Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    In motorsports, homologation refers to the approval process a vehicle, race track or standardised part must go through to race in a given league or series. The regulations and rules that must be met are generally set by the series' sanctioning body. The word is derived from the Latin homologare for "agree".

In racing series that are "production-based," (that is, the vehicles entered in the series are based on production vehicles for sale to the public), homologation entails not only compliance with a racing series technical guidelines (for example, engine displacement, chassis construction, suspension design and such) but it often includes minimum levels of sales to ensure that vehicles are not designed and produced solely for racing in that series. Since such vehicles are primarily intended for the race track, use on public roadways is generally a secondary design consideration, except as required to meet government regulations.
    Well there you go!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Stop being a dumbass....No new boats need to be homologated....which requires a couple of things...One of which is dedicated tooling ie: deck and hull molds... not one off stuff!!!
    I guess u need to step back a notch here,,,Will is working on the plans on a new SVL for a while now ...~ 32 feet ..to be legal and not one off..he has molds u know !!

Or do u think he is going to keep building 15 year old technology ???
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 05-17-2010 at 09:33 PM.

3. Collapse Details

If you cant pm me then email me at heater63@aol.com

4. Collapse Details

This is BronxPhantom and i cant wait to race against this fountain there is no way that fountain can turn as good as a phantoms can as seeing how light it is

5. Collapse Details

I think everyone is jumping the gun here.Its not like the 33 hull was a best seller
    Last edited by heater63; 05-17-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Batboat View Post
    This is BronxPhantom and i cant wait to race against this fountain there is no way that fountain can turn as good as a phantoms can as seeing how light it is
    I got my room , can't wait to see u guys !!!!!

I also wonder if this conversation would of turned out this way if they had put a BAJA decal on the boat ??? LOL

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 05-18-2010 at 04:18 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    We will ALL be in Biloxi,,,it will be a must see race ,,,so be their,,!!!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    The fact that someone has/is/ or will build a brand new boat for the class is inevitable. you guys need to gather round a table as group soon and figure out how you as a class want to deal with it when/before it happens in the future because if SVL succeeds as you want it to it will become an issue.
    As I understand it building a new boat and mold isn't the problem. It is when you build a custom {one off} boat from a bigger mold that problems arise.

Showing up unannounced with something new is not ever going to go over well.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    We will ALL be in Biloxi,,,it will be a must see race ,,,So be there,,!!!
    It will be good for sure... Oh George will you at least try not to yell at me?

I wish we all had audio to share after the race..I would love to hear what everyone is talking about when the flag drops. I know what I will be saying..."Come on, come on, your a good girl,,, Just keep marchin,,,,, Here comes Mark on my right hip,,,,,Dammit...not again.....come on now you can do it".. Yea yea... Som btch ..... Clear? Clear ? Ok ,,here we go .."

George,,"Trust me ,,,you will see,,,,,,EASY ,,EASY DON'T ,,,,EASY!!!!!"

11. Collapse Details

Sean we should have a two way so you can hear me cussing you.

12. Collapse Details

Do you have to run a bravo outdrive?? I know the Lavey a couple years back ran the NXT.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I guess u need to step back a notch here,,,Will is working on the plans on a new SVL for a while now ...~ 32 feet ..to be legal and not one off..he has molds u know !!

Or do u think he is going to keep building 15 year old technology ???
    Bro I understand exactly where he is at...but I believe the class as a whole wants all new technology to go through the homologation process

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Sean we should have a two way so you can hear me cussing you.
    Sorry bro.....

15. Collapse Details

I don't want anyone to get discouraged by various opinions of what the current rules are. Sorry I can't share every letter but a quick over view reveals:

There is no homologation rule in OSS. It (th word homologation) is only used twice in the entire book, and not even in the section related to the boats themselves.

A search of the OSS technical rules for 2010 only references the word Homologation twice. Once on page 38 in reference to 5-point harnesses, and in the index referring to page 8 for “homologation of equipment.

In that section, it only references the following regarding hull qualifications with ZERO timeframe listed as to when such approval is to be sought or granted:

a. Boats and engines must be approved by the OSS Technical Committee. All hulls must be produced from a dedicated mold. One of a kind boats, are not allowed. All changes to the dedicated mold must be approved by OSS .

In the OSS general racing rules for 2010, the word homologation is not even referenced a single time.
    We want the class to grow... Get ready to see some great racing action. Build a boat and mold..Do NOT build boat from a bigger mold and cut it down or plug it to meet length. Since the length is measured at the transom swim platforms can be removed.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 05-18-2010 at 08:11 AM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    Do you have to run a bravo outdrive?? I know the Lavey a couple years back ran the NXT.
    It is currently Bravo based.. The NXT was allowed n the interest of growth.. As it worked out it didn't prove to match up well.

The goal of P1 USA moving in to the future is to allow other systems.. The details of which have not been completed.. This season Bravo Based.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 05-18-2010 at 08:02 AM.

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    just a few more days, and the BS will stop when the flag drops.

looking forward to seeing some boats actually race, vice the high speed demo's, and the half lap break downs!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

18. Collapse Details

How much can you modify a currently approved hull? Can you lengthen, widen, add or remove strakes and or steps? Can you buy a current approved boat and cut the freeboard?

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    I guess its time to put some rules in writing, because i can't find anything for the class about all this what was talked about....ecsept for length and weight.

Like Dean said...my question is ....how many fit back in the mold of all the running boats ??????
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 05-18-2010 at 09:53 AM.

20. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    thanks for everyones interest,all svl owners have the rules,,,,, the oss is building a new web site right now,,opa has their rules and sbi has their rules as well ,,The SVL CLASS will be launching their NEW OFFICAL web site on about the first of June,,it will have all points of interest for everyone ,,racers,,fans,,ect,,, thanks looking foward to seeing everyone at the races this year,,it looks like it,s going to be a good one,,George Jr SUPER VEE LITE
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions