Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1668
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 302sport View Post
    whyd you do away with the step???? you guys were driving a car when everybody else was riding donkeys
    I never did away with the step, i sold out my interest in the business before the production molds were complete and the boat ran well without the step and they did not understand the importance of the marketing angle...there's only about 4 or 5 people who know the whole story.

You want to know the funniest (or saddest) part of this record run? We were passing cats effortlessly, and its all on video as we blew by them, some even triple engine 32's...at the beginning of the race, we had 10 minutes down fixing a split water house, then we were about 50 yards of the finish line and the water pully sheared - we were dead in the water and the boat behind us, over 5 minutes later. I guess it just wasn't our turn!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 breakdown_sm.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

if any of you followed offshore racing, you will notice a familiar face there...he went on to be a strong competitor and our boat was his first ride...his employer sponsored us and all he wanted was to ride in the navigator seat...his name, Charlie Haimes - if ya don't know who he is, look him up.

3. Collapse Details

Here is the video of us running in the race, it was a handful with the #5 drive in that small of a boat...i didn't have the Apache money, so the footage is from a friend of mine in a rented Cessna 150.....LOL!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2Lnsj_D0A

4. Collapse Details

WHY? Why not build something better? Straighter, faster, better?
    Just Curious...i like 55' Chevy;s, but wouldn't want to retool one!

5. Collapse Details

There is only one guy to build Powerplays that is Danny.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

6. Collapse Details

In my opinion, Dan may have built a great boat in its day, but there are a lot of advancements and enhancements that would make for a much better performing vee hull, after all, the PP was a typical vee hull with nice rigging AND BEST OF ALL, a flawless finish with great paint, nothing more...and all that can be duplicated or improved, but the boat design and bottom performance has much room for improvement...after all, the PP hull was a 70's design at best.

But hey, what would i know!

7. Collapse Details

If Powerplay was still running Danny would be building a 46 footer by now but guess what? that classic 33 would still be the same and selling.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

8. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    DD Cool stuff.

9. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Question
    Not a fast look with the engines trimmed like that and the hull so flat?
    Esky too full?
    Sterndrive hull with outboards?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PowerPlay.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

steve how many speedmaster 33's were built, and can we locate all of them????

My boat: B class PP Racing located in Plainville, CT
    Luv Muscle ????????
    Two can???????
    Gyno's Cyclery side by side #3's???????
    what others and where are they????

11. Collapse Details

what are they DD?????? that would make 6 of them

B1 PP Racing Plainville, CT
    Luv Muscle Miami, FL
    Two Can ?????
    Gynos Cyclery ????
    de-rigged ????
    de-rigged ????

12. Collapse Details

DD where are they and what do they look like??? Maybe steve can ID them

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 302sport View Post
    DD where are they and what do they look like??? Maybe steve can ID them

I am looking for pictures.

14. Collapse Details

WTF haha.....ok so were at 6 right now

15. Collapse Details

so 5......DD everybody always says that PP's like a lot of bow lift and need to run really loose to run well

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    What kind of Cat do you have now?
    Steve, Bill owns a 32 Baja, not a cat. Checking out the new Sunsation 36, thats why we ask. But am now questioning your reluctance to show your latest Cheetah boats. Trying to stay on topic, lol. One question only: What year was your last Cheetah Offshore produced? thanks, Bill(yes, my name is also Bill)
    Last edited by OneBadInjun; 05-07-2010 at 10:44 AM.

17. Collapse Details

agree with everything your saying. i just want to be able to keep the bow up a little and not have to trim to the moon to do it

18. Collapse Details

i dont think theyre too high. the prop shafts are 2 inches below the bottom of the boat when drives are neutral and that is 48 inches back from the transom

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    Not a fast look with the engines trimmed like that and the hull so flat?
    Esky too full?
    Sterndrive hull with outboards?
    wrong!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8020030.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    Steve, Bill owns a 32 Baja, not a cat. Checking out the new Sunsation 36, thats why we ask. But am now questioning your reluctance to show your latest Cheetah boats. Trying to stay on topic, lol. One question only: What year was your last Cheetah Offshore produced? thanks, Bill(yes, my name is also Bill)
    It is my interpretation that these boats are built to the specific customers demands and all to date have been race boats. I saw some cockpit pictures earlier in the thread, just do research, or have them draw one up for you. It appears that it will be made anyway you want it depending on how you want to use it. Am I right in my assumption? Anyone?