Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Saccenti View Post
    News to me.. I never heard that before, maybe Charlie would know....
    Hello Bobby... I "stole" your slip spot at YCOA. FPC party.. Thanks.. Tried to hook up with Charlie all weekend..
    Now.. I'm borrowing this thread again. I saw a 47 Apachee in Tavernier, at a dealer, (facing North on the West side) with trip No. 6's. Awsome looking boat. Anyone knows about it ??
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    Always work to do on a farm. Cows never get a day off and those tits are'nt going to pull themselves.
    Have fun down in Miami but be careful. Lot's of trouble for a farm boy not used to the big city to get into down there.....
    Now, that was funny

3. Collapse Details

Hey, Bobby,

I'm looking at a 1991 Apache Brave 28'. I'd really appreciate any background information you could give me on the Apache 28 feet hull and deck an their origins!
    It's great being able to get this great information straight from the men who started it all!!

Thanks in advance,
    Julian Gutierrez

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Hello Bobby... I "stole" your slip spot at YCOA. FPC party.. Thanks.. Tried to hook up with Charlie all weekend..
    Now.. I'm borrowing this thread again. I saw a 47 Apachee in Tavernier, at a dealer, (facing North on the West side) with trip No. 6's. Awsome looking boat. Anyone knows about it ??
    That was probably Elias De la Torres's boat at Plantation Boat Mart...I think it's for sale....supposedly he spent a cool million restoring it recently.......

5. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    Hey, Bobby,

I'm looking at a 1991 Apache Brave 28'. I'd really appreciate any background information you could give me on the Apache 28 feet hull and deck an their origins!
    It's great being able to get this great information straight from the men who started it all!!

Thanks in advance,
    Julian Gutierrez
    The 28’ Apache hull was a project Don Aronow help me with in the very late seventies . After we completed the hull , I finished up with the deck design.. It was a great project working with the professor..

Post some pictures of the 28’ Apache you are looking at.. May be I can be of some help?

6. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    The slip spot at the YCOA FPC party was not mine.. I drove down to KW by car.. Maybe Charlie knows more about it??

7. Collapse Details

Bobby,

I was curious how many 36's you built and what year you produced the first one.

Thanks,

Josh

8. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Bobby,

I was curious how many 36's you built and what year you produced the first one.

Thanks,

Josh
    The 36’ Apache was first introduced in the late eighties.. We built approximate sixty. The last one build was 2004.. Its at TNT in Miami.. I think it is for sale..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rob& Chris 020.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

The 36 is one of the best all round boats built. Not to big or to small with perfect lines. Thanks Bob for a classic in its own time.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    The 36 is one of the best all round boats built. Not to big or to small with perfect lines. Thanks Bob for a classic in its own time.
    I couldn't believe how great Geronimo's 36 rides. I spent years riding on Apache Warrior an 87 41 & didn't think the ride would be that good on the 36 but I was so wrong, its a wave crusher

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
    I couldn't believe how great Geronimo's 36 rides. I spent years riding on Apache Warrior an 87 41 & didn't think the ride would be that good on the 36 but I was so wrong, its a wave crusher
    Thanks for the compliment Billy!

12. Collapse Details

The 36’ Apache was first introduced in the late eighties.. We built approximate sixty. The last one build was 2004.. Its at TNT in Miami.. I think it is for sale..
    Bobby, is this the same boat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUNk3YGa-s8

13. Collapse Details

Is this the one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ek_5.jpg   36 Apache.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    Is this the one?
    Is that the 575SC boat? If so I believe it was a 2003. Bobby gave me an awesome price on it back in 2004/2005... I couldn't swing it but it was a great deal! Someone got a really nice boat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled3.bmp   untitled2.bmp   untitled5.bmp  

15. Collapse Details

Bobby, what's the story on "Drillin-It"? I like the half stagger, it's one of my favorites!!

And how about the B-36 Geronimo? Geronimo looks like it's on a full stagger with the engines moved forward a little???

I heard both boats were owned by the same guy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12881.jpg   12881_1.jpg   128809.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    The slip spot at the YCOA FPC party was not mine.. I drove down to KW by car.. Maybe Charlie knows more about it??
    The only thing I know is, that every marina I stopped by in the keys had a "Reserved" sign out on one great slip.

I went over closer to one and read the small print and it said....."Reserved for Mr Bobby Saccenti ...He is an ICON on Seriousoffshore.com you know!!

So, I can understand you thinking it was Bobby's slip....they all are!!!

You guys won't have much more time to pick on us, so enjoy it while we are with you. Here is a photo of (Left to right) Me, Rocky and Bobby at Pt Pleasant last year....and now Rocky is gone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pt Pleasant 2007 (Small).jpg  
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

17. Collapse Details

This is the best thread I've ever had the pure pleasure to read. The building could have been on fire, and I stay just to finish reading it

Thank you everyone!

- Pat

18. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Bobby, is this the same boat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUNk3YGa-s8
    Hi Frank

Yes that’s the same boat.. The owners name is Jay, he is a lieutenant with the Miami / Dade Fire Department.. I told him when I seen the You-Tube video of him smoking his cigar driving , he reminded me of Tony Mantana frown Scar face…. Actually Jay and his brother use to race the 32’ Seahawk race boat back in the late eighties..

19. Collapse Details

That wouldn't be Justo Jay.

20. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Bobby, what's the story on "Drillin-It"? I like the half stagger, it's one of my favorites!!

And how about the B-36 Geronimo? Geronimo looks like it's on a full stagger with the engines moved forward a little???

I heard both boats were owned by the same guy?
    The 36’ Apache called Drillin-it is owned by Captain Kurt (we gave him the name) from Lake Linear Georgia.. We powered his Apache with a pair of 1000 h/p Lake X detuned race engines, shot staggered. The boat topped out just over 110 mph. Yes also he owned two other 36 Apaches.. The Geronimo race boat and another side by side that I sold for him to a customer in Santa Domingo about four years ago..

When we built the Geronimo for the original owner he wanted (against my better judgment), a full staggered with extension boxes and speedmaster IV drives.. I was not too trilled about the center of gravity after running the boat.. To me it was too transom heavy. When Capt Kurt bought the Geronimo he removed the extension boxes and installed a pair of IIIA , after that the boat ran perfect..