Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Because TU are just flat out faster, and it not just on SVL. Herring dominate only because they have a larger marketing budget. You dont want to compare the # of blades Herrings have lost to the number TU has. You dont have to build a thin prop to build a fast prop thats the easy way. Make them fast and stay together to finish races is the trick. We flat out ran 4 MPH faster in SVU with TU over Herring. Best we saw in Richie Phantom with Herring was 123MPh and with TU 127MPH and almost 2.5 sec faster in acceleration . The big plus is aggressive pricing.

2. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Brain Damage,

...."I do agree that the set up and the execution of the very talented team in the boat was the difference.......".

Wil
    ???
    Have you ever contolled a V bottom in excess of triple digits?, 120+, 130+?. To master this speed in a boat and then step down to a smaller boat with less acceleration, and speed............... is the best learning curve any team could dream for.

Consider observing one of the Geico Team, Dave Calan, (or champion Dave Scott) and ask him to race is a Super Cat Lite!.

I have chatted with many racers that have stepped up to bigger boats, more horsepower, and advanceed technology, the common theme is "time" to get the learning curve and confort factor,, to be competitive,,( B Robinson)
    BUT
    Taking the driving experience of big, fast boats on a race circut,,,,, and move the team to a smaller boat, less horsepower, less weight and similiar physics,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,it becomes difficult to reproduce this exeperience. A hand full of crew test as many boats as: B Teaque, R Fountain, J Tomlinson, and the B Forehand. The crew at the factory test boats a few times a day.

A talent comes with experience, and experience comes with opportunity. Having the opportunity to capitain a variety of vessels, of varying speeds and mass cannot be duplicated., even in an SVL boat

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Speculators

We have used only Hering prop's since 2001 with the exception of a Kilo run in 2003 (Hydramotive) and a Kilo run in 2007 (Throttle Up). I doubt anyone at Hering made any statement to the contrary. Jeff was in the pit this weekend and knows our team's prop program well.

As far as setup goes our team has used data acquisition since 2001. We have an extensive log of previous race data to refer to for race day setup. We have a good idea how to get the maximum out of our boat within the rules on a given course.

Steve

4. Collapse Details

I dont claim to have the talent or the experiece of the racers you metioned but compairing a twin engine boat to a single engine boat , IMO, is copairing apples to oranges. Another huge difference is compairing boats with huge torque and HP to boats that run with 525s.
    Everybody has their own style and opinion on what works . I disagree with your comparison. IMO, set up in SVL is the most important ingridient. The teams are all very talented who run these SVLs. I would love to see Bob T, Johnny T, and big names in our class. That would get some attention.

Wil

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Anyway .............Still..... Congrats to the fountain guys ,ooh ahh .

More so tho ,congrats to gary ,steve (and ernie )for pushing that new hull to its limits .

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    How fast was the SVL running in that SI rough water race?
    Top speeds? 75+

I think the Cat Lite had an average lap speed around 85

When is the next stop for the SVL tour?
    Sarasota SBI event?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Diver & Driver View Post
    ???
    Have you ever contolled a V bottom in excess of triple digits?, 120+, 130+?. To master this speed in a boat and then step down to a smaller boat with less acceleration, and speed............... is the best learning curve any team could dream for.

Consider observing one of the Geico Team, Dave Calan, (or champion Dave Scott) and ask him to race is a Super Cat Lite!.

I have chatted with many racers that have stepped up to bigger boats, more horsepower, and advanceed technology, the common theme is "time" to get the learning curve and confort factor,, to be competitive,,( B Robinson)
    BUT
    Taking the driving experience of big, fast boats on a race circut,,,,, and move the team to a smaller boat, less horsepower, less weight and similiar physics,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,it becomes difficult to reproduce this exeperience. A hand full of crew test as many boats as: B Teaque, R Fountain, J Tomlinson, and the B Forehand. The crew at the factory test boats a few times a day.

A talent comes with experience, and experience comes with opportunity. Having the opportunity to capitain a variety of vessels, of varying speeds and mass cannot be duplicated., even in an SVL boat
    All this is true, but if you are suggesting that the Fountain crew could step into the Extreme and still beat their own boat with Gary and Steve aboard, simply because they have more experience in bigger triple digit twin engine boats, then I must disagree.

I remember one year Pat Patel and Doug Lewis jumped in my old 26' Sutphen Factory 1 boat in Fort Myers. They lasted 100 yards and pulled to the infield to avoid, as they said, "getting killed".

