Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    ???
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    The boat leaves tomorrow morning!!!!! We will start it up and check everything when we get there on Fri. Big Eddy and YO Natoli will be in the rig driving down. Trophy Bitc$ cant make this run and will be missed when I get my Trophy. Jimmy had to have a unexpected surgery on his leg. it was going numb a lot and he found out he had bad blood circulation and needed a stint to open up the blood flow. He just had it done yesterday and will have to miss this one. Send him a hello if you get a chance I know he reads the forums. I have to get back to loading the rig for the crew.
    Welcome Dr. Janson I look forward to racing you and your son. I have 2 girls I am trying to brain wash to get in my boat when they get older. Mom says no and I say you cant lose with dad!!! Its so cool to familys,husbands and wifes,Bruce and Larry all race together.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

3. Collapse Details

ooo I thought when you said u had two girls you wanted to get in your boat,,you wanted Jenni and Shellie to go get you a trophy,,sorry I missed understood,,

4. Collapse Details

No, You got it right!
    MD

5. Collapse Details

see ya friday .!! be afraid ,,,,,be very very a fraid !!!!

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Question...does merc still sell sealed 525's
    and if the racers have the rules,,,where can a builder get them or look them up ????

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Coming fast....It is here.. No more time for preparation...

I am starting to get light on my toes... Can't wait to get in my truck and leave..

One more day.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Coming fast....It is here.. No more time for preparation...

I am starting to get light on my toes... Can't wait to get in my truck and leave..

One more day.
    Lucky Bastage's......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

This has got to be one of the most anticipated races in history (OK my history)I so wish I could be there.Unfortunately I'm still trying to get my latest project in the water for next weekend.Somebody please keep this thread updated as the weekend transpires.Trophy,couldnt they set up a gurney with a private nurse for ya in the back of the doghouse?Get well soon buddy!

10. Collapse Details

Everyone have fun and be safe out there. I know Doc is looking forward to racing with all you dedicated SVL guys. I spoke with him this morning. Your competitiveness, professionalism and attitude toward growing the sport is the reason he decided to build the Fountain in the first place.

He could have kicked back and raced the Stampede Super V all season, but instead he wanted to go where the action was and join a great group of racers by building a competitive boat with a company he's comfortable with—this isn't his first Fountain. He has pleasure boats, a fishing boat and now two race boats.

Best of luck in Biloxi. And congrats on the P1 partnership, it's nice to see the concept embraced by a class already.

Not sure if anyone of you guys read my blog on Powerboat's site, but my last one was about the SVL class ...
    http://powerboatmag.com/jason-johnson-s-blog/

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Wow, that's a great write up u done !!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JaJo View Post
    Everyone have fun and be safe out there. I know Doc is looking forward to racing with all you dedicated SVL guys. I spoke with him this morning. Your competitiveness, professionalism and attitude toward growing the sport is the reason he decided to build the Fountain in the first place.

He could have kicked back and raced the Stampede Super V all season, but instead he wanted to go where the action was and join a great group of racers by building a competitive boat with a company he's comfortable with—this isn't his first Fountain. He has pleasure boats, a fishing boat and now two race boats.

Best of luck in Biloxi. And congrats on the P1 partnership, it's nice to see the concept embraced by a class already.

Not sure if anyone of you guys read my blog on Powerboat's site, but my last one was about the SVL class ...
    http://powerboatmag.com/jason-johnson-s-blog/
    I hate to bring this up again but has the Fountain been approved to race SVL? It sure would suck to drive all that way only to find out your "not approved"

13. Collapse Details

It will be racing in Biloxi.

14. Collapse Details

Rick ,,it has to meet all the specs and we have to measure it ,so it kind of has to be their,,we were told it came out of a 33 mold ,,and we have all the Fountain measurements ie,,,length,,width ect,,,it must maintain the dedicaded mold measurements..Fountain knows the rules i,m sure it is fine,,can,t wait to see it !!

15. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Safe Racing, our friends!

Julie & Matt
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

16. Collapse Details

Big Ed, YO Natoli and a great Dane have left the shop. They are both smiling and driving!
    MD

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Rick ,,it has to meet all the specs and we have to measure it ,so it kind of has to be their,,we were told it came out of a 33 mold ,,and we have all the Fountain measurements ie,,,length,,width ect,,,it must maintain the dedicaded mold measurements..Fountain knows the rules i,m sure it is fine,,can,t wait to see it !!
    That is great news. Congrats on having a new boat built for your class. That is an accomplishment.
    Last edited by Wahoo 214; 05-19-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

18. Collapse Details

George,

In fairness to the new team, when I offered my advice the other day, I assumed the new SVL project was your baby and that either you or the existing SVL owners voted on the rules. It appears that in fact you all are running under the OSS rulebook.

Accordingly, the OSS rules do not say anything about length, width, etc. measurements. None of the old APBA Offshore rules which did strictly manage those items, remain, and the only OSS rule dealing with boats that I could find is this one:

"19. Approval of Equipment
    a. Boats and engines must be approved by the OSS Technical Committee. All
    hulls must be produced from a dedicated mold. One of a kind boats, are not
    allowed. All changes to the dedicated mold must be approved by OSS."

This is an old poorly worded rule that Mike Tomlinson probably put back in the book, but it is inherently contradictory, as most of Mike's rule writing efforts were back in the day. It only requires that the hull be produced from a dedicated mold. It says nothing about decks and clearly the deck on the race boat comes no where near the 33' Lightning pleasure deck. Under this rule the clearly one-off race deck is thus legal even with the "one of a kind boat" clause, which as I explain below, is essentially meaningless.

I guarantee you that Fountain will be prepared to demonstrate that the hull came from a quote, unquote "dedicated" mold. "Dedicated" is not a defined term and in the past has been construed broadly to allow the insertion of dams, blocks, etc. Under this specific rule, therefore, if changes were made to the dedicated hull mold to produce a narrower hull and/or one with reduced freeboard, and those changes are approved by OSS, whoever constitutes OSS these days, the hull is legal. You can rest assured the hull mold changes, if any, have been or will be approved by OSS.

The one of a kind boat rule is meaningless because Fountain will say that this boat is not one of a kind, but rather, the first of a new "racing" or poker run line. That will be enough under this obsolete, poorly crafted rule.

So if you are running OSS rules and relying on Mike Tomlinson to bounce the new Fountain out of the class because it does not measure up with the pleasure 33' Lightning, I suggest you leave your measuring tape in your truck.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    I don't know Mike...why u are keeping to bring this up..i spoke to many builders today about a 29-32 foot SVL with sealed 525 and bravo/imco drive...they all said the same ..it would not make a differents in on what hull...u will never ever get a boat like that with this weight to run above 96-98 MPH...if u do ..you cheated on the engine ..not on the hull !!!!!!!!!!!

Will Smith said the same thing and i think tats why all of them run high 80's out of the box and then with fine tuning on prop , drive height and all that CAN reach 95ish !!!!

That being said ,,,i think its perfectly fine...and like u said its out of a dedicated mold..since the 32/33 lightning mold is no longer being build they blocked it off and changed it for the SVL hull ..which now people can go buy a SVL Fountain !!!!!!! GREAT ...Will Smith from Phantom boats told me he likes the thinking of competition and he would be surprised if any builder could beat him out there...remember he has 15+ years of knowledge in the SVL !!!!!!!!!

It should be nice to see some different boats /manufactures in that class...i think it will bring the sport back to a level where there will be a lot more support and FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Because he watched this class get reduced to 1 or 2 boats several times exactly like this. Once by a very nice father and young Son who was and is a dear friend to both of us
    Steve