"T" ?
    Yep

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post

Yep
    Sweet.....

Maybe I'll have to sneek over and get some spy pics........
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

yeah,,,,um,,,,,Joey chenged his mind,,,,,,again,,,,,STAND BY !!!!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I am always so paranoid about my trailers...Mike, remember the trip to ishpeming with my enclosed 4 place sled trailer?? Not a lack of grease, but lug nuts coming loose caused one of the wheels to decide to go rolling down the highway on its own....

I recall andy towing my trailer, me following him, and hippie kid behind us. We were all chatting on our CB radio's, when I keyed up telling mikey to watch out, theres a wheel rolling towards us! Wait! thats my wheel! Thats was fun in the middle of nowhere fixing that...new studs and lugs were needed...

Same thing happened to my friend Matt with his 31 Cig. He lost a wheel goin down I-355. Wheel came off, passed him, and it was never found..Took the studs out with it too. Hard to believe something so basic as a trailer can have so many problems as they do!

I with Big D. I'd say every spring, its a good idea to remove all wheels, inspect or replace bearings and seals, inspect and adjust brakes, grease everything up good, and inspect trailer tires for any signs of cracking, on sidewalls and in between tread lugs. And routinely check lugs for tightness! And of course, proper air psi in the tires. They may look ok, but a tire rated for 80psi, only having say 30-40psi, has substantially less weight capacity, and will get hot. Don't eyeball them. Put a air gauge on em to be sure, and Air them babies up.
    The only time I had trailer issues was when MM got his 3rd flat on a trip and I was nice enough to give him my spare. Then when pulling away after changing his tire on I94 I looked in my rear view and saw I had a flat. F'n Andy, is what I thought. Anyway I don't compliment Walmart often, but that Sunday afternoon the local Wally cam through and fixed my spare and we were off.

That was the trailer for this silly boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5cyKdWnF0

Listen close at the very end of the video. Yes, believe it or not that is our highly refined friend MM back when he had a potty mouth!

5. Collapse Details

Listen close at the very end of the video. Yes, believe it or not that is our highly refined friend MM back when he had a potty mouth![/QUOTE]

When he had a potty mouth....he had a potty mouth at 5 years old and still does.....

BTW I like this video better....of us racing the owner of Sterling's girlfriend....there's even an appearance from Twin Wackas in his old American Offshore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuysj..._order&list=UL

6. Collapse Details

The engines are done....I also got the sea strainers mounted back in the boat along with new hoses etc....everything in the bilge is done. All that is left is a little gel work on the transom where I removed my speedo pickup etc....I am adding a GPS Speedo. Hopefully if the weather holds out the engines will be going in a a couple of weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-3-1.jpg   4-3-2.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE View Post
    The only time I had trailer issues was when MM got his 3rd flat on a trip and I was nice enough to give him my spare. Then when pulling away after changing his tire on I94 I looked in my rear view and saw I had a flat. F'n Andy, is what I thought. Anyway I don't compliment Walmart often, but that Sunday afternoon the local Wally cam through and fixed my spare and we were off.

That was the trailer for this silly boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5cyKdWnF0

Listen close at the very end of the video. Yes, believe it or not that is our highly refined friend MM back when he had a potty mouth!
    Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    When he had a potty mouth....he had a potty mouth at 5 years old and still does.....

