Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Just thought i would throw this out for anybody out there who has never seen what the tanks look like .

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    I never go to CITGO due to political reasons...
    X2.. Last weekend paid $3.09 for 93 Non-ethanol at a local Sunoco

3. Collapse Details

E Dock
    I am pretty sure the octane rating for 110LL is based on the motor octane rating. On the (R+M)/2 octane rating like on your gas station pumps, the rating would be around 105. The "R" is the Research number and the "M" is the Motor number.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    If they havent been done they most likely will for safety reasons. Its more a cause of fuel that's available these days as opposed to when it was built. Have it surveyed and inform the tech of the potential of that problem. Invasive is still the best way. I just did about a dozen core holes in a 36 Skater i have in the shop to determine the condition overall. You could have five to eight grand on up in just the tanks pretty easy. If they have leaked into the core it could get pretty ugly. I put a set of aluminum tanks in this one, problem solved.
    Lookin good BIG Daddy is that the KS P@mmy SKATER coming back to life ?

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Glass Dave or Ginger he Worked at Skater. and here is a thread on it he is doing on another site.

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=51045
    Thanks Steve , thanks for the plug and how was your thanksgiving ? Steve hope all is well old friend .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.

6. Collapse Details

OG- I've been following your work. You said you were going to glass the baffles at the bottom and sides; how to fuel flow between the baffles?

Thanks BeakBoater!

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    Dude.....of course it's not...?

I think I speak for many, when I say it would be just fine to never see Pammy back on the water again, or anywhere else on display for that matter? She was sure something else when she was first introduced, but the way she went out, should be her final voyage. Full respect toward Kevin Sellers while we're on the subject.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    Don Q Rum

9. Collapse Details

The 399 V that I did this past summer is at Skater now getting the tanks redone. I pulled the fuel filters by chance one day when I was changing one of the blower pulleys. The holes around the top that the fuel goes into the filter through were all plugged up with pieces of gummy fiberglass and resin. I removed the sending unit/pickup plate and looked into the tank and could see the stuff on the bottom of the tank. Skater didn't want to do it until this winter, so I shortened the pickups about 6" and put screens over them to stop it from going in the pickups. It worked good enough to get the boat through the summer.
    The boat is having a few other things done while it is there. It's getting a center console put in the back between the seats, along with a few other items.
    Eddie

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    OG- I've been following your work. You said you were going to glass the baffles at the bottom and sides; how to fuel flow between the baffles?

Thanks BeakBoater!
    Mark i cut 10 holes in and around the bottom of the baffles with a hole saw and made V shaped cuts on top of the baffles so the fuel could move from side to side back and forth .

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by YoungPerformance View Post
    The 399 V that I did this past summer is at Skater now getting the tanks redone. I pulled the fuel filters by chance one day when I was changing one of the blower pulleys. The holes around the top that the fuel goes into the filter through were all plugged up with pieces of gummy fiberglass and resin. I removed the sending unit/pickup plate and looked into the tank and could see the stuff on the bottom of the tank. Skater didn't want to do it until this winter, so I shortened the pickups about 6" and put screens over them to stop it from going in the pickups. It worked good enough to get the boat through the summer.
    The boat is having a few other things done while it is there. It's getting a center console put in the back between the seats, along with a few other items.
    Eddie
    When i was employed at Skater we used a product made by Ad Tech which was used as a barrier coat to line the tanks with which really was a great product for its time and Ethanol being a solvent broke down the barrier coat and started eating away at the epoxy and we all know the next page of this story . I would like to mention that Peter being a very intelligent man and successful at building the boats he builds today and a pioneer in the industry would have never let this issue happen if he would have known that Ethanol was going to create such a problem down the road in the build of his boats and yes it is a Skater nation .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Yeah, I talked to Peter and he told me the deal with it. At the time, who know they were going to put ethanol in the fuel. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Eddie

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post

I think I speak for many, when I say it would be just fine to never see Pammy back on the water again, or anywhere else on display for that matter? She was sure something else when she was first introduced, but the way she went out, should be her final voyage. Full respect toward Kevin Sellers while we're on the subject.
    When i worked for C-K motorsports / Cat Can Doo / Baker Eng , doing fiberglass repair almost every day when she was there i would go up on the trailer and l@@k at Pammy and talk about almost being real WOW !!!!
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-06-2009 at 01:24 AM.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by YoungPerformance View Post
    Yeah, I talked to Peter and he told me the deal with it. At the time, who know they were going to put ethanol in the fuel. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Eddie
    Eddie aint that the fricken truth .

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    gl, what nation is it again???????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Thanks Steve , thanks for the plug and how was your thanksgiving ? Steve hope all is well old friend .
    Artie Thanks It was good and I hope all is well with you Best Regards
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post

It was a simple ? and i appreciate you answering for many on here . I do remember Peter saying it should never be put back together !

Skater Bro Kevin Sellers RIP
    Last edited by runninhotracing; 12-06-2009 at 01:13 PM.

18. Collapse Details

No need to rehash Pammys plight please. The salvage transaction was one of the most professional transactions I've ever read about and should be kept that way.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    Hey bud

Raymond did mine on my 32.

RR knows all about how to do it. Ask Jason.

Turned out perfect.
    Thanks Alec.

From what I hear we no longer have to worry about the Skater tanks but there is another big cat coming up North!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    Thanks Alec.

From what I hear we no longer have to worry about the Skater tanks but there is another big cat coming up North!
    I personally feel that after doing the tank's with the new process they will withstand the test of time and last forever . I also would like to mention that i have a very close friend who is building most of the tanks in the newer boats at Skater & does a very meticulous job .