Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    ok..somebody please explain to me, just how this is going to work ('im not saying it wont, just trying to understand) an org. (powerboat p1) is going to come here ( a place with more orgs and classes than boats) and spend a gazillion dollars adding another org and even more classes to get racers to play. And it has people so excited they want to change the names of their classes... some people seem to be on their knees with their arms outstretched singing hallaluya.... Maybe Im wrong (I hope so) but whats in it for powerboat p-1 besides hemmoraghhing cash? I don't know boat racing that well thus I am asking for an explination, but usually when something is so wildly heralded as the second comming shows up, it's usually followed by the anti-christ and great discontent as unreal expectations are not met.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Were you running a 6?

I've never heard the Bravo was as strong, just that they are as fast as the tall ratio 6 around the course.

In the long run, (over a season or two), I've always wondered if the 6 wouldn't be cheaper in the heavier boats because of breakage. However, in SVL, hearing of a broken drive seems to be almost never.
    I guess you never talk to Randy.......

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    ok i,ll try a differant approch,, someone has 3 apples to give away!!! one to someone who has a single engine canopy v hull,,,and one to someone who has a twin engine canopy hull,, and the last one goes to someone who has a twin open cockpit v hull..thats it no more apples...you know you can,t tell a man who to give his apples to !!if you have any other kind of boat great,,,you got SBI,,,OPA,,,POPRA,,OSS..plenty of other options.. simple,,, if you want an apple,, well now you know what to do !!
    that raises a good question. who decided that there was only 3 apples and that the extra apple (other 2 apples were already spoken for=evo & supersport) was going to be for SVL ?

like trent points out, it doesn't seem logical to give the apple to "one of the weaker classes". theres far more single engine open boats that would seem to be a better direction. both because of obvious current boat count and manufacture representation ( the ability to have a class to show off single engine vees boat manufactures).

what fruit or veggies do the other orgs have ????????

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    dave ,,please read the P-1 press release,it tells who owns the apples and who their giving them to ,,I think it is under the Matt Tullio thread..it will help you understand more.
    Please note, their not my apples,,lolol
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    [QUOTE=Wahoo 214;423555]
    I can see why SVL wants in. They dont have an Org to run with and they don't want to change their boats or let any new tech in.

..............Once again , TRUTH sets it straight . Thank you

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    dave ,,please read the P-1 press release,it tells who owns the apples and who their giving them to ,,I think it is under the Matt Tullio thread..it will help you understand more.
    Please note, their not my apples,,lolol
    offshore racing needs a fruit basket not a bag with just 3 apples

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    [QUOTE=mdkeywest;423693]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I can see why SVL wants in. They dont have an Org to run with and they don't want to change their boats or let any new tech in.

SVL bring it. You want to bring your own engine? Drive? Bring it! Leave the excuses at home. We want to race.

The only tech needed is a torque meter and a scale in P1. Oh and the purse.. Bring it.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=mdkeywest;423693]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post

Kinda a misnomer. They have the most boats of any non-GPS class out there, and are still growing. Why should they change the rules? That's what has killed every other class there was.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

if they can bring 7~10 boats...they dont need an org. races went off last year with 15 boats... if you have that many boats, pick your races, if an org doesn't welcome you with open arms for a race or two, that org is suicidal....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

10. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    wahoo knows were racing with him,,,,as for the other 2 well they just been very missinformed.. sorry we didn,t call and let you 2 know whats going on in our furture.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ratickle;423736]
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post

Kinda a misnomer. They have the most boats of any non-GPS class out there, and are still growing. Why should they change the rules? That's what has killed every other class there was.
    I agree, so lets take the GPS out and bring A and B class back !!!!!!

THATS RACING WITH 30-50 Boats in 2 classes.
    Even the F1+2 would fit in.
    Make all open single engine boats a HP/WEIGHT ratio class and u would get 50 boats.

But ,,,,sorry, this is all about SVL the lonsom 10 !!!!!!
    Just because they don't have an org to run with, or don't whant to spend fees if they could............just like mdkeywest said.....sorry, its the truth.

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Asif Rangoonwala - passion and power http://www.bluechipmag.com/bc/popula...php?popular=40

“It’s the challenge of the business model, I just love the concept. It’s not rocket science –it’s about hard work and building, explains Asif. He elaborates on the challenges currently faced by the industry, “The problem with this industry is that it is top-down and not bottom-up. Right now it’s the play of a few people at the top, that doesn’t work, you’ve got to build from the bottom. That means going back to the level of yacht clubs, marinas and having races on a local regional base, then you go on a national base, then you come to the P1 level which is the world championship. Right now that doesn’t exist so it means clawing back and getting on board a strategic investor who can see the same vision.”

He highlights the benefits the revenues generated can have for marine conservation and research and development: “The marine industry is valued at about $1 trillion a year. What are they doing for it? Today most of the development in the car industry has come from Formula 1. What are they doing about marine technology? Nothing.”

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Asif Rangoonwala - passion and power http://www.bluechipmag.com/bc/popula...php?popular=40

“It’s the challenge of the business model, I just love the concept. It’s not rocket science –it’s about hard work and building, explains Asif. He elaborates on the challenges currently faced by the industry, “The problem with this industry is that it is top-down and not bottom-up. Right now it’s the play of a few people at the top, that doesn’t work, you’ve got to build from the bottom. That means going back to the level of yacht clubs, marinas and having races on a local regional base, then you go on a national base, then you come to the P1 level which is the world championship. Right now that doesn’t exist so it means clawing back and getting on board a strategic investor who can see the same vision.”

