Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    http://www.ameratrail.com/ Ask for Scott the owner. He was on board w/ ORL. Mention my name.
    I have had to Ameratrails, the first was Alluminum under the cat. EVERY weld on it cracked where the weld met the AL. I called them and was told that they had had a lot of trouble with that but it was out of warranty.

The other is under my fountain and most of the welds, except the axle hangers, are still in tacked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trailer.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

gino, i have a Amertrail under my DW. i have no problems with the welding, but somebody forgot to grease the bearing when they assemblied the hubs. i barely got the thing back from dougs. amertrial did send me new parts but i was kinda pissed about i had to waste a day and replace them myself. also i had to rip all the wiring for the lights off. some brain-child used the wrong crimpers and put a hole in every crimp. took about 5 or so dunks in the gulf and i was having problems. plus look at the welds, theres a reason while they have to powder coat them compared to myco's. myco got some really good welders over there, but are a little on the pricey side. for ecomonical reasons why not use one of the production aluminum boat trailer manufactures?

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    gino, i have a Amertrail under my DW. i have no problems with the welding, but somebody forgot to grease the bearing when they assemblied the hubs. i barely got the thing back from dougs. amertrial did send me new parts but i was kinda pissed about i had to waste a day and replace them myself. also i had to rip all the wiring for the lights off. some brain-child used the wrong crimpers and put a hole in every crimp. took about 5 or so dunks in the gulf and i was having problems. plus look at the welds, theres a reason while they have to powder coat them compared to myco's. myco got some really good welders over there, but are a little on the pricey side. for ecomonical reasons why not use one of the production aluminum boat trailer manufactures?
    Thanks Dave....I would love to have Bill T. onboard with us...but you pay for a good product....I have a few company's I'm talking to...but would like to get first hand infor on how good there product is.....see you next week in NJ....

4. Collapse Details

I bought a brand new Venture triple axle aluminum 8600LBS- $3K and was told this was the reg price (BobbyB may be able to help- bought it from where he was working at)

Drums on 2 axles, winch, bunks, fits 27-29' (can go bigger with extended tounge which I have).

http://www.venturetrailers.com/aluminum.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trailer.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Thanks Mark....I talk to Bobby and see who he knows....

6. Collapse Details

Hey guys....I just wanted to give you all a update.....we are still working on the pricing for the rigging.....and one way or another we will keep the race boat fully rigged for under 50k....the engine builder has been chosen and we are waiting on the engine manufactures finnal numbers and contract....it looks like we have a trailer company on board with us here in Va. by the looks of it, part of the engine manufacures sponsorship will be that I will have to purchase at least 5 engines up front to show that the SERIES will have the boats for there money and time they will put in.....so I will do that and have them sent to our engine builder for being completed, dyno, sealed and ready for racing.....Brian has my hull all ready for me...so once the contracts are signed the rigging will begin and will be posting pics as we do it so everyone can see how it is being done on the templet and the equipment we are using.....

7. Collapse Details

Nice progress!

8. Collapse Details

We will be running the XR drive.....which with the 450 hp....that drive should have great reliability.....its a little more up front....but will be the best in the long run.....we ran the XR in F1 with the HP500 and had no problems....and the engine we are working on is proven on the race track and being run in a 18 race season at higher RPM's then we will need with great reliability......

Also in the works....I'm working on a old timer to oversee the whole engine drive package since he has many a years on this type of engine and is well respected...if I can get him...he will oversee everything that the engine builder will be doing.....since I could not get him in one of these boats....it would be great to have him overseeing everything....also the engine builder has a $50,000 dishonesty bond and a great reputation....I have talk to many guys that have ran his products and have heard nothing but great things...

More to come....

9. Collapse Details

Another thing that was decided...was the dry pipes will be run threw the transom....vice the tractor pipes....

10. Collapse Details

klaatu
    can we see it ? PLEASE

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu View Post
    can we see it ? PLEASE
    What would you like to see......

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    We will be running the XR drive.....which with the 450 hp....that drive should have great reliability.....its a little more up front....but will be the best in the long run.....we ran the XR in F1 with the HP500 and had no problems....and the engine we are working on is proven on the race track and being run in a 18 race season at higher RPM's then we will need with great reliability......

Also in the works....I'm working on a old timer to oversee the whole engine drive package since he has many a years on this type of engine and is well respected...if I can get him...he will oversee everything that the engine builder will be doing.....since I could not get him in one of these boats....it would be great to have him overseeing everything....also the engine builder has a $50,000 dishonesty bond and a great reputation....I have talk to many guys that have ran his products and have heard nothing but great things...

More to come....
    Keep pushing Gino!~ You're a shaker and mover!

13. Collapse Details

klaatu
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    What would you like to see......
    A photo of The new 26 joker hull .

14. Collapse Details

Thanks Brian......should have some new numbers by Monday on the engine deal.....

15. Collapse Details

whats the latest?

16. Collapse Details

Sorry Eddie....I went to Las Vegas for a week.....I needed to get a way with Tammy.......I have been waiting on the rigging list pricing...I have had it out there to be looked at and priced out....the numbers I have been getting are putting me over 50k....I'm going to shoot it to Tyler and see what he thinks...on the engines..you know who were going with....just waiting on the contract...they are covering the butts in every way....I have been working on my Class 5 boat since Monday...while I'm waiting on the rigging price list....Brian said he is ready....so as soon as we can get the pricing done and get it so we can do this under 50k....its a go....I have someone on my Dragon and were close...so I have also had my attention on that....
    I will keep you guys posted...sorry for the lapps....

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Gino,
    Give me a call when you can.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

18. Collapse Details

So did I miss it, or hasn't the engine manufacturer/supplier been finalized?
    This has me pretty interested.
    I just hope like HE__ you guys get some TV coverage that I get to see, or better yet, come racing where I can watch! BEST OF LUCK to yas! I miss seeing the races over here on Lake MI

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    So did I miss it, or hasn't the engine manufacturer/supplier been finalized?
    This has me pretty interested.
    I just hope like HE__ you guys get some TV coverage that I get to see, or better yet, come racing where I can watch! BEST OF LUCK to yas! I miss seeing the races over here on Lake MI
    I have to agree with ya on the engine builder thing.....It is real important to have the right trusted guy putting the motors together....This series should really take off and i am anxious to see how big it will get..(the sky is the limit)....finally a affordable way to compete on a equal playing field...
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

20. Collapse Details

The engine builder has been picked...they are very well respected in known in the industry...they are currently doing the same thing for a road Series with there engines....

I'm waiting on the engine manufacture contract....that is were the sponsorship is coming from...they are covering there ass in every way...which I'm use to when getting sponsors.....It took me 9 months to get the Coast Gaurd to draw up the final contract....we went back and forth with the wording on everything....this is no differant....I'm just glad in this economy that there are companys that are still willing to invest there money into sports.....BOA is catching all kinds of crapp about spending sponsorship monies right now.....and believe me...this company is doing the same....but its still looking good....but I will tell you this....were before a sponsorship can be decided from a lower level...now has to go threw upper management and even then be reviewed a number of times.......the benifit here is....they will have the opertunity to sell more of there product...we started with them wanting me to purchase the first 20 to 25 engines up front...so they would have a guarantee on the first 20 to 25 sales....we are down to 5....but we are both putting up an investment in something new....so yes...it is moving a lot slower then I would like it to.....but keep the faith....I will keep you all informed.....