The Fountain crew did a great job and based on what I saw, it would be challenging to beat them even if everyone had the same boat. There is also no doubt that not every current SVL team could jump in the Fountain right away and win, but there is equally no doubt that none of the old boats can possibly beat the Fountain now, all else being equal. IMO.

8. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    All this is true, but if you are suggesting that the Fountain crew could step into the Extreme and still beat their own boat with Gary and Steve aboard, simply because they have more experience in bigger triple digit twin engine boats, then I must disagree.

I remember one year Pat Patel and Doug Lewis jumped in my old 26' Sutphen Factory 1 boat in Fort Myers. They lasted 100 yards and pulled to the infield to avoid, as they said, "getting killed".

The Fountain crew did a great job and based on what I saw, it would be challenging to beat them even if everyone had the same boat. There is also no doubt that not every current SVL team could jump in the Fountain right away and win, but there is equally no doubt that none of the old boats can possibly beat the Fountain now, all else being equal. IMO.

+++++++++++++++++

Your Extreme Boat,,,, was looking awsome,, there was not a phantom close to you in the race...great air shotson the internet, well balanced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. I thought you guys looked great,, did you also drive that to Bimini?
    If so ,, man your ass must hurt,,,,, 160 miles in a weekend....
    Congrats,,,

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    FACT !!!!!!

the fact is that Brian has just more seat time in any kind of boat then most if not all racers have....
    And i mean all....he does this stuff for a living and is in a boat every day to test different set ups and engines and so on..so ofcoarse its a crew thing that won this race...top speed i think maybe 75-80 + MPH in this water.

He probable has more hours in this SVL then most of the SVL guys have in there's in the last 2 seasons...and thats just it...if u wanna win u have to spend time to do so.

Congrats to Doc and team...great peopel , no BS, like others !

See u all next time , Scott

10. Collapse Details

Progressive only ran for two laps I belive. The best top speed they saw was 80. They were having problems with their exit hacth opening. I was not there but my point about set up was the previous day in testing they ran 85 but race day they guessed at a set up instead of running what they had tested.
    It would be interesting to see what the Doc was running for top end.

I think the next SVL tour event is St.Clair although Sarasota should be. What a great site!!!!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by moorehead boater View Post
    +++++++++++++++++

Your Extreme Boat,,,, was looking awsome,, there was not a phantom close to you in the race...great air shotson the internet, well balanced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. I thought you guys looked great,, did you also drive that to Bimini?
    If so ,, man your ass must hurt,,,,, 160 miles in a weekend....
    Congrats,,,
    I drove it in the Bimini run. Gary ran the real race and Steve ran both. And yes, his ass is killing him. I have seen many races and obviously have watched those two race dozens of times including twice in Savannah in some of the roughest water I have ever seen. They nailed their set up yesterday and ran 11/10ths until they realized catching the Fountain would be impossible.

12. Collapse Details

Progressive only ran for two laps I belive. The best top speed they saw was 80. They were having problems with their exit hacth opening. I was not there but my point about set up was the previous day in testing they ran 85 but race day they guessed at a set up instead of running what they had tested.
    It would be interesting to see what the Doc was running for top end.

I think the next SVL tour event is St.Clair although Sarasota should be. What a great site!!!!
    So none of the SVL's will be in Sarasota?

13. Collapse Details

Mike,

I think we are lucky if we see 4 to five boats there. Steve should know more.

It really is a shame that such a great race site will not have the entire SVL fleet.

In the LLC days, 100 boat count was normal!

Wil

14. Collapse Details

Mike,

I think we are lucky if we see 4 to five boats there. Steve should know more.

It really is a shame that such a great race site will not have the entire SVL fleet.

In the LLC days, 100 boat count was normal!

Wil
    I think you are right, especially since there were only 6 boats in SIB, an event that was actually on the schedule. There might not even be that many.

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    I dont claim to have the talent or the experiece of the racers you metioned but compairing a twin engine boat to a single engine boat , IMO, is copairing apples to oranges. Another huge difference is compairing boats with huge torque and HP to boats that run with 525s.
    Everybody has their own style and opinion on what works . I disagree with your comparison. IMO, set up in SVL is the most important ingridient. The teams are all very talented who run these SVLs. I would love to see Bob T, Johnny T, and big names in our class. That would get some attention.

Wil
    In 2003 Mark and I offered guys like JT, Billy M and Dave Scott to jump into my F1 Fountain and run against the rest of the F1 Class....they all said hell no...JT called us "COWBOYS"...and that we were not all there...