He highlights the benefits the revenues generated can have for marine conservation and research and development: “The marine industry is valued at about $1 trillion a year. What are they doing for it? Today most of the development in the car industry has come from Formula 1. What are they doing about marine technology? Nothing.”
    ???? OK ......what does this have to do with SVL boats ????????????

U gonna test a hull that basically hasn't changed in 10-15 years of the 3-4 manufactures ???????
    Or the canopy ,,,that is basically the same on most of them ????

I think actually that F1+2 or other open boats would be more beneficiary for a task of testing on Sunday what sells on Monday.........since the people are not going to buy canopy boats for there pleasure !!!!!

But , hey....maybe i am wrong. LOL

14. Collapse Details

Does not have anything to do with SVL. The man behind P1. Kinda hard to believe someone wealthy wants to spend it on racing.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Does not have anything to do with SVL. The man behind P1. Kinda hard to believe someone wealthy wants to spend it on racing.
    COOL, i guess we are all up for that .LOL

16. Collapse Details

As for SVL they (p1) found us. We ( the svl class) didn't go asking them to make us a class.

Sometimes it takes a forsale sign to change classes

17. Collapse Details

ok now that everybody's panties are in a wad, take 5 seconds and think about what George and the SVL fleet are doing. They are rallying around one another and creating a better environment, for themselves, which in turn protects their investments. Instead of whining and complaining we all should take notes and look out in the shop and see where our boats fit in and rally amongst those teams in the same class as well.

I might be wrong, but this(P1 USA) is Martin's show at this point and if the option he presents to all of us works for you, then go 4 it. If not then go back to what you feel works best for your team and/or sponsor. At least we have options, but my opinion is that martin and P1 is going for quality, not necessarily quantity.

Opa is putting a hell of a program together for the upcoming season. Plus I am sure that the ole wylie veteran of offshore(JC) will come up with something besides the crabs for this year that will entice racers to come out.

Maybe George's apple example wasnt the best yet, but after 2 minutes speaking directly with him, I understand fully what he means and fully support what he is trying to do for his class and support him to the fullest. I challenge anyone on here to do the same for their respective classes. Hell if I put in 10% of the effort that he is putting in to SVL, I would be racing against Geico this year in my new Mystic. (Disclaimer:I do not have a new Mystic, trying to make a point)

I think Frank said it best, all JC, Smitty, Brad, and Martin can do is offer us a package, its up to the racers to get it together and get on the same page.

As far as my application is concerned, ok its a tweener in P class. I obviously created a pwr to wgt proposal for 13 different v classes to fit under 4 umbrellas that you guys shot down pretty quick like, so I have decisions to make, but I guess whatever Martin is putting together must be something worth listening to or there wouldnt be so many people feeling left out.

Good luck to all of you this season, where ever you chose to race and most importantly be safe!!

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    I still wonder what happened to all that unity talk from 09 ????

Ok, SBI,OPA,OSS,P1 ....who else wants to start a org ?????

More to chose from,,,mmmhhhhh,, is that the point of unifying the sport ????

I am in the middle of building a reliable package and engine ( ok i said that a few times now, LOL, but i am building it brand new and from people that know what there doing )....... but now???????

I think i should stop and just wait ?????

VERY CONFUSING !!!!!!!

ALL I KNOW IS I WANT TO GO RACE ,,,,, AND NOT BY MY SELF !!!!!

SO ??????? UNIFY WHAT ?????? THE 3-4 ORG'S .......mmmmmmhhhhhh like that's gonna happen , maybe in 10 years ...if that.

maybe i should build a ORG, the broke racer organization ,,, i bet there are more out there then people who keep wanting to trow money away all the time.
    CHANGING rules, org's, and on and on .......i kind of get tired of reading all these ideas and plans , but in the end nothing has changed except the flag or name we race under !!!!!!

Like i said , very confusing !
    maybe somebody can help me understand all this , because after 3 years active and involved since 1996 i still don't get the point.
    Am i stupid ????
    Or is there no point ?

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    In this thread ,as happens in most, by the time they burn out ,the original theme is long gone . My participation included .

You are missing an important elemant in ALL of these discussions .

Its not all about you !

You say we are not a hobby sport . Yet you continue to act so .

If you want the " fans " to embrace you then listen to what we want .

A. fewer classes

B. more boats in each class .

c. if possible one mother org .

Most of you on here are the best of the best in this arena .No one is disputing that .
    You keep up with technology .
    seem to push forward hard on safety , especially after a loss .

You just dont seem to get the basic idea that we need you all on the same page .

If you want us to unify as fans and follow you , Will you please unify and give us what we want to see .

There are enough of you to build big teams together rather than all these little teams that fall apart and disapear in what seems to be a three year deal . MIKE G .
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 01-25-2010 at 04:45 PM.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    but I guess whatever Martin is putting together must be something worth listening to or there wouldnt be so many people feeling left out. Trent
    That's a very interesting viewpoint......

As I've said before, Martin's Been There Done That, from every aspect of the sport all over the world. Someone who's knowledge of the sport I trust. When it's unveiled, I'll be watching.....

Can't wait....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!