Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Well OK then ya Frik'n jerkoff pole dance'n midget!!!
    Don't judge. I need to support my midget babies.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad I asked the question......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Because they are stupid dummy heads.
    Thats name calling what happened to "lead by example"

4. Collapse Details
    Provably,demonstrably untrue
    Banned
    Rather than start a new argument, thought it might be a good time to bring this one back to the top.

Tonite on 60 Minutes they are airing an interview with Steve Schmidt, who was johnnymac's presidential campaign manager. He lets loose with both barrels on the quitta from wasilla.

We all know that politicians bend the truth- it's just what they do, and that the former half-term gov from alaska does it a little more than most.

What I find interesting about this is that it is the first time the mainstream media is actually calling her out on her bs, and it will be even more interesting to see how the rest of the msm reacts next week after the piece airs.

What's happening here, I think, is it's the beginning of the mainstream gop's attempts to marginalize her. Whether it will work remains to be seen, but I think there are a lot of folks out there who don't really know some of this stuff about her and tonite will be an eye-opener for them.

5. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Rather than start a new argument, thought it might be a good time to bring this one back to the top.

Tonite on 60 Minutes they are airing an interview with Steve Schmidt, who was johnnymac's presidential campaign manager. He lets loose with both barrels on the quitta from wasilla.

We all know that politicians bend the truth- it's just what they do, and that the former half-term gov from alaska does it a little more than most.

What I find interesting about this is that it is the first time the mainstream media is actually calling her out on her bs, and it will be even more interesting to see how the rest of the msm reacts next week after the piece airs.

What's happening here, I think, is it's the beginning of the mainstream gop's attempts to marginalize her. Whether it will work remains to be seen, but I think there are a lot of folks out there who don't really know some of this stuff about her and tonite will be an eye-opener for them.
    They'll probably preempt that story now to further discuss Harry Reid's racist comments about the President.

....and why does it have to be an argument???

6. Collapse Details

You lost me at "Johnnymac," Jay.

You can either have intellectual credibility or name calling. Not both.

Doo doo head.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    ....and why does it have to be an argument???
    Hopefully, it won't.

I was just working from previous experience.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Hopefully, it won't.

I was just working from previous experience.
    Muata been some other website.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Muata been some other website.......
    Yeah, maybe so...

Again, I think it's interesting from a political strategy standpoint.

Here's a quote from the segment:

“There were numerous instances where she said things that were not accurate that ultimately the campaign had to deal with, and that opened the door to criticism that she was being untruthful and inaccurate. And I think that that is something that continues to this day.”

After an ethics investigation of Palin when the Alaska Legislature issued a report, Schmidt says she mischaracterized that report.

“She went out and said, ‘This report completely exonorates me’ and in fact, it didn’t. You know…it’s the equivalent of saying ‘down is up, and up is down.’ It was provably, demonstrably untrue.”

There's a good piece up at Mudflats that reviews a four-way telephone interview she did right after the Branchflower Report on the Troopergate investigation was released, stating that she had abused her power as governor.

Very telling.

10. Collapse Details
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    There is an important distinction between having the RIGHT and being ALLOWED to vote.

If you cant walk up to a ballot box and find that you are registered or wont get the sh!t beat out of you its understandable that you wont practice your right.

Use 1964 from now on when you refer to when the black population was really given the freedom to cast a ballot after being allowed the opportunity to being somewhat informed about what the issues are.

President Johnsons party probably retains their loyalty for that having come to pass.
    unfortunately the overwhelming majority of blacks in this country have voted strictly on race & no one is calling them racists. this fact has caused the demise of many major US cities such as New Orleans. once a city reaches the black population to swing an election the downfall is very likely. 30 years of black mayors in New Orleans & people like William Jefferson & Marion Berry make my point. there are qualified black candidates but until the black population stops voting strictly on race the destruction will continue. the last poll I saw, 92% of black voters think Obama is doing a good job. case closed

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnelvision69 View Post
    unfortunately the overwhelming majority of blacks in this country have voted strictly on race & no one is calling them racists. this fact has caused the demise of many major US cities such as New Orleans. once a city reaches the black population to swing an election the downfall is very likely. 30 years of black mayors in New Orleans & people like William Jefferson & Marion Berry make my point. there are qualified black candidates but until the black population stops voting strictly on race the destruction will continue. the last poll I saw, 92% of black voters think Obama is doing a good job. case closed
    I dont disagree with any of that.
    I dont know what the percentage of population is black.
    Isnt it around 12- 15 % ?

12. Collapse Details

Seems the 13.5% alone canīt swing only on color skin alone...plus the rest does make about 10% to that...
    so thereīs gotta be a lot of those who voted on some other issues.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

13. Collapse Details

I am sure that people from countries with no blacks have much to add to this... but the truth is... "Black" is a culture. Not a skin color.

14. Collapse Details

And on that subject... an enormous number of American Blacks voted not so much because of strict racial alliances, rather... they voted for what I call the "historical significance." The historical significance voters did so not for entitlements or because they are racist, but because of the allure of seeing a black president in their lifetime. It was heady stuff. And... it's gone now. All of those voters will go back to however they usually vote.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Seems the 13.5% alone canīt swing only on color skin alone...plus the rest does make about 10% to that...
    so thereīs gotta be a lot of those who voted on some other issues.
    my post wasn't meant to explain Obama getting elected, rather my thoughts on the problems many of our big cities are facing & the role black racist voting plays in it. blacks vote almost exclusively democrat so they had little to do with Obama's election. after the Obama debacle is over I don't think you will see many white voters voting for a black candidate to make themselves feel better about the race issue!

