Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mARINER191 View Post
    Gotta love that classic 38! A great restoration. Any photos of the equally trick NNRT 36' Bertram with teak deck?
    Mark
    www.propslip.com
    Here are a few -

Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When Standing in water - we stopped to find out what happened.jpg   Phil front right, Peter front left - winning 1974.jpg   Phil in his 36 ft. Bertram - 1974.jpg  

36 Bertram with Blonde, Copper Kettle   (Sam James -and.......).jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I had no idea that Phil's brother is so much better looking.

3. Collapse Details

Love that teak deck.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ApachePete View Post
    I had no idea that Phil's brother is so much better looking.
    Haha Peter ! Yes, Peter is my twin, but we don't look much alike - He has all the Talent too - Am sure you remembered him - he use to take Still Photos for me - until we had a problem in Ft. Meyers in 1986 - The Governer let go on our Jet Ranger - we were in sight of the Airport in fact had called in for Refuel and permission to land - however in seconds the engine started to over speed and was not controlable - so my Pilot made the decision to land where we were - in a Sub-division - at the time we just watched for wires and all was calm - only when I started to walk to a near by house to use a phone, did I realize what could have happened. From that time on - he either flew in a separate Helicopter or not at all with me.

Anyway - good to hear form you Peter - you and your team were always a Class Act - and I never had a problem remembering your name - same as my twin brother Peter !

Be well Peter !

Phil

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NNRT View Post
    Haha Peter ! Yes, Peter is my twin, but we don't look much alike - He has all the Talent too - Am sure you remembered him - he use to take Still Photos for me - until we had a problem in Ft. Meyers in 1986 - The Governer let go on our Jet Ranger - we were in sight of the Airport in fact had called in for Refuel and permission to land - however in seconds the engine started to over speed and was not controlable - so my Pilot made the decision to land where we were - in a Sub-division - at the time we just watched for wires and all was calm - only when I started to walk to a near by house to use a phone, did I realize what could have happened. From that time on - he either flew in a separate Helicopter or not at all with me.

Anyway - good to hear form you Peter - you and your team were always a Class Act - and I never had a problem remembering your name - same as my twin brother Peter !

Be well Peter !

Phil
    Nice to hear from you, Phil.

For a real Class Act, look no further than to NNRT.

6. Collapse Details

Awe Shucks ! - Thank you Peter - we all had fun while it lasted -
    I appreciate your friendship ! Our efforts were a Team effort - Great Pilots, um... narration - let me see um..... oh yes - it was good too even if I had to edit with the audio turned off at times !

and most of all - we had clients like You Peter who believed in us - and were there for us ! Thank you !

Phil

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Phil:

Funny....you didn't worry about me going down in flames with you...

Tell them about the exploding battery trick when we put down on the beach in Mantoloking........or running on fumes in the fog across the Chesapeake Bay....... or dipping a strut in the water off Atlantic City....or flying up between the World Trade Center towers...... or skimming over (and between) the trees in the Everglades.....or playing chicken with "Brand X's" helicopter over Fort Myers and Key West (and always winning)...

You also missed a few when I was flying with Mac Gowan and ESPN.... The pilot who I had to smack (literally) when he hysterically panicked after his buddy crashed in front of us at Corpus....or the other guy who was crying because I wanted him to fly somewhere near the race course (perish the thought!)... You would not believe the schmucks I had to give "on the job training" to after the NNRT days were over.

As I constantly repeat....you can't make this stuff up.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

8. Collapse Details

you are right Richie - your memory is excellent too - looking back, maybe I would not do it again !

9. Collapse Details

I see I have to Chime in here, hello Phil.
    I just had a great weekend with B38 on Lake George, Fl.
    She is runnin real good, Real proud of my B38. Going on 7 years now since I have purchased her.
    I plan on going to Jacksonville again in June I belive, please come on down if you can for a ride.
    Would be a pleasure.
    Kurt

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Love that teak deck.
    Me too.

11. Collapse Details

Beautiful classic!!

12. Collapse Details

Hi Kurt - Hope to get down there - thanks for the Invitation - Thanks to all for their comments -

Phil

13. Collapse Details

Just did a complete maintenance on B38, all looks good, even checked oil filters for any weird debree, all clean. Not a trace of any precious metals in either filter. 65 hours and still runnin strong. I was going to update a few things this year, but nope, money does not grow on trees.
    But the older I get, it sure cripples me up to work in that damn engine room.
    Takes about two days of cramps and extreem pain before I get back to normal. Advils are my savior.
    Phil, I have me a girlfriend now, so my deck hardware will be interesting from now on.
    Kurt

14. Collapse Details

Kurt, BEAUTIFUL! Best Wishes. Augie
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather