Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

has there been any comments from the busted back mountain motor fountain? just curious as what kind of excuses they have.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    MY BAD!

Sorry guys. I'm at the Miklos-A-Rosa and got on his computer to catch up, not realizing he was already signed on..
    Posted Congrats to Typhoon and realized my mistake.
    Sorry Steve, Sorry Gang.
    Didn't something like that happen to you one time?

Hope your back up to speed!

3. Collapse Details

Not that I want to doubt you Ratickle but has anyone from SBI confirmed that the infraction was in fact an aluminum flywheel? I ask this because even with a motor removed you cannot see the flywheel with the coupler and flywheel housing installed. Even with the flywheel housing off, it would be pretty hard to detect with the coupler bolted up and covering most of the flywheel face, unless you are really looking for it. If the flywheel is indeed aluminum then that would not be the only infraction, the entire rotating assembly would have been removed and modified or replaced breaking most of the engine seals. I know the coupler is available in three variations, long steel hub, short steel hub and short aluminum hub. I have always used the short aluminum hub coupler on all race engines, replace it with a new one for every race. This I learned from the Muscle Super V guys which happened to be a Fountain also. It was never deemed illegal as it was a direct replacement for the 525 EFI form Mercury but it does remove weight from the rotating assembly.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Yes Richie did find an alum fly wheel

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    If the flywheel is indeed aluminum then that would not be the only infraction, the entire rotating assembly would have been removed and modified or replaced breaking most of the engine seals.
    I think broke back mountain motor fountain got off lucky with just being told to remove the fly wheel. they should have broke the motor down for sure. kinda makes you wonder then who re-sealed it. so i guess it really was going 103, lol, but, i bet the other v-lites would be just as fast with the broke back mountain motor fountain motor.

6. Collapse Details

I may have been wrong about breaking the engine down.

From hardin Marine:

External Balance Alum. Flywheel Gen 4,5, & 6 B/B Chevy
    External Balance Alum. Flywheel Gen 4,5, & 6 B/B Chevy (Bellhousing Mounted Starter)

These all new billet aluminum flywheels are manufactured from certified billet material that will not break up under the stress and severe punishment of on and off throttle in high RPM marine environments.

The flywheels have machined retaining recesses every 120 degrees. Attaching locating tabs have been installed on the ring gear making rear gear shift and movement a thing of the past. By using a lighter aluminum flywheel, you will be rewarded with both faster acceleration and deceleration. Giving you the edge you’re looking for.

Billet construction

Accepts Mercury couplers and heavy duty drive plates
    Multi-point ring gear attachment
    Light weight yet durable
    Zero/neutral balance • 168 tooth gear

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    Didn't something like that happen to you one time?

Hope your back up to speed!
    I remember that, some fat guy at the firehouse I think

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    I may have been wrong about breaking the engine down.

From hardin Marine:

External Balance Alum. Flywheel Gen 4,5, & 6 B/B Chevy
    External Balance Alum. Flywheel Gen 4,5, & 6 B/B Chevy (Bellhousing Mounted Starter)

These all new billet aluminum flywheels are manufactured from certified billet material that will not break up under the stress and severe punishment of on and off throttle in high RPM marine environments.

The flywheels have machined retaining recesses every 120 degrees. Attaching locating tabs have been installed on the ring gear making rear gear shift and movement a thing of the past. By using a lighter aluminum flywheel, you will be rewarded with both faster acceleration and deceleration. Giving you the edge you’re looking for.

Billet construction

Accepts Mercury couplers and heavy duty drive plates
    Multi-point ring gear attachment
    Light weight yet durable
    Zero/neutral balance • 168 tooth gear
    chris according to the current rules ..direct replacement parts ARE NOT LEGAL
    it is suposto be presented as ,, " AS FROM MERC ",,, we can,t change the brand of spark plugs or heat range,,stupid I know ,,but that is the way it is,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Why would one remove the the bell house to swap a gimbal? I did have a few people tell me how it ran, and sounded like a turd on Wedsnday than on Sunday had deeper sound, and ran much better. Just happened to have a stock flywheel in the truck to? Maybe they????

10. Collapse Details

you know how often we have to change those flywheels.

maybe they had two motors with them ,,?? lolol

11. Collapse Details

Hey steve I was wondering if you had time to review your on board for race three and if so could you post some of it? We felt pretty out of shape a couple times on the approach to turn one. I am wondering if it looks as violent as it felt.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jcolby View Post
    Hey steve I was wondering if you had time to review your on board for race three and if so could you post some of it? We felt pretty out of shape a couple times on the approach to turn one. I am wondering if it looks as violent as it felt.
    Hahahahaa. I do not know what the onboard shows but I can tell you Steve sure thought you guys were on a mission!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    chris according to the current rules ..
    direct replacement parts ARE NOT LEGAL
    it is suposto be presented as ,, " AS FROM MERC ",,,
    we can,t change the brand of spark plugs or heat range,,
    stupid I know ,,but that is the way it is,

14. Collapse Details

You can't change spark plugs, but you can add tractor pipes? That is very strange.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    You can't change spark plugs, but you can add tractor pipes? That is very strange.
    That's not important, what's important is the Fountain is/was cheating.

Get with the program Dean.

16. Collapse Details

i agree with that Dean,,but that is it,,I won Pickwick and they wanted the sparkplugs ,brand and heat range,ngk 6,,,,i was worried they were going to bust me for the oil filter...lol

17. Collapse Details

i agree with that Dean,,but that is it,,I won Pickwick and they wanted the sparkplugs ,brand and heat range,ngk 6,,,,i was worried they were going to bust me for the oil filter...lol

18. Collapse Details

When you say "they" are you referring to OSS? And isn't the OSS you the racers?

19. Collapse Details

yes ,,but we were not the tech dept.

20. Collapse Details

To make it alot easier for your Teams and inspectors, you should consider asking to have the OPA apply the same engine spec rules that we in SV have agreed to.