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    Article at Politicusa that breaks down the Palin issue for the mainstream gop:

The GOP simply can’t afford to have Palin on the loose, leading the misinformed teabaggers on their crusade against moderate and secular Republicans if they want to survive 2012 with an ounce of pride.

The same logic applies to 2010, where the Republicans stand a solid chance of ousting the Democratic majority in the House and Senate. The GOP can’t afford to sit idly by and allow Palin to do what she did to the NY congressional race, wherein her interference caused the first Democrat to be elected to that district in over 100 years.

Republicans already got what they needed from her in Obama’s first year: Palin’s allergy to the truth made her the perfect GOP puppet to distibrute blatant lies about healthcare, the stimulus, global climate change, etc. Essentially she was used in an unsuccessful attempt to derail Obama’s first year.

She’s been branded with Liar of the Year awards from numerous outlets due to her last year as GOPPER puppet. It seems Sarah’s rather brilliant gut level political instincts may not be on par with the national GOP strategists. Pain doesn’t seem to grasp that the national party doesn’t believe that she’s “mantled for the Presidency”. The only point Palin and the national Republicans can agree upon is their belief that the ends justify the means; a temporary and expedient Machiavellian marriage of religion and politics helps them both achieve the power they feel duly entitled to hold.

Will the GOP go for the jugular? Will they release the photos they scrubbed from the Johnston computers? Will they bring up Abortion Wite-Out Gate? Will they bring up her lies about providing a birth certificate for her youngest child, whose birth is the source of undying rumors that started in Alaska before she was tapped for VP and continue to this day? Will they question her Wild Ride?

I doubt they’ll need to go there, as they’ve signaled to their obedient media water bearers that it’s Opening Day on Palin Season. Expect to suddenly see a press performing “due diligence” on Ms Palin. You know, the sort they should have done last fall. But they’ll hold the big guns as insurance for 2012.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I am sure that people from countries with no blacks have much to add to this... but the truth is... "Black" is a culture. Not a skin color.
    Black is a color.
    Itīs not a culture or skin color.
    And seems your knowledge outside buckeye equals to 0.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tunnelvision69 View Post
    my post wasn't meant to explain Obama getting elected, rather my thoughts on the problems many of our big cities are facing & the role black racist voting plays in it. blacks vote almost exclusively democrat so they had little to do with Obama's election. after the Obama debacle is over I don't think you will see many white voters voting for a black candidate to make themselves feel better about the race issue!
    What in earth has politics, race issues or the next president to do with your problems overthere?
    Quartal term capitalism and the stock market is what has done all your problems and you still blessed it all these years and let it it happen so the common workers wage is brought down to the 3rld worlders level or taken away completely there.
    Mexico and Canada was the first ones to gain of all this now itīs even Asia.
    Guys youīre barking at the wrong tree but the one you should bark is unreachable.
    It doesnīt matter what the citizens vote anymore thereīs nothing the Government can do to get the lost industry back.

The spirit of industrial patron is sadly gone and that is somewhat globally and the last bit of moral in capitalism went with the dishwater.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Black is a color.
    Itīs not a culture or skin color.
    And seems your knowledge outside buckeye equals to 0.
    That's a completely uninformed opinion. Black is a culture. Color varies. There are so many color varitions present in the American Black yet such a rich culture that being black becomes more about the cultural heredity that one is born into than the shade of the skin. Those cultural differences can be greater than the skin differences, depending on mixed relationships. Yet the cultural uniqueness lives on. That cultural uniqueness exists in everything from diet, to worship, to family grouping, to artistic taste, to dress, to politics. And so much more.
    Very light black people, who are nearly or fully indistinguishable from "white" people inheret the black cultural identity, and therefore identify as American Blacks. The subtle nuances of how this "Blackness" plays out is fascinating and enlightening. It's also fascinating how blacks apply it to some whites, while withholding it from some blacks. Former President Clinton has occasionally been described as the "first black president" due to his affectations, musical taste, sexual indescretion and southern cultural heritage. Plus, he was in the band. Have you seen how white his skin is?
    I was once described as "blacker" than Barack Obama by some black friends. They felt that I understood and embraced what it means to be black more than Mr. Obama. And they may have been right, despite the fact that the tone of my skin is so much lighter than his. He is one white azz black guy. But I digress...

I guess despite the dozens of subjects on which you have presented yourself as an expert on this forum .... any grasp of what it is and means to be a black person in the US is totally lost on you. Which is ok. You are a FINN for God's sake. Your population is like 95% blue eyes. There are no blacks in your country. You know so little about blackness.... that you don't even know how little you know. You are like the "anti-Malcom." You are so white, you glow in the dark. You make Pat Boone seem ethnic.

Perhaps this is the beginning of a trend toward people finally shutting you down and shutting you up when you present yourself as the premiere expert on everything in the world. Because at the end of the day, it is primarily arrogance that you have mastered.

20. Collapse Details

Just in case it is about skin color Mika, let's posts pics of our best friends before we go any farther.
    I'll go first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Funds party 005.jpg