Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by macjazzy View Post
    Flying home to Md. from Orlando Sunday. My bag gets too much interest from the xray screener. I ask if there is a problem. and Get the "We'll be with you in a minute" brush off.

They called more and more people over, even brought a digital camera to take a pic of the image on the screen.

Finally they call a Orlando police officer over, he looks on the screen, grabs my bag and walks it to me. He opens it ( small duffle bag) and pulls out a single .223 round from the bottom of the bag. He asks where it came from. I explained I used that bag to go to the range once and it must have fallen out of a box and I missed it. He was fine with that explanation but said he had to call it in.

So he makes a phone call, then calls me to the phone, and says to talk to the FBI agent on the other end. The agent was a total hard azz. Telling me even though I have never been in any trouble in my life that just means I haven't been caught, he doesn't trust me, etc. etc. etc. Tells me to wait till he checks me out and decides what to do with me.

The cop meanwhile is totally cool with everything. Says there is nothing I could really do to take down a plane with a single round, that he goes to the range all the time, and probably has loose rounds in everything he owns. And that as far as he is concerned as Americans we have the right to own a firearm thus we have the right to own ammo, so this should not be a huge deal.

Anyway about 20-30 min later FBI agent calls back, reads me the riot act and says he will let me slide this once but while I don't have a criminal record from this I now have a FBI record. Have no idea what that means.

So I effed up, I admit it, got good cop bad cop routine, but still made my flight, and will check my bags much closer from now on.

Oh and I lost one .223 round, now have a FBI record , and btw that same round was in that bag when I flew out of BWI Friday and they missed it so........
    Had a similar thing happen to me in Tulsa flying to Chicago. I had gone to the range a couple days before I flew and I wore the same shoes to the airport that I wore the range. When they swabbed my shoes for explosives, it came up red or purple or whatever. Anyway, they drug me to an office and asked why I had explosive material, gunpowder, residue on my shoes. I explained to them that I had been at the range and showed them my membership card, CCW card and my ammo card that the range dates when you visit. They called the range and verified my story and let me go on to catch my flight. Not sure what they would have done if it had been after range hours and they couldn't have verified my story.

Needless to say, I know have a separate set of shoes that I travel in to make sure that doesn't happen again but I guess a blond, blue eyed 35 year old white male is on their high risk list.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Mine was my Serious jacket. There were only six made in XL and I know where the other five are. And everyone at the party was either someone from our world or hotel staff. I hope for their sake it was hotel staff.
    I would have paid money to see a guy wearing it in the lobby the next morning when you came down! Might have looked something like the "Epic beard guy on bus" beating video!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by macjazzy View Post
    Flying home to Md. from Orlando Sunday. My bag gets too much interest from the xray screener. I ask if there is a problem. and Get the "We'll be with you in a minute" brush off.

They called more and more people over, even brought a digital camera to take a pic of the image on the screen.

Finally they call a Orlando police officer over, he looks on the screen, grabs my bag and walks it to me. He opens it ( small duffle bag) and pulls out a single .223 round from the bottom of the bag. He asks where it came from. I explained I used that bag to go to the range once and it must have fallen out of a box and I missed it. He was fine with that explanation but said he had to call it in.

So he makes a phone call, then calls me to the phone, and says to talk to the FBI agent on the other end. The agent was a total hard azz. Telling me even though I have never been in any trouble in my life that just means I haven't been caught, he doesn't trust me, etc. etc. etc. Tells me to wait till he checks me out and decides what to do with me.

The cop meanwhile is totally cool with everything. Says there is nothing I could really do to take down a plane with a single round, that he goes to the range all the time, and probably has loose rounds in everything he owns. And that as far as he is concerned as Americans we have the right to own a firearm thus we have the right to own ammo, so this should not be a huge deal.

Anyway about 20-30 min later FBI agent calls back, reads me the riot act and says he will let me slide this once but while I don't have a criminal record from this I now have a FBI record. Have no idea what that means.

So I effed up, I admit it, got good cop bad cop routine, but still made my flight, and will check my bags much closer from now on.

Oh and I lost one .223 round, now have a FBI record , and btw that same round was in that bag when I flew out of BWI Friday and they missed it so........
    Sounds like Alice's Restaurant song!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    I am no fan of them rooting through luggage. Returned from New Orleans last Sunday. When my bag came through luggage claim, the expansion zipper had been released. I knew instantly they had been in it.

I guess three cans of Cafe du Monde coffee (with Chickory) and a couple of snow globes for the kids resembles cocaine mixed with coffee grounds. They've been watching too much Beverly Hills Cop.
    i bet it was the (Chickory) . . . . .

I was flying to Aspen several years ago and they pulled me and my bag out of line, Put a yellow tag on me and the bag. They said it was a random screening and they track me and the bag through the airport and told me the plane would not leave without me and the bag. lol I'm sure it was just some random thing but i though hmmmm . . . .maybe I'll take my time in the bar.

I think this was before 9/11 as i'm sure no plane leaves now without bags=passengers
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

5. Collapse Details

I just got a Certified letter from TSA.

They denied the claim. Livid does not even begin to describe...
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

6. Collapse Details

Every time I fly out of KW TSA goes through my bag of carefully folded clean clothes and f*cks them all up. Now I take dirty clothes and wash them when I get to my destination.
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Carefully folded clean clothes from a guy who uses a cooking utensil as a back scratcher and Raid as deoderant....

I call bull****!

8. Collapse Details

Clean for me means I only wore them once or twice, to work or softball !
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

I carry my inflatable on, been checked but no issues as long as there are no CO cartridges present..