1. Collapse Details
    Winter Boredom, products
    http://www.auroramarine.com/aurora/catalog/11120/

Does this work? Or are these shameless endorsements?

2. Collapse Details

Wow, I am reluctently planning on bottom painting this year, if that stuff works that would be great. We leave our boat in the water all summer.

3. Collapse Details

I leave mine in as well. I used a polisher/sealer last summer on the bottom and it worked very well. Whether it slowed me down who knows? But it was a lot easier to get in the water and brush the green stuff off than just leaving the hull untreated.

This products has some endorsements like everything else. Like all products, it has supporters. I doubt it does much against growth or buildup, but if it did impact speed it would be good.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    I leave mine in as well. I used a polisher/sealer last summer on the bottom and it worked very well. Whether it slowed me down who knows? But it was a lot easier to get in the water and brush the green stuff off than just leaving the hull untreated.

This products has some endorsements like everything else. Like all products, it has supporters. I doubt it does much against growth or buildup, but if it did impact speed it would be good.
    I may have to leave mine in this year. What product did you use that you had good results with last season?

5. Collapse Details

I used the polisher/sealant by Gel Coat Labs (Properboatcare.com). Shine lasted all season, and the bottom was fairly easy to clean off with a brush during the summer. Very easy to put on by hand or with an orbital polisher.

The reason I know it worked, was the small squares I couldn't get to where the jack stands held up the hull. They were almost impossible to clean without a shot of On/Off.
    Last edited by VtSteve; 02-26-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: forgot to add:

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    I used the polisher/sealant by Gel Coat Labs (Properboatcare.com). Shine lasted all season, and the bottom was fairly easy to clean off with a brush during the summer. Very easy to put on by hand or with an orbital polisher.

The reason I know it worked, was the small squares I couldn't get to where the jack stands held up the hull. They were almost impossible to clean without a shot of On/Off.
    Thanks!