Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    Why? Cat Lite runs a crashbox and #6 drive.
    Because the engine tech rules, expenses, build requirements, and rules would all be the same and the classes could work together to improve policement and developement.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    [QUOTE]The rules were written but the class wanted to allow non conforming boats to race/QUOTE]

besides the fountain what other boats??? and as far as illegal, it is the motor compartment that made it illegal. and that is where enforcement is most needed in all classes. If builder a gets a mile or 2 an hour on a new hull he is working his A$$ off to find it. Not the engine builder, he looks to the rules to where it would benefit him, knowing tech will not find it.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

3. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Pete your right ,,Gino and Polli are wrong ,,THE CLASS HAD RULES, we all ran by for 6 years ,( UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) EACH OWNER KNEW THE RULES and we all ran by them ,,( untill the fountain ) the class all got along ( UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) some rules were a gentelmens agreement which all worked fine with the class (UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) the problem was,, a soft spoken ," i,ll " give you the world,," he " gave you the world,,promis of granduer ,,we got lost ,,i did not know ,, give me a pass ,,i,ll race with you the rest of the year,,I,ll get you a race site,,,
    Cheating Fountain got caught by the public in K.W. and their was no way to sweep it under the rug ,, Sorry
    just when I thought I was out ,,,,,they drag me back in,, ( my best dago accent)
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Rules are one thing, enforcement is the other.

I did not start this thread to hash out what the Fountain or any other team did to enhance their chances of winning, But as Organizations vet teams to race their series because they have rules is simply silly. We all know boat count is as important to the race producer as it is to True Competitors! The sport in whole has always been marred by poor sportsmanship, poor winners, as well as poor loser's.

The group as a whole including the Fountain and any other intrested parties need to sit down, have a mediator, and find solutions to the various issues and move forward with rules, race sites. IMO a outside source for engine inspections, not someone that has been in the mix for ever, and races.

The growth of the sport has been non existent for so long due to the names of the organisations changing, but those affliated have not!

5. Collapse Details

My new SVL will fit with in the rules of the organization that I am racing in and i could give a flying f#@$ what any of the other teams think!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post
    My new SVL will fit with in the rules of the organization that I am racing in and i could give a flying f#@$ what any of the other teams think!
    Good luck with that

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    George, you are correct, the class HAD rules. But during 2010 the rules were relaxed to allow Time Bandit and Sun Print to run as a legal SVL during 2010 so you could have a bigger boat count in the class. Not saying it was a bad move, just trying to answer Pete's question. Plus we asked the class for a 2010 rule book many times and it was never delivered. Lets just say everyone made mistakes in 2010 and leave it at that.

For the class to grow and prosper, a clear set of defined rules are needed.

Paul to answer your question, CL is staying with the Mercury only rebuild and sealing package. They don't mind spending the extra money and seem to like the program that they've been racing under all along.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Because the engine tech rules, expenses, build requirements, and rules would all be the same and the classes could work together to improve policement and developement.
    That was the plan when the Merc 525 sealed engine program was originally introduced.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    That was the plan when the Merc 525 sealed engine program was originally introduced.
    In reality the Mercury sealed engine program failed. There were no checks and balances and the system failed. THE LLC had a sealed engine program that allowed multiple vendors to compete no just for the wins but also for marketshare.

Onsite support from the Certification company (CRE/Innovation) Mercury and GM kept everybody honest. This gave the racers not only engine choices but for the first time ever Mercury gave the racers a little compensation back to compete against GM contingency program.

If you read my post's I have been telling anyone who would listen since mid season 2004 there were seals available and hot ECM's being used.

Steve

10. Collapse Details

George, you are correct, the class HAD rules. But during 2010 the rules were relaxed to allow Time Bandit and Sun Print to run as a legal SVL during 2010 so you could have a bigger boat count in the class. Not saying it was a bad move, just trying to answer Pete's question. Plus we asked the class for a 2010 rule book many times and it was never delivered. Lets just say everyone made mistakes in 2010 and leave it at that.

For the class to grow and prosper, a clear set of defined rules are needed.

Paul to answer your question, CL is staying with the Mercury only rebuild and sealing package. They don't mind spending the extra money and seem to like the program that they've been racing under all along.
    if your talking about the VORTEC it really never was out,,I was the last to move over to Merc ,,but Bob and Steve were always still eligable to race,,so we did not relax anything,, either way ,,what s your point here,?

11. Collapse Details

My point is, rules for SVL (at least in OPA) were never clearly defined in 2010. That is what Smitty is working on now.

12. Collapse Details

great ,,i,m sure we will be ok ,,,looking foward to 2011 ,,I HAVE A DREAM ,,

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    My point is, rules for SVL (at least in OPA) were never clearly defined in 2010. That is what Smitty is working on now.
    Unless all the SVL teams commit to running OPA, what is the point?
    The SVL's as a group, and anyone intrested in running with them in OPA, SBI, ABC, ETC need to be the same! This would be the best avenue for all racing and those thinking of racing. why not base it like the Stock Outboards,
    their class is recognised around the world.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Unless all the SVL teams commit to running OPA, what is the point?
    Well how will the SVL's know if the OPA is something they want to move forward on with out some rules to look at first?

If the SVL's don't like the rules they don't have to run with the OPA. They can race SBI or OSS.

Choice is a beautiful thing.

15. Collapse Details

Pete thanks ,but I don,t think were ready for world wide recognition..we need to regroup right here,,we have 8 svl,s that race svl,,, 4 could race svl,,,," ? " want to race svl..so we are listening to what is offered..

16. Collapse Details

I sure hope this gets worked out for 2011. SVL is one of my favorite classes to watch besides 5 and would be the next step up in boats for us when the time is right. I hope every one can move forword from this point and get back to racing and having fun doing it.
    Just my 2 cents I will shut up now

Mike O
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    we have 8 svl,s that race svl,,, 4 could race svl,,,," ? " want to race svl..so we are listening to what is offered..

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Not sure why we always try and group the SVL together as a seperate Org. ? Each team has its own goals and program no different then an other class. Not sure why demands are put on this class and none of the others pro series classes? They need to race where and when they want, last yr proved that the all for one doesn't work. You have 10 different teams with 10 different ideas they need to do what is best for them and not feel preasured to do what another team wants to do. They need to be taken out from under the spot light and go back to being race teams.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Not sure why we always try and group the SVL together as a seperate Org. ? Each team has its own goals and program no different then an other class. Not sure why demands are put on this class and none of the others pro series classes? They need to race where and when they want, last yr proved that the all for one doesn't work. You have 10 different teams with 10 different ideas they need to do what is best for them and not feel preasured to do what another team wants to do. They need to be taken out from under the spot light and go back to being race teams.
    because we want to see racing not everyone gets a checkered flag cause they showed up.. and SVL has the most boats in spec class racing.

20. Collapse Details

jesus christ....im gettin so sick and tired about all this SVL BS. Makes me want to dump my boat and take up needle point.

who the hell are we? its embarassing. Offshore doesn't revolve around this class. sure its fun to watch and more fun to race. But I gotta be honest here. Its all BS. Let it get sorted out off the forums. Nothing is getting accomplished here.

please please please ....everyone. Take a breather. think pleasant thoughts. lets not dwell on this. In time, either everything will be great or it will suck....period.

happy turkey day