Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    I think the show is starting to get crazy cus people recognize them and know who they are, and figure if i fight them and win ill look like the chit!
    I'm pretty sure the show was filmed and edited months ago and these clowns have been back to their lives for months.

2. Collapse Details

No kidding, those chicks on there are intolerable. It's no wonder they are always getting clocked.

3. Collapse Details

I strongly suspect the show is "rigged" like Jerry Springer. The fights seem staged (although that girl getting punched was probably real) and the "drama" in the house seems very exaggerated. Notice "no cellphones, texting, computers?" The show is scripted and they seem to add their own bits and pieces when they can.

The bar guy tormenting "the shore" group was a trailer for days before it aired, leading me to believe the fight was staged with the two girls trash talking as the warm up/ undercard of the event.

4. Collapse Details

I don't know how much would have to be staged. I think there's plenty of animosity from the locals about being over-run every summer with kids looking to raise hell in their town. Especially a bunch of juiced-up city boys nailing the local girls. Now, add some camera crews sent in to make these clowns famous, then get them all drunked up... No surprise there isn't a line of people waiting for a shot at the title.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm pretty sure the show was filmed and edited months ago and these clowns have been back to their lives for months.
    True, but people see the lights and the cameras and you get these idiots that will do just about anything to get on camera. I would imagine that most people that were regulars (or residents) to that area knew MTV was filming a show and some might be so inclined to try to get on the show, by any means necessary.

For fun (and good laughs) my buddy writes up his power rankings each week and rates each cast member on their "performance" each show. I suspect Ronnie will have the top ranking this week.

6. Collapse Details

A few things I noticed:
    Angelina was dating married guy and got dumped/couldn't get any other action so she bailed.
    Sammi is trying to be a party girl/ fun girl but stuck to Ronnie like glue so she wouldn't come off as a whooore like the other two.
    Jwow is trying to come off as a badazz whoore that punishes men for banging her but in reality she has an uncle/step dad that has been tapping that for years......
    Vinny is a wannabe guido, can't compete with the GTL (gym, tan, laundry) routine. Seems the most normal of the kids which is why he is least memorable on the show.
    Ronnie- muscles, no rap and not real bright. Take away the muscles and there is nothing going on.
    Mike "the situation" isn't closing 5% of the deals he thinks he is entitled to. He has a future in selling used cars to old ladies. Anytime there is a fight he is a spectator from a distance!
    Pauly D is just a guy running on redline of his abilities. He is polite with a funny one liner squeezed when he can. He has the hair, muscles and tats but is still almost a 30 year old guy living in his mothers basement trying to be a player. He will own a local pizzeria and tell "shore stories" to anyone that will listen. He is probably closing more deals than anyone on the show.....
    Snooki- 4 ft retard. She is trying to hook up but the chance of getting herpes seems too high for most of her "friends." She runs her mouth way too much for a girl that is 4'9 and chubby....leaving her wide open for fights/insults.

7. Collapse Details

I don't know how much would have to be staged. I think there's plenty of animosity from the locals about being over-run every summer with kids looking to raise hell in their town. Especially a bunch of juiced-up city boys nailing the local girls. Now, add some camera crews sent in to make these clowns famous, then get them all drunked up... No surprise there isn't a line of people waiting for a shot at the title.
    True to an extent.... the local girls can't stand the riff-raff just as much as the rest of us (at least the ones I grew up with)...so they pretty much inbreed...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    True to an extent.... the local girls can't stand the riff-raff just as much as the rest of us (at least the ones I grew up with)...so they pretty much inbreed...
    Are you telling me that some of the local talent doesn't fall for the romantic fantasy of being whisked away to Staten Island?

9. Collapse Details

Producers tried paying a friend of a friend to start some crap in bamboo. He didn't bite. Very scripted acting there , not real for sure.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    Producers tried paying a friend of a friend to start some crap in bamboo. He didn't bite. Very scripted acting there , not real for sure.
    bingo!

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    True, but people see the lights and the cameras and you get these idiots that will do just about anything to get on camera. I would imagine that most people that were regulars (or residents) to that area knew MTV was filming a show and some might be so inclined to try to get on the show, by any means necessary.
    They should have followed you and your crew around Key West- had blockbuster written all over it.

12. Collapse Details

Are you telling me that some of the local talent doesn't fall for the romantic fantasy of being whisked away to Staten Island?

just spit mountin dew all over the screen. thanks for that.
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    They should have followed you and your crew around Key West- had blockbuster written all over it.
    Haha...yeah, good for TV, bad for my career. I like to live two seperate lives, my personal and professional and I do my best to keep both of them seperate. My 15 mins of fame is not worth me loosing credibility at my job. Good thing none of my colleagues come on here!

I hope the cast members enjoy their 15 mins of fame, because after it’s up they will no longer be relevant and will forever be known as "those tools" from that MTV show. Forget about a professional career, and I can tell you now those idiots are not smart enough to parlay this into something bigger. I've seen morons make it big doing stupid chit (think Johnny Knoxville) but these kids have nothing going for them. I hope they consider keeping there jobs selling shirts to other likewise tool bags.

14. Collapse Details

Haha...yeah, good for TV, bad for my career. I like to live two seperate lives, my personal and professional and I do my best to keep both of them seperate. .
    What happens at Ricks... right?

15. Collapse Details

What happens at Ricks... right?
    Yeah, what happens in Key West stays in Key West.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Harmless fun...harmless fun...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

17. Collapse Details

+1

See you soon or there
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

18. Collapse Details

I know nothing, but has anybody got any more Dixie Cups???

19. Collapse Details

You are spot on. But unfortunately the show is spot on as well. I live 15 mins from Seaside and these are exactly whats in the bars and clubs every weekend all summer long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
    MTV has sunk to a new low here and I didn't think that was possible after all these "love" shows. Sad thing is, many people outside Jersey think this is a real portrayal of the Jersey Shore. All it is, is a microscopic group (mostly from NY and Staten Island) in Seaside Heights / Belmar.
    They are like locusts, they invade for a few weeks, wreak havoc, and leave a scar to all the rest of the area!
    Ok I am done ranting!
    Bernie Neuhaus-Sr Loan Officer
    Freedom Mortgage
    bernie.neuhaus@freedommortgage.com

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    So who has the OL that was at F Cove about to pork the small mouth chick?
    a personal friend of mine owns the OL and lent it to a mutual friend of ours. My buddy's sister that borrowed it worked with the production crew on this show. there were a few mutual acquiantences of ours on the OL as well as aboard Kurt Berger's (Kurts Marine) boat.
    Bernie Neuhaus-Sr Loan Officer
    Freedom Mortgage
    bernie.neuhaus@freedommortgage.com