tied" rebar?

9. Collapse Details

if you were to call me, this would be the price of the concrete and pump(with in reasonable distance then we charge zoning). not sure what contractors are charging in the area but i can find out.

3500psi=concrete,freight,hot water,tax=109.95 per yard

4000psi=concrete,freight,hot water,tax=112.07 per yard

32 meter pump= 130.00 per hr + 2.25 per yard pumped
    36 meter same as 32 price
    38 meter 145 per hr + 2.25 per yard pumped

fiber mesh=6.00 per yard

10. Collapse Details

Damn, concrete is high in your neck of the woods. I can get 4000 psi mix for $70/yd with out winter service. Anyone off the street can get it around here for $80-90/ yd depending on the company.

11. Collapse Details

I thought it was around $100 per yard and about $86 per yard for labor.

Just found out I need to have my new garge floor ripped out and redone. The guy that did mine has my floor flowing away from the drain. Going to have somebody else do it next time. Don't trust this guy!

12. Collapse Details

I thought it was around $100 per yard and about $86 per yard for labor

13. Collapse Details

I don't ever price labor by the yard. Sq Ft is more useful since it isn't really any tougher to finish an 8" slab over a 4" slab.