Jim A who is running with me in the 27 Activator raced in SCL and has been racing in boats over 120+......he just got into the Activator 2 weeks ago...ask him how he felt...45mph less....and he was saying Holly $hit!!!!!!!

Till you get into one of these smaller boats and run 80 - 95mph...and then throw in 4 to 6 foot seas....you can throw out all the 130+ mph seat time speed out the window....its a whole differant animal..

16. Collapse Details

I was on the water saturday all day during practice. The came out several times testing. Sunday wasn't that rough, but it was definitly lumpier than saturday.
    I was also on turn 3~4 sunday, they definitly let the dogs out....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    In 2003 Mark and I offered guys like JT, Billy M and Dave Scott to jump into my F1 Fountain and run against the rest of the F1 Class....they all said hell no...JT called us "COWBOYS"...and that we were not all there...

Jim A who is running with me in the 27 Activator raced in SCL and has been racing in boats over 120+......he just got into the Activator 2 weeks ago...ask him how he felt...45mph less....and he was saying Holly $hit!!!!!!!

Till you get into one of these smaller boats and run 80 - 95mph...and then throw in 4 to 6 foot seas....you can throw out all the 130+ mph seat time speed out the window....its a whole differant animal..

Agreed!

Wil

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post

Like i said before, Brian is not only in 130 + MPH boats,,he tests them all from 24-47 foot boats..thats his job, running them wide open to test for the factory !!!!

He runs outboard fishing boats in more extreme conditions then that in SIB,,also don't forget...he had one of the BEST teachers u can ask for, Reggie is on the fast lane since he was 6 years old...
    People can bash Reggie all they want, but nobody will ever go where he was already !!!

PS, i would love to see Will ( Phantom ) do some more testing with teams , ( like Fountain does ) and that would be the key.....but he only wants money and realy not make the boats up to date, if he would they would sell better and be a lot more then they are.
    Sorry Will !!!!!!

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It has a great weekend in Sunny Isles. Although I did not witness it I understand Doc and Brain ran an outstanding race and I congratulated both of them in person. After arriving late to the awards Amy, Paul, and I met with Doc, Brian, Lance, Shelley, Doug {their crew chief} and others over dinner.. I am so proud to be part of the SVL fleet.

I have not accepted the fact as others have posted that the Fountain is untouchable. Team IMCO is in the process of recruiting a throttle man well suited for rough water.. I believe we had the set up and a boat that would have challenged the front runners. Our only problem has the conditions were more than George was physically able to endure.

This is far from over!!

I cannot speak for the others but, Sarasota is not on our list of events. I do expect St Clair to have a strong SVL showing.

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Like i said before, Brian is not only in 130 + MPH boats,,he tests them all from 24-47 foot boats..thats his job, running them wide open to test for the factory !!!!

He runs outboard fishing boats in more extreme conditions then that in SIB,,also don't forget...he had one of the BEST teachers u can ask for, Reggie is on the fast lane since he was 6 years old...
    People can bash Reggie all they want, but nobody will ever go where he was already !!!

PS, i would love to see Will ( Phantom ) do some more testing with teams , ( like Fountain does ) and that would be the key.....but he only wants money and realy not make the boats up to date, if he would they would sell better and be a lot more then they are.
    Sorry Will !!!!!!
    But the one thing you keep forgetting....there are 2 people in a race boat...
    While Brian has a lot of seat time..I don't think Doc has the same amount of seat time that Gary and Steve have in a SVL....also that is a new boat...it dose not respond like the 42 SV or the Fountain fishing boats...and Doc dose not have the seat time together with Brian that Gary and Steve have together...
    For a new boat...it is very fast...and handles the ruff like no one thought it would in SVL....we all have seen it posted...yes the Fountain is fast in the calm but it will even out in the ruff....
    If Doc and Brain run together for the rest of the year and keep testing together think how much better they will run together in Oct and Nov then in SI....they will only get faster...
    Great job guys..

3 races for Fountain..
    3rd place in calm water (1st race for the Fountain)
    1st place in calm water
    1st place in 3 to 4's
    in a brand new design...it will only get faster for Doc's Team...hats off guys,

The older SVL's have been making changes since 2004 in testing and making there boats faster..what else will these boats be able to do to stay within the rules and still get faster...and how much money has been spent over the last 7 years to make them faster..and how much more will it cost to make them even faster to stay compeditive...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 06-14-2010 at 08:25 PM.