Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1210
  1. Collapse Details

registered
    Good way of looking at it. The difference here is that the government not only told him to steal it, but they rewarded him for it.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    I hear both of you and dont disagree.

But if I leave my car running while I run in the store. And someone steals it.

I may be stupid ( STEVE ...LEAVE THIS ALONE) but the other guy is the thief.

If a loans officer is allowed to loan to 90% and the cornrow sitting in front of him hasnt a job or the potential of one , he's only giving the person money for personal greed .

If that all started with Clinton why didnt it get fixed in the subsequent 8 years?
    Cat No way would I defend Bush on this one!
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Obviously there were a number of mis-steps inside the Bush administration. There are mis-steps inside of every presidency. But taking into account the last two years of his lame duck presidency included a Democratically-controlled Congress, it could have been worse.

Everyone keeps side-stepping this point- the economy turned south on the real estate market which by domino effect killed housing and retail. And wasn't it the Dems leading the charge on 100% home ownership?
    Absolutely not, they always just follow, if there's money and botes in it

It was a grand Bush scheme, and a HUGE part of his ownership society. It started in 2001 right out of the blocks. In 2006, Goldman was in a terrific position. Their leader was Treasury Secretary, and they were selling off their leveraged securities. After that was done, they shorted the chit out of them, including the ones they sold to customers.

The Dems jumped in to lend support if it produced votes and spending.

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    So today he stands before the Republicans and asks to work with them? Is this guy really that stupid?

Cast all the blame on them then go there with your hand out? Say the partisanship has to stop? Is this guy really that stupid?

Where was this conversation a year ago? Ahh, you see now that he has lost his 60 votes he HAS to get the R's involved. The R's will have a field day with this. Should be interesting.
    Yeah, yeah... the repubs have been sooooo bipartisan since he took office.

I bet they wish they hadn't allowed cameras in there- he made them look more stupid than they are.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Yeah, yeah... the repubs have been sooooo bipartisan since he took office.

I bet they wish they hadn't allowed cameras in there- he made them look more stupid than they are.
    There is no reason for them to be bi-partisan. And, hopefully they never will be. There are not many Americans who believe the President, or Congress, have any good ideas for this country or us. Only that they are self-serving and will do nothing that is not good for themselves in the end.

I believe the same.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    There is no reason for them to be bi-partisan. And, hopefully they never will be. There are not many Americans who believe the President, or Congress, have any good ideas for this country or us. Only that they are self-serving and will do nothing that is not good for themselves in the end.

I believe the same.
    Would that be sort of like Cheney convincing George into blowing the sh!t out of Iraq and then having all his cronies go over there and clean it all up?

All on your dime.

7. Collapse Details

Guys hate to break up this intelligent polite debate...but resistance should have been huge below 10100.We are one speech or interview away from the dow in the 9sThe dollar should drop over the weekend so Monday may be up if not next week will be nasty.

8. Collapse Details

S&p 1000
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

9. Collapse Details

Amazing the Dow is over 6000 considering the fundamentals.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    The fundamentals aren't bad really. The stock market is about companies, not about people's problems

What I find amazing is how few commented on the terrible stock market from 2001 through 2008. Now there's a record to be proud of. Continuing this partisan rant, do the liberals think that the rebound in the one-year performances are the result of Obama, or the economy coming back?

Do Obama haters think the market's performance under 8 years of Bush are the result of tax cuts and deregulation, or are they Barney Frank's fault?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    The fundamentals aren't bad really. The stock market is about companies, not about people's problems

What I find amazing is how few commented on the terrible stock market from 2001 through 2008. Now there's a record to be proud of. Continuing this partisan rant, do the liberals think that the rebound in the one-year performances are the result of Obama, or the economy coming back?

Do Obama haters think the market's performance under 8 years of Bush are the result of tax cuts and deregulation, or are they Barney Frank's fault?
    LOL what companies? 17% Unemployment! Which ones the banks buying smaller ones with government/taxpayer money or Sachs with the Huge computer trading scam getting caught tweeking the numbers remember the 3:30 PM Drop everyday.

12. Collapse Details

VT Sorry to break your bubble but here, Wake up and read this!

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Dougherty/jan222010.html

13. Collapse Details

Yeah Steve, I talked a bit about the trading scams, the little guy getting screwed, how 401K's were set up for the benefit of the mutual fund industry. I also watched as the middle class was used and abused, while new de-reg laws were touted as being good for working families. Amazing stuff. The funny part is that some of the middle class still believes some of that crap.

People should have been paying attention all along, not just when their guy is out of office. There exist today two ideologies that gain all the power and attention. Both are wrong in many ways. A famous quote (or paraphrase)

Some have said that this is class warfare. If true, I'm here today to tell you that my class is winning.

Warren Buffett

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    Yeah Steve, I talked a bit about the trading scams, the little guy getting screwed, how 401K's were set up for the benefit of the mutual fund industry. I also watched as the middle class was used and abused, while new de-reg laws were touted as being good for working families. Amazing stuff. The funny part is that some of the middle class still believes some of that crap.

People should have been paying attention all along, not just when their guy is out of office. There exist today two ideologies that gain all the power and attention. Both are wrong in many ways. A famous quote (or paraphrase)

Some have said that this is class warfare. If true, I'm here today to tell you that my class is winning.

Warren Buffett
    And he is one of O's advisors......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post

Ultra-ignorant statement. I love you for it.

16. Collapse Details

Ok, Found an interesting rant on Craig'sList that should keep this thread moving. I'll post the intro, then a link to avoid a massive thread entry. It makes so much sense.

WHY you keep getting screwed-- MR. (Tea Party Patriot)
    You should be angry. You're getting screwed.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rnr/1574293261.html

17. Collapse Details

I don't think anyone is against healthcare reform; the opposition is to the entitlements and pork contained in the plan. Does anyone really think the plan as proposed will actually save money just because a politician says so? Great lower healthcare cost and raise taxes to pay for it? Do you really believe that insuring millions of additional people at no cost to them is going to save the working man money? How?
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

18. Collapse Details

Do you really believe that insuring millions of additional people at no cost to them is going to save the working man money? How?
    That's kind of the point. Currently, all of the uninsured, including illegal aliens ARE fully covered. They walk right into the hospital and get help. In fact, if they have the flu, which would normally take some medicine at a low price, they walk into the hospital, get teh medicine and then the insurance companies, the state and the people who pay insurance premiums pick up the huge bill for their visit.

We are paying for them. So I ask you, do you like the status quo? Or would you prefer something that brings your cost down as well?

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    I don't think anyone is against healthcare reform; the opposition is to the entitlements and pork contained in the plan. Does anyone really think the plan as proposed will actually save money just because a politician says so? Great lower healthcare cost and raise taxes to pay for it? Do you really believe that insuring millions of additional people at no cost to them is going to save the working man money? How?
    I agree when you look at it that way only.
    But isnt there some cost controls and some regulations to control insurance companies etc built into it too??

20. Collapse Details

At least the bill does something about uninsured and illegals getting everything for free and sticking it to the paying people. Stick it to the government instead. Status quo costs you and me more money. I may not like the government being involved, but I;m not stupid. I want to pay less.