Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    The CAT ignition is one of the few items that is staying intact as it was when I bought the boat! It is beefy!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by snomad View Post
    The CAT ignition is one of the few items that is staying intact as it was when I bought the boat! It is beefy!!
    COOL, i have some of those keys...so when i wanna go for a ride ( if im ever up there ) dont worry..i bring here back fueled up and in one piece !!!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    I have been busting butt the past few days...and she finally got we today!

Stereo went in last wek and I went to work on the rest beginning Thursday night. Cabin, including hull sides were carpeted in red. Installed lighting, built a door for the anchor locker and covered it with carpet. Cockpit was carpeted in red too. Had to pull and reinstall speakers, which include heavy duty grills to prevent damage. Framed the top carpet seams with 90* aluminum angle. Built a frame for my cabin doors and rough fit them. installed the interior and engine bay hatch cover. Put it on the hose this morning and she fired quickly.

We decided to splash it early this afternoon. It went well overall for a first shake-down run. The trim was acting up due to a bad positive connection. It was cavitating bad coming onto plane. Might be the drive shower pick up (damn!). I wasn't getting the RPM I should, but that is probably due to the finicky trim switch and it seems it doesnt get enough fuel at WOT. I will order a rebuild kit for the edelbrock 1410 tomorrow and go through it.

All in all, it was a decent first run. More work to do, primarily tuning and tweaking. The boat is out of the garage though and the tasks ahead involve being on th water.

Pictures to follow?..