Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsation96 View Post
    If you ride a real sled like Arctic Cat with real power Hat to throw that in The go with the Woody's also go with the BIG NUTS I used gold digger and double digger backers, works great. It has been my experience spend the extra coin and invest in good studs. Words to live by "THE CHEAP MAN PAYS TWICE" Just my .02
    I got your "real" power hanging

2. Collapse Details
    Was it something ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    I got your "real" power hanging
    THAT I posted that started a new f in REVEILOESION ! between the big "nuts" and little "nuts" and all the different "studs" I'm so over whelm

3. Collapse Details

ON A MORE serious note when I'm ready to put these studs on it would be great if one of you guys where around as I never done that before .

4. Collapse Details

If your track is 136" you should probably run 162 studs.

5. Collapse Details
    Studs - n - counts
    Quote Originally Posted by Playn View Post
    If your track is 136" you should probably run 162 studs.
    DAM seems like nobody can even agree on the amount of studs , unless I'm not getting all this my track is 136" [144 or 162 or ? ] just plan on going down the middle with the studs unless that is not fully correct,

6. Collapse Details

It's not fully correct...I learned from Andy yesterday what to do to create more scratch lines...and your studs should be closer to the rails as that is where the horsepower is transferred to the ground. When you have the sled and the hardware, I can probably help you out...we could do it at my shop if you want. Like Playn said...162 down the middle should do it. If you have 1-1/4 lugs, like Michelle, you could run 1-3/8 Studboy Powerpoints like I did...your sled is the same as hers, only a longer track.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    It's not fully correct...I learned from Andy yesterday what to do to create more scratch lines...and your studs should be closer to the rails as that is where the horsepower is transferred to the ground. When you have the sled and the hardware, I can probably help you out...we could do it at my shop if you want. Like Playn said...162 down the middle should do it. If you have 1-1/4 lugs, like Michelle, you could run 1-3/8 Studboy Powerpoints like I did...your sled is the same as hers, only a longer track.
    Good info Mike. The reason I say 144 instead of more is the 136 has a bigger foot print than a 121" track. You will have more studs on the ground than 121" track equally studded. That sled is only 130 hp +/- so I think the extra weight is not worth it.

8. Collapse Details

I think I'm going to try it with with out the studs for the first time and when I look at some of the other sleds then I should have a better under standing O.W .T. F. is going on , I've got a ton of other stuff going on with my jeep and getting the boat ready for Mo. in August, and some other *hit with the house. But Thanks once again to Everyone

9. Collapse Details

Thats not a great idea !!!!!!!

Lest us not forget,,,, they also aid with stopping on ice !!!!

10. Collapse Details

I would definately stud it but that's just my opinion...worth exactly what you paid for it. I would put 162 right down the middle. I don't believe that the extra weight in a handfull of 18 studs is much of a concern to the everyday recreational rider.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Thats not a great idea !!!!!!!

Lest us not forget,,,, they also aid with stopping on ice !!!!

I agree with Big D on this one...I would not run any sled w/o studs...just my .02

12. Collapse Details
    Studs
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    HELL THAT'S a good ideal but we cant agree on what studs so how or where or better yet WHAT KIND ! Gee we can't tell that someone is little P . O . so how can I order something an make it correct, when I do not know , I do like the ideal of somebody being around when I've got these pieces put together.. Thanks Mikey ! [sorry about going off]

13. Collapse Details

Tony,

You needs studs, period. If you talk to 100 people you will get 100 different answers on this topic.

14. Collapse Details

Tony,

You needs studs, period. If you talk to 100 people you will get 100 different answers on this topic.

I agree with you on that!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    HELL THAT'S a good ideal but we cant agree on what studs so how or where or better yet WHAT KIND ! Gee we can't tell that someone is little P . O . so how can I order something an make it correct, when I do not know , I do like the ideal of somebody being around when I've got these pieces put together.. Thanks Mikey ! [sorry about going off]
    Basicly you want the push through type 5/16" thread carbide tipped stud. Pleanty of manufactures to choose from. I've used both Studboy and Woody's. If you have a 1.25 Ripsaw I would go with 162 studs up the middle for your 136" track. If you go with Woody's then they would be 1.325" studs, and I'd go with the taller nuts and aluminum backers. I would only run them up the middle and stay away from the outside as from my experience running on the outside weakens the track (other opinions may vary). But I did end up trashing a track fully studded with 192 Studboys in the middle of the UP and had to cut a football size section out of the track to get it back to our camp (not an enjoyable day). At least I had the foresight to bring a spare sled to ride that weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-9185-1168916486.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

GOT THE NEW TOY HOME damn near of a disaster trying to get it in the driveway damn kids don't leave there keys home so the old man gets p/o again , pics to follow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2193831.jpg   YAMAHA 2004 RS1 001.JPG   YAMAHA 2004 RS1 002.JPG  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    GOT THE NEW TOY HOME damn near of a disaster trying to get it in the driveway damn kids don't leave there keys home so the old man gets p/o again , pics to follow
    yep, that's why my wife and I had extra sets that stay in a particular place made for all the vehicles. Teenagers cars make the place look like a used car lot.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Playn View Post
    Basicly you want the push through type 5/16" thread carbide tipped stud. Pleanty of manufactures to choose from. I've used both Studboy and Woody's. If you have a 1.25 Ripsaw I would go with 162 studs up the middle for your 136" track. If you go with Woody's then they would be 1.325" studs, and I'd go with the taller nuts and aluminum backers. I would only run them up the middle and stay away from the outside as from my experience running on the outside weakens the track (other opinions may vary). But I did end up trashing a track fully studded with 192 Studboys in the middle of the UP and had to cut a football size section out of the track to get it back to our camp (not an enjoyable day). At least I had the foresight to bring a spare sled to ride that weekend.
    Been there done that a twice, definately a dirty expensive job!

19. Collapse Details

Been there done that a twice, definately a dirty expensive job!
    Well it ended up being a good excuse to rebuild the skid..

20. Collapse Details

Go with Stud Boy or Woody's both top of the line when it comes to studs. Remember the cheap man pays twice and then remember that I warned you My friend bought budget studs and lets say that's what he got. I run Woody'd and have no issues and I know others that run Stud Boy and love them also. You won't regret the studs...