Thread: Tv

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I may disagree in the short term. And, it hasn't been tried. If all the orgs ran at one race. And they had trophies/prizes for every class, and the similar speed boats ran together, it would make a heck of a show for TV and you could make further decisions from there. Think auto racing where there are a ton of cars on the track for a road race but a heck of a lot of classes.

3 or 4 races, 25 to 30 boats in each race, similar speeds together, etc.
    I don't see the show in that, it may grab the attention of a casual fan for a few minutes till they realize those boats aren't racing each other. At some point they are gonna to want to know who is racing who, otherwise why are they watching?

Would you watch a car race that had 3 cars in each of 15 classes on track? Or would you rather watch 15 cars in each of 3 classes? Same amount of cars, much better show.

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    All the classes are the same now, OSS and SBI class rules r the same.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    All the classes are the same now, OSS and SBI class rules r the same.
    they are closer, but I wouldn't call them the same. There are still engine packages and some other things that don't cross race. But you are right, they are closer now than ever. Now we just need to get rid of about half of them.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Unify and simplify......thats the key!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    As far as I know 850/750, SCL, SV, SVL, SS, are the same in both Org. In KW last year when all the Orgs. ran together there were no issues.
    The Turbines runs both already ...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    As far as I know 850/750, SCL, SV, SVL, SS, are the same in both Org. In KW last year when all the Orgs. ran together there were no issues.
    The Turbines runs both already ...
    but aren't vortecs, innovations, etc still allowed in certain classes too? those boats are limited where they can run.... so the rules still don't match up.

I said it was close, but until there is just one rule book, there are always going to be differences. Then you can start knocking off the classes where there aren't even 4 or 5 boats in the whole country in that class.

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I'm not sure if the Vortecs would be an issue with Mercury out of the pic now. Teams will have to start looking for other soruces for their motors now.
    SBI is going to remove SVL so other then that the rest match up for cross racing this yr. I expect a big turn out in Lauderdale and Sarasota same as yrs past. With the Kilo run in Sarasota I think u will see teams shoting for that top gun spot.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Didn't Mike A. do # 6, Isnt that how OSS started? I do agree with the rest of your post!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Sean:

Forget all that............

If you had an actual major series sponsor.........which no one does at the moment, and we haven't had since HFC left the scene prior to 1990,.... you make the rules....... The sport has flapped around like a fish in the bottom of a skiff for 20 years with efforts to let the racers make the rules. It's about time we faced the sad fact that it doesn't work...and never did. The only successful changes in that time (Factory 1-2 and the Supercat class) came from seasoned veterans and officials...it was only later that the "Class reps" screwed them up as well.

So...I suggest:

First sign a real contract for 3 years with a sponsor......... (Hardest part)

Until you accomplish this, don't do a damn thing except improve your marketing presentation and get the cash!

Then:

1. Give every racer 12 month's advance notice of race schedule, location and rules.

2. Talk to the various organizations SBI, OPA, OSS, LSMFT, TGIF, LAMF, etc and choose the one that offers the easiest coordination so you have officials, and safety personnel. Do not let them "lead the band".

3. Pay prizes to two featured National classes. (See earlier post)...and NO MORE.

4. Give trophies to one entry level class (see earlier post)

5. Televise (with the sponsor's money) the two National classes (66% of coverage to Main class 1, 33% to Class 2).

6. Ignore all of the whining and threats to "take my boat and go home". (Something that has never been done in the U.S. and is done constantly in Europe)

7. Have a H*ll of a race event year one.......

8. Repeat annually

Believe me, real racers will flock to this.

As for the rest....That's what Poker Runs are for.
    Well said....Now that the secret is out.....just kidding!!!

10. Collapse Details

Entry class: http://www.zapcat-racing.co.uk/

$10K for a race ready brand new! would get a bunch of BAB's like me (Broke Ass Boaters) off the sidelines and in to the sport. I'd be THE MAN in one of them which would lead to moving up classes and next thing you know Haggin would be callin....

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    I got a flash for you.....

APBA already has a whole racing division around these things.

T2x
    Yes they do and I was lucky enough to go for a ride in one with a mod 40hp.. scary fast.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

$10K for a race ready brand new! would get a bunch of BAB's like me (Broke Ass Boaters) off the sidelines and in to the sport. I'd be THE MAN in one of them which would lead to moving up classes and next thing you know Haggin would be callin....
    that is nutz !!!!!

13. Collapse Details

I did'nt watch the video till now and all I can say is WOW..

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    I did'nt watch the video till now and all I can say is WOW..
    I'm too old for that crap.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

Like Rich said... APBA Superlight tunnel boats...

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I'm too old for that crap.....
    I'm not even that old and I think I'm to old to race those.. Your lower body would be black and blue after a race like that.

17. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info- I had no idea!!

http://www.apba-racing.com

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    MarylandMark......I'm sorry if you took the fan comment wrong...it was only ment to make a point to Pete....we all need our fans and supporters...but we don't really need anyone really putting down possitive things that have come to light in our sport....TV is hudge in our sport....any TV for our sport is good...Hope to see ya soon again....and yes...BobbyB is a little ugly...but he is still are YODA....

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    MarylandMark......I'm sorry if you took the fan comment wrong...it was only ment to make a point to Pete....we all need our fans and supporters...but we don't really need anyone really putting down possitive things that have come to light in our sport....TV is hudge in our sport....any TV for our sport is good...Hope to see ya soon again....and yes...BobbyB is a little ugly...but he is still are YODA....
    Hey Gino

Can you give me a call when you have a chance please?????

Thanks Sean

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Sean....email me your number....