1. Collapse Details
    Classic Trailers, Inc. Sandusky, OH - Where are they now?
    I need to locate the VIN number on my 1994 boat trailer manufactured by Classic Trailers, Inc. in Sandusky, OH. Any idea where to look on the trailer for a VIN number?

The trailer was repainted and I can't find the VIN no. anywhere and the phone no. I have for them is disconnected. I need to be able to show it at the DMV to register the trailer. Any information would be much appreciated.

- Jeff

2. Collapse Details

I live near there, so was curious. Many marine businesses left the area in the last few years. I did find this one state up, I guess it is not impossible that they moved:

Classic Trailers, Inc.
    Address: 21900 U.S. 12
    Sturgis, MI 49091 US - map it
    Phone: 269-651-9319/800-826-1960
    Fax: 269-651-2921
    E-mail: Contact Classic Trailers, Inc.

Some states will register it as a "homemade." Ohio did for me about 10 years ago when I had the same situation with a trailer for my 21' But, since I didn't have the weight on any paperwork (had no title) I had to go get it weighed and then they issued a registration. Ohio is a no-title trailer state. (Not sure where you are.) Other than that, I have seen a lot of serial numbers on the inside of the outer frame close to where the two sides come together.

Good luck.

3. Collapse Details

I've seen vin#s in several places. Check the back driverside corned on top of beam,another place is on driverside where the main beam splits from the neck.

4. Collapse Details

Thanks! There's a silver decal on the front cross member that's completely faded. I'm pretty sure that had the VIN and capacity information on it. The phone number and address on the owners manual I have for Classic Trailers are no longer in service.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks for the contact info Fund Razor. I called them but they don't have any records.
    - Jeff