BTW I like this video better....of us racing the owner of Sterling's girlfriend....there's even an appearance from Twin Wackas in his old American Offshore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuysj..._order&list=UL[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me borrow your spare Craig! I only made that mistake once, since they all my boat trailers have had there tires replaced right away! As far as my potty mouth I deny all such accusations!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    The engines are done....I also got the sea strainers mounted back in the boat along with new hoses etc....everything in the bilge is done. All that is left is a little gel work on the transom where I removed my speedo pickup etc....I am adding a GPS Speedo. Hopefully if the weather holds out the engines will be going in a a couple of weeks.
    I just noticed the 90 degree elbows going into the strainers... what kind of temps did you run with the old motors? I have never seen 90's before like that and would think that the friction loss might hurt you a bit a 1/2 to full throttle... maybe not but just thinking out loud. Whats the reason for them?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    I just noticed the 90 degree elbows going into the strainers... what kind of temps did you run with the old motors? I have never seen 90's before like that and would think that the friction loss might hurt you a bit a 1/2 to full throttle... maybe not but just thinking out loud. Whats the reason for them?
    There was no way to get a straight run into the strainer by going under the offshore mount....I guess I could have run the hose on top of the offshore mount??? It would be easy to change but then it would rub on it as well? They were setup going straight in before but the hose was also damaged from doing that....temps. were fine.

There were 90's coming out of the bottom with the prior setup.

10. Collapse Details

Mike,

You are fine. If you put a restrictor bushing of 1/2" diameter in those 90 degree elbows, which are 11/4", I'd bet you'd still be fine. Remember before the pressure reliefs Shogren blew an intake gasket due to the water pressure pegging a 40 psi guage.

Elbows, orifice plugs, flow controls etc. create pressure drop across them, and in a motor the critical pressure is after all of those losses what is left over in the block. You have 20 PSI running with garden hose relief water flow dumping overboard. Your temps are fine and you are running a t-stat.

Good to go!!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE View Post
    Mike,

You are fine. If you put a restrictor bushing of 1/2" diameter in those 90 degree elbows, which are 11/4", I'd bet you'd still be fine. Remember before the pressure reliefs Shogren blew an intake gasket due to the water pressure pegging a 40 psi guage.

Elbows, orifice plugs, flow controls etc. create pressure drop across them, and in a motor the critical pressure is after all of those losses what is left over in the block. You have 20 PSI running with garden hose relief water flow dumping overboard. Your temps are fine and you are running a t-stat.

Good to go!!
    I would have to agree. Maybe a 45* fitting would have worked? As long as that hose isn't kinked, I'd run with it..Double clamps never hurt on the hoses to and from the sea strainers. I have 90* elbows in my system. 100* water temps and no stats, water psi was 25psi wot last summer, with 5/8" restrictors. Gonna ditch the restrictors though, they did nothing for me.

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...&p=13335&c=230

Lookin good Mike...

12. Collapse Details

Fingers crossed we will be putting the engines in tomorrow....as long as all goes well hopefully we will be to the lake in three weeks or so to run it for the first time. I attached some pics. as I got everything in the bilge finished up today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bilge 1 4-16.jpg   Bilge 2 4-16.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Good luck... make sure you video the first time out... always good for bloopers if something goes bad or to film your happiness when the opposite occurs... lol. When we did the shake down run last fall, I left the engine hatch off and pointed the GoPro at the aft showing the engines... just in case we had some sort of failure... would make for a good youtube vid and a discovery on what went wrong..

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep us up to date.......

Looking sweet.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

15. Collapse Details

My motors are getting painted today...dyno by the end of the week according to Mr. Dave.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    My motors are getting painted today...dyno by the end of the week according to Mr. Dave.
    Cool

17. Collapse Details

Engines are in and drives are on....working on my to do list today....I am hoping between this Friday and Saturday that by the end of the day Saturday it will be ready to fire up on the hose to set the timing. Still have around 15 - 16 different jobs left though....

Also a big thanks to WetteVette (Craig) and Bryce AKA BigBird for the help yesterday! When we started at 8:00 yesterday it was roughly 38 degrees out....my hands look and feel like they were put through a meat grinder....note to self....buy something with stock power next time!

18. Collapse Details

Updated Pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bilge 1 4-18.jpg   Bilge 2 4-18.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Looks great. Sorry I couldn't be there to help or at least supervise.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Whackas View Post
    Looks great. Sorry I couldn't be there to help or at least supervise.
    No problem....it ended up taking us around 4 hours so it was not to bad.