Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by salesmanship View Post
    i'll add it to the price. Just don't let bob know.

wait a minute its my money buying the boat not bobs now i have to think twice about this. This sounds like a snowball deal if i ever heard one. Lol we might do it we need to sit down and see...
    Oh ya the ride we had sat morning with one of the worst hang overs was a seller.
    BOATING BABYYYY

NJPPC COMMITEE MEMBER
    www.njppc.com
    www.njboa.org

2. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by BOJOE2 View Post
    wait a minute its my money buying the boat not bobs now i have to think twice about this. This sounds like a snowball deal if i ever heard one. Lol we might do it we need to sit down and see...
    Oh ya the ride we had sat morning with one of the worst hang overs was a seller.
    Joe,
    Don't forget to include another year with S-I as part of the deal....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blume View Post
    Thats not totally true, Bill's boat is 38' long with no bustle and Albert's boat is 47'7" with a bustle. So if you look at the running surface it's closer to 4' to 4.5' difference not 10'.

http://marinetechnologyinc.com/Windo...s/48_Race.html

http://www.skaterpowerboats.com/skater388rp.html
    What I listed were the models, not the specs. Interesting to note that at the 2009 LOTO Shootout PP ran an impessive 171 while the CMS 48 MTI ran 177. It is a canopy though. I guess getting them dialed in makes a difference too. Either way it's all good stuff.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

4. Collapse Details

Yeah it is very interesting Tommy! Whats more interesting is how fast that MTI came out of the start box the last run of the day!
    Some days your the fist and some days your the face!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BOJOE2 View Post
    Nuts I was hoping you guys wouldn't see that post. Darn internet!
    Nor-Tech Hi-Performance Boats
    Cape Coral, Florida

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    What I listed were the models, not the specs. Interesting to note that at the 2009 LOTO Shootout PP ran an impessive 171 while the CMS 48 MTI ran 177. It is a canopy though. I guess getting them dialed in makes a difference too. Either way it's all good stuff.
    Cms went through the traps on it's last run at 90 to run that speed.it also has around a 43 ft running surface

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gatorone View Post
    Cms went through the traps on it's last run at 90 to run that speed.it also has around a 43 ft running surface
    And there you have it.........

Keep it up Bill. See you in Havasu!

Erik

8. Collapse Details
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorone View Post
    That brings up an interesting question, does having a canopy increase the speed over a open cockpit boat?? And if it does by how much?

9. Collapse Details

Aerodynamics are a huge factor over 100mph in any vehicle. I would equate an open cockpit boat to a large convertible or pickup truck bed.

10. Collapse Details
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
    Aerodynamics are a huge factor over 100mph in any vehicle. I would equate an open cockpit boat to a large convertible or pickup truck bed.
    so how many MPH do you think it would slow a open cockpit down at 170mph+ compaired to a canopy boat?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blume View Post
    so how many MPH do you think it would slow a open cockpit down at 170mph+ compaired to a canopy boat?
    Give an enclosed cockpit 10 mph in the low 100's and give it 20 mph at the upper 100's.

Look at the SCL boats with the 525's and compare their ultimate speed to the same brands with an open cockpit. You'll see about 10 mph difference.

If Pure Platinum had an enclosed cockpit 388 he'd (if desired) would be able to hit 200 fairly easily. Not saying he cannot at this time but the enclosed cockpit adds a sense (note it is only a sense) of security that would allow someone to push it harder if desired.

12. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=gatorone;446178]Cms went through the traps on it's last run at 90 to run that speed.it also has around a 43 ft running surface[/QUOTE

Bill is correct on both

13. Collapse Details

Bill,

Does not matter what anyone else says it it one great boat you have both in speed and in style

Congrats to you and Peter for putting together a fantastic boat that has everyone talking

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Bill,

Does not matter what anyone else says it it one great boat you have both in speed and in style

Congrats to you and Peter for putting together a fantastic boat that has everyone talking
    +1!

15. Collapse Details

Off topic a bit If you have a motorcycle ducking down gives you a couple miles per hour So a canopy must make a huge difference over 100mph

16. Collapse Details

I thought myth busters rebuffed that tailgate up vs. down thing? I don't understand how (regarding the tailgate) but I'm certain a canopy is faster than an open.

Skater / MTI ; Canopy vs. Open ; Running Surface 38 vs 43 ; Shootout 171 vs 177; Start Speed 30 vs. 90; PP 186 mph ; like I said...it's allll good.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

17. Collapse Details

Mythbusters proved that the tailgate up created a curling effect that was better than leaving it down however it still created drag. The best was to put a cover over it.

18. Collapse Details

Mythbusters proved that the tailgate up created a curling effect that was better than leaving it down however it still created drag. The best was to put a cover over it.
    I thought the Air gate was best??
    Forget Lightspeed go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!

19. Collapse Details

Ya cause I dont think you woud run your car in the 1/4 with the windows down!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by detail toyz View Post
    run your car in the 1/4 with the windows down!
    Since you bring up the 1/4 mile though. Remember dragsters in I guess the early 90's went to an enclosed cockpit as well trying wheel covers only to go back to open wheels and open cockpit