Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Got some x-rays today and hope to get the pins pulled tomorrow. I can not wait to start rehab. I cant move any of my fingers more than an inch.

I installed a carbon look dash in my golfcart Sunday. Should have been a one hour job with the wiring done. Took me six hours and only the key switch connected. Still I was happy with that small achievement. At least my backs getting plenty of exercise picking up things that I drop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hand12-30.jpg   hand2  xray x2.jpg  
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

2. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Look'n much better Mark

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    Look'n much better Mark
    It does, thanks, I had to bandage my own hand this morning so thats why it looks so amateur. When I blow up the picture I see 11 screws.
    Mark

4. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Are the docs expecting full recovery?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    Are the docs expecting full recovery?
    I dont see the Doc again until tomorrow, but everybody I run into that has suffered severe finger injuries tell me that my results will largely depend on how well I stick with the program and how determined I am to get results.

Given that I am "one hard headed SOB" according to my wife I am hopeful of getting 80-90% back
    Last edited by Wobble; 12-30-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spell
    Mark

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    I dont see the Doc again until tomorrow, but everybody I run into that has suffered severe finger injuries tell me that my results will largely depend on how well I stick with the program and how determined I am to get results.

Given that I am "one hard headed SOB" according to my wife I am hopeful of getting 80-90% back
    That's what I've heard.....about rehab.
    Hell go for 110%. That way if you slack off a little, you're good to go.
    Best of luck with the rehab.

7. Collapse Details

Saw the Doc this morning, he says all the bones are looking good. The tendons need another 3-4 weeks, so it's limited exercises for now.

I did get the pins pulled, one had receded so he had to cut down to it, that earned me another two stiches.

Also on the plus side I only have to wear my full hand brace for sleeping and driving.

Happy New Years
    Mark

8. Collapse Details

They said if I didn't have a pin put in my finger that I crushed when I was 18, it would never bend again. I've got news for them, it still doesn't bend.

9. Collapse Details

Update? Seems like you haven't had any problem typing lately! LOL!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Update? Seems like you haven't had any problem typing lately! LOL!
    Thanks for asking. It is doing well, but the physical therapy is brutal.

Each time I go, she bends the fingers a little further to re-stretch the tendons. Takes most of her strength and all of my resolve to not say uncle.

Hand is a bit swollen in picture due to therapy, but I have 27lbs grip in the left hand compared to 130 in the right. First therapy I pulled two lbs with left hand.

Doc say it's going to take better part of a year. Biggest problem is that brain thinks hand can do things it cant yet.

Can hold beer or cocktail reliably so I am very encouraged

First picture shows about my present progress. Waterproof cell phones dont take very good pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-26-10hand.jpg   2-26-10hand1.jpg  
    Mark

11. Collapse Details

Glad to see you're doing better!!! We'll probably be out in the boat Sunday if it's not raining - you gonna be aorund?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by txriverrat2001 View Post
    Glad to see you're doing better!!! We'll probably be out in the boat Sunday if it's not raining - you gonna be aorund?
    I dont have an enclosure so I'll be 4 wheeling until the temp hits at least 75-80* and sunny.

59* and partly cloudy isnt going to get me on the water
    Mark

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    From someone who has been in the too business a long time you might want to reconsider that it is your fault.There is a lot of junk that should not be on the market.Get me the tool make and model # I will do some research.
    I hear ya....

Not really the same but when I was at the marina, one of the yard guys was disassembling a 10k lb boat lift.... When he started disassembling he didn't think to take down the steel guide poles so when he unbolted BOTH bunks one of the I-beams fell over. On its way down the steel pole hit him on the back of the head and knocked him unconscious into the water..

Luckily, Eddie, one of the mechanics was nearby and heard the splash... The guy was unconscious and drowning.. Eddie was able to pull him out, at this point a bunch of other people were running over. I was working on a boat on the other side of the marina and saw the marine police running full-speed into the marina.. Eddie started CPR until the police arrived.. By the time he got him on the dock, he was resuscitated and after about 6 months he made a full recovery.

The guy wound up suing the marina, saying he was forced to work on a piece of equipment he knew nothing about (BS) even though it was common sense. Long story short, he wound up winning.....

I'll never forget seeing him on the ground and Eddie giving CPR... Seabright police gave Eddie an award and there was a big ceremony for him and the other officers..

14. Collapse Details

Thanks for asking. It is doing well, but the physical therapy is brutal.

Each time I go, she bends the fingers a little further to re-stretch the tendons. Takes most of her strength and all of my resolve to not say uncle.

Hand is a bit swollen in picture due to therapy, but I have 27lbs grip in the left hand compared to 130 in the right. First therapy I pulled two lbs with left hand.

Doc say it's going to take better part of a year. Biggest problem is that brain thinks hand can do things it cant yet.

Can hold beer or cocktail reliably so I am very encouraged

First picture shows about my present progress. Waterproof cell phones dont take very good pics.
    Gald to see you're getting better, those pics looked nasty!

15. Collapse Details

Good to see it coming along Mark.

16. Collapse Details

but the physical therapy is brutal.

I've felt your pain before and it sucks!! I flipped my 4 ATV over a few years ago and stuck my hand out to catch myself. My arm bone shot through my wrist instead. They put an "I" beam in to hold every thing back together, then stuffed it all back in and sewed me up.

12 weeks of not moving it at all, therapy started to get the movement back. OUCH!!! The good thing is she was busty and would put my hand right up in the mix to stretch it out. 1st trip I was laying around the house in sweats and went to therapy- wonder if she is still wondering why I sat there for 20 minutes after my session was over because I didn't want to stand up and poke her eye out...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0110.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

I cut my right index finger open to the bone, slicing my tendon playin basketball & hitting somethin on the backboard @ my old highschool still to this day don't know what did it? Any how took over a year for me to get 90% function back, still is only about 90% several years later..... One thing I do know is it sure hurts like hell & tightens up when it's cold out!

Good to see it's goin well wobble stick with the therapy....

18. Collapse Details

Glad to hear you are doing well keep up the good work!

19. Collapse Details

That's really bad. Best wishes for your recovery.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I've felt your pain before and it sucks!! I flipped my 4 ATV over a few years ago and stuck my hand out to catch myself. My arm bone shot through my wrist instead. They put an "I" beam in to hold every thing back together, then stuffed it all back in and sewed me up....
    Holy crap that had to hurt
    Mark