Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    I think they should let each team build their own motors and the top 3 finishers get P&Ged and Whistled. Every boat gets a data logger to check max RPM's. Limit prop pitch and diameter. Allow aluminum flywheels, inturnal balancing let them have everything that they think can give themselves an advantage that way if they didn't think of it it's their fault. Let them use any bore and stroke as long as it fits the cubic inch. The prop limit and RPM will limit their gain. Let them get the ECU's modified for more spark for more accelleration but the RPM will be limited and can be seen on the Data logger. Let them change the camshaft if they can get it to run with the Merc ecu more power to them because the stock cam is already to big it shows with everyone pulling it to 6000 RPM. Port the heads get all the flow you can just make sure you get the fuel with the ecu. Whipple is the only one that I know that has acess to get into the Merc ECU and good luck getting him to tune it to match your combination. With all this there is no room for anybody to cheat !!!
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    I think they should let each team build their own motors and the top 3 finishers get P&Ged and Whistled. Every boat gets a data logger to check max RPM's. Limit prop pitch and diameter. Allow aluminum flywheels, inturnal balancing let them have everything that they think can give themselves an advantage that way if they didn't think of it it's their fault. Let them use any bore and stroke as long as it fits the cubic inch. The prop limit and RPM will limit their gain. Let them get the ECU's modified for more spark for more accelleration but the RPM will be limited and can be seen on the Data logger. Let them change the camshaft if they can get it to run with the Merc ecu more power to them because the stock cam is already to big it shows with everyone pulling it to 6000 RPM. Port the heads get all the flow you can just make sure you get the fuel with the ecu. Whipple is the only one that I know that has acess to get into the Merc ECU and good luck getting him to tune it to match your combination. With all this there is no room for anybody to cheat !!!
    why go to all that trouble for a MPH limited class?
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Tyler for President ....!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    We all won't have to hear about all the cheating going on. Besides there is nobody with enough time or help or equipment to check every boat at every race for everything they could be hiding. If it's MPH limited it is real easy Class 3 or 4 or the real good ones might make Class 2....
    The Michigan Madman

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    That is my point exactly. If they are that loose with thier seals, get rid of them. Seals should be numbered and logged on a website for all racers to see the number, owner, enigne number and location.
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Like anything else in life get rid of them the next is just as bad.

Sealing hasnt, doesnt, and won't work time for change. Nothign is perfect and there is no easy anwser to fix it but change cant hurt its broken already.
    The biggest issue I see with seals is the ability in this day and age to copy them in no time at all. Rapid prototyping and rapid modeling systems make it so pretty much anything can be duplicated in just a couple days. And, if you look at the Merc seals, ao any other seal you can dream up, copying them is fairly simple.

Now, if there was an electronic seal which could be barcode read, maybe there could be a seal which cannot be duplicated. But, just as in an electronic car key, it would be expensive.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    I don't believe SVL, or any tech class, should be MPH limited.

If they do get too fast for the safety capabilities again (I think of F2), then there should be restrictor plates, or drive height, restrictions added to slow them down. Not speed limits as is the case in the GPS classes.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Thanks Tyler, I was hoping you'd chime in.

Tyler knows pretty much what can be done to a 502, throttle body fuel system, rpm and fuel limited as far as HP improvement.

I'd also let the cu. in. go up to a .060 over bore size. Is that 509?

Someone out there is retuning the merc ECU I thought. Is that wrong? I thought Smitty said he can reflash it? Is that just back to stock configuration????

And is it the MEFI 4 that everyone can have retuned?????

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

Tyler knows pretty much what can be done to a 502, throttle body fuel system, rpm and fuel limited as far as HP improvement.

Someone out there is retuning the merc ECU I thought. Is that wrong? I thought Smitty said he can reflash it? Is that just back to stock configuration????

From what I have learned, other than Merc, only Dustin Whipple can modify the 525 ECU. Not being an "engine guy" how much more can be left on the table from Merc if you can not increase the RPM?
    Last edited by Wahoo 214; 11-26-2010 at 07:37 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Whipple is the only one that I know that can get into the Merc ECU's. Also .060 overbore is ok there is not that much power in .030 you get to the point where you can't keep the cylinder round and you will lose ring seal and you lose more than you gained with the overbore. All the Mefi's can be retuned if you have the software that a lot of people have access too.
    The Michigan Madman

10. Collapse Details

From what I have learned, other than Merc, only Dustin Whipple can modify the 525 ECU. Not being an "engine guy" how much more can be left on the table from Merc if you can not increase the RPM?

You make the spark tables more agressive to get more acceleration something you needed in St Clair to catch me !!!!!!!
    The Michigan Madman

11. Collapse Details

You make the spark tables more agressive to get more acceleration something you needed in St Clair to catch me !!!!!!!
    Oh man down goes Wahoo

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    He was catching you just before you spun out.......

13. Collapse Details

Tyler cheated in St Clair!!

Oh yeah he is in a Fountain.

14. Collapse Details

He was catching you just before you spun out.......
    I want a recount on those laps. I still had 6 tapes up!

15. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    ,,THE CLASS HAD RULES, we all ran by for 6 years ,( UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) EACH OWNER KNEW THE RULES and we all ran by them ,,( untill the fountain ) the class all got along ( UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) some rules were a gentelmens agreement which all worked fine with the class (UNTILL THE FOUNTAIN ) the problem was,, a soft spoken ," i,ll " give you the world,," he " gave you the world,,promis of granduer ,,we got lost ,,i did not know ,, give me a pass ,,i,ll race with you the rest of the year,,I,ll get you a race site,,,
    Cheating Fountain got caught by the public in K.W. and their was no way to sweep it under the rug ,, Sorry
    just when I thought I was out ,,,,,they drag me back in,, ( my best dago accent)
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

16. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    ,,you guys are talking like the whole class has cancer..WE HAD ZERO ISSUES BEFORE FOUNTAIN ,,PERIOD,,, now if you know something i don,t ( i,m sure you do) this class policed it self,,,we all always had an open boat policy ( started by willie ross) and if we wanted something checked ,we simply asked the owner would he mind showing his hand,,these guys and girls are first class people and want to race next to eachother,, i can give you the answer to speed ,,test ,,test ,,test ,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

17. Collapse Details

Tyler cheated in St Clair!!

Oh yeah he is in a Fountain.

Good one Dean

18. Collapse Details

No canopy slower than 75I'm game!
    Last edited by Slandrew; 11-27-2010 at 07:07 PM.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    Good one Dean
    It was......

20. Collapse Details

Why not make a Class for SVL Extreme with NO Rules
    The Michigan Madman