Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Racing View Post
    U guys better watch out, I am on Gino's throttles.(ain't scared)
    Billy....I told you not to let the cat out of the bag yet.....

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Racing View Post
    U guys better watch out, I am on Gino's throttles.(ain't scared)
    Yeah you were scared in cambridge you didnt even show since you knew i was on the throttles in Gino's boat.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    Yes close that frozen custard stand across the street from the pit's in Pt. Pleasent were George likes to hang out........
    LOL

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
    Yeah you were scared in cambridge you didnt even show since you knew i was on the throttles in Gino's boat.
    You got to love it...what better way to go out of 2008...but with a little trash talken.....

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    You got to love it...what better way to go out of 2008...but with a little trash talken.....
    Have a Happy New Year! I will try and give you a call in the next few days to catch up.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
    Have a Happy New Year! I will try and give you a call in the next few days to catch up.
    I'm leaving to head to Gatlinburg,TN in the moring till Monday...going to do some relaxing....I'll chat with you when I get back....hope your feeling better...

Happy New Years to everyone....and thanks again for all the input and support on the Series....

I have a conferance call on Friday with one of the engine manufactures again....we are very close to putting a pretty good sponsorship deal together were it will work for us and we will have the backing we will need...If things go as planned I should be announcing the engine manufacture and engine builder within the next 2 to 3 weeks....I will not make the announcment till the contracts are signed....

7. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Competitor GARBAGEMAN's Avatar
    uh Gino thats Talk-n-Trash
    what part is signature ?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN View Post
    uh Gino thats Talk-n-Trash
    Hey Jimmy.......Sorry....Talk-n-Trash...I'm still a little slow becasue of the Holidays....to much drinking.....Its sad when you have to take 4 days off to do a little drinking to recover from the drinking from the Holidays.....

9. Collapse Details

BobbyB- you should run in this series!!

10. Collapse Details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMaFLf3fiJk&NR=1 Not the Phantom I know and don't listen to the commentary.

11. Collapse Details

kirby
    Wow )
    Last edited by kirby; 01-04-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: pressure

12. Collapse Details

Check out a simular Series oversea's in the Honda Fomula 4 Series....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzKpqMuORw - 107k

13. Collapse Details

Are you looking at Stern Drives or Outboards for your Power? I would think Stern Drive would be more saleable in the States

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fastedy View Post
    Are you looking at Stern Drives or Outboards for your Power? I would think Stern Drive would be more saleable in the States
    Hey Eddie....we will be going with a stern drive....after looking at weight and options for HP the stern drive is the way to go along with the lower cost...I've been talking for the last month to the folks at GM and a engine builder on the ASA Series about there Series engines and there procedures and how they police there engines for cheating...we will be going with the the Bravo drive....as far as going with a XR or just a bravo the XR would be much more durable which you know, but again pending on how I can get everything priced out will be the outcome on which drive...
    If you don't mined ,I want to get your opion on a few things on the rigging since you have been running single engine boats for a good while now to compare with others.....I'll talk to ya soon.....

15. Collapse Details

While I'm waiting for the answer on the engines manufactures responds on my latest proposal on the engine sponsorship....I started to look for a Rig for the Series....I have been looking new but if anyone knows of any used 40 - 48 foot trailers with a 5th wheel let me know....I know John C has his 48 footer goose neck for sale and I contacted him and I know Steve M has bought one about a year ago at his shop... I'm thinking I will be able to put my Joker in the trailer and pull it in with a winch and tow it around with the Dually thats pulling the trailer....and still be able to put a spare engine in there along with some parts that we can have in the trailer...since we will all be using the same parts..I will be able to bring 1 whole rigging kit that would be going on the next boat and use any parts that are needed for that race and just reorder when I get back....or at least if some teams buy some spare parts and another team needs something...there will be a good change someone will have it......I have a company that is willing to do the rig in vinyl for around 4k as part of a sponsorship.....but if anyone knows a company that is willing to do it for less please let me know....I was told a rig that size could normally run over 10k to vinyl

Thanks

16. Collapse Details

Keep pushing Gino. We're here and ready. Love the idea of putting the boat in a trailer!

17. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    WOW!!! Things seem to be really coming along. What will the name of the Class be once it is on it's own and not in Class 6? Would love to see a Birth of a 26' Joker thread like I did for Randy quite a few years back. Keep up all the hard work Gino and congrats to all involved.

DPT
    YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THIS SH*T UP!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

I'm leaving to head to Gatlinburg,TN in the moring till Monday...going to do some relaxing....I'll chat with you when I get back....hope your feeling better...

Happy New Years to everyone....and thanks again for all the input and support on the Series....

I have a conferance call on Friday with one of the engine manufactures again....we are very close to putting a pretty good sponsorship deal together were it will work for us and we will have the backing we will need...If things go as planned I should be announcing the engine manufacture and engine builder within the next 2 to 3 weeks....I will not make the announcment till the contracts are signed....
    WOW, this has really taken shape quickly for ya gino.......I am sure it has been a lot of work and well worth it.....I cant wait to see ya guys run in O.C.........That was the first place i raced at....That is were i realized how important it is to have a engine builder that has race support.....Frank (scorpion racing engines) flew there to support us in our first race he had two other boats their beside ours and spent most of the time helping each of us as much as he could....He is at a lot of races for the teams that run his motors, great guy and a knowledgeable as they come.....Good luck and keep us posted.....
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

19. Collapse Details

Congrats Gino! Finally someone with a plan. Looks like you have all the bases covered. Best of luck to you in this new endeavor.

Trent

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS View Post
    WOW!!! Things seem to be really coming along. What will the name of the Class be once it is on it's own and not in Class 6? Would love to see a Birth of a 26' Joker thread like I did for Randy quite a few years back. Keep up all the hard work Gino and congrats to all involved.

DPT
    DPT.....That is a great idea...once we get started I will start a thread with the boat being rigged....as far as the name of the Series...I will be giving the Series name to the biggest sponsor for that year...like NASCAR dose...like the NEXTEL SERIES and SPRINT SERIES.....I have included a 2 year deal to both the engines manufactures for the Series name with there sponsorship and my requirements...so the first 2 years it will be one of them....after that I will give them first rights for a new contracts and accociate sponsors will be located right after the race number on the boat.....and will be done on a yearly bases....as far as the name of the Series...like NASCAR....Brian H has given me the rights to ORL that he started and I'm looking at a few other names...I will pick a name by the end of Feb. so my accountant can put together the LLC for the Series....

Thanks for the input...