Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Speaking of McManus, anyone know how many Apache's he raced (drove/throttled) over the years? Did he win any races/championships? All the 41's, 45's and 47's on the circuit, which ones did he run?
    Not a racer.

A builder, but not of smaller, less than 41', toys.

2. Collapse Details

In anyones opinion that has owned a 41.What does it take to get mid 90s out of a full pleasure side by side and is it wise with 3as.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
    Boy it really twists you up about Mark McManus! Get over it!
    Ed
    I don't think it twists Frank up and the reason for my post wasn't to encourage more piss to fly.

At the end of the day if it wasn't for Don we wouldn't know of Bobby. If it wasn't for Bobby we wouldn't know of Ben. If it wasn't for Ben we wouldn't know of Mark.

Mark has the torch now and I hope he is successful and continues to do the name proud with the superior quality and workmanship that Apaches are known for. I would love to be able to order a boat from Mark one day, but for now I am stuck ordering T-shirts and Hoodies from him until my Lotto numbers hit.

Mcmanus built or Saccenti Built they are all Apaches and all of us that are lucky enough to have spent time on one truely understand why Apaches are so special.

I for one would like to read more stories about Apaches and less BS amongst members.

-Josh

4. Collapse Details

So where does Bobby's company Chief Powerboats fit in to this?

http://www.chiefpowerboats.com/

Are both Bobby's 42 and Marks's 42 based off the 41 Apache?

5. Collapse Details

A
    P
    A
    C
    H
    E

(1st post next page part III)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRob View Post
    In anyones opinion that has owned a 41.What does it take to get mid 90s out of a full pleasure side by side and is it wise with 3as.
    A sizable inventory of #3 drives.

7. Collapse Details

Boy it really twists you up about Mark McManus! Get over it!
    Ed
    With all due respect Ed, it was just an honest inquiry...

Thanks for answering my question though...................

8. Collapse Details

yeah, here we go.. its about time....... yeah baby....... fight, fight, fight.......

all this nice sh it is making me sick......
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

9. Collapse Details
    Unhappy
    This WAS one of the most enjoyable threads I have had the pleasure of watching grow in a very long time. Please don't drink that kool aid, let him get sick

10. Collapse Details

Ben Kramer company owner and driver, Bob Saccenti throttles, Bob Idoni Navigator, Bobby Moore rigged, Mark McManus (Kramer's employee) designed and built.
    You've pushed this bull$hit just a little too far. Bob Saccenti was much more than the throttle man you incessantly attempt to push in your Pro-Mark McManus agenda. McManus worked there. He ran the shop and he coordinated the construction of boats. He did the same when he worked for Halter at Cigarette. Does that mean my '84 flat deck is a McManus creation? The way you like to revise things and based on your Apache "history", your logic would seem to be that he was "responsible" for Cigarette's success too. Don who?

If your hero is such an amazing purveyor of revolutionary powerboats, where are they? He builds one every other year- or so. In between, he milks the Apache name for refits. His Comanche 42's were so heavy they almost wouldn't plane. His lamination schedules were totally seat-of-the-pants. He was afraid of hull failures so he built them like the Amish- keep laying in material until we're sure they won't break.

If you really want to dig into the dirt, we can delve into McManus' "acquisition" of Apache. Wanna' go there?

Sorry, but this has gone too far for my tastes. The man is a legend and on top of that, one hell of a nice guy. He's going to receive the respect he's due.

11. Collapse Details

The first 47 Apache Powerboat? I know it used to be in NJ. I also know it is absolutely beautiful! Ben Kramer company owner and driver, Bob Saccenti throttles, Bob Idoni Navigator, Bobby Moore rigged, Mark McManus (Kramer's employee) designed and built.
    now you gone and done it......
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

12. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Josh
    Frank knows McManus isn't a racer. He asked that question to fuel an argument.

Piss flyin!!! LOL!
    Ed
    I have raced against both Bobby and Mark. Mark drove the Cigarette factory boats when Hal Halter owned / co-owned Cigarette. Both these 39 footers were driven by Mark.

I don't know what it is with you guys who have to keep stirring this up. Have you personally raced against either one of these men and beat them? If not, what gives you the right to smear by innuendo, anyones reputation? Most of you were probably only old enough to read Powerboat Magazine, when they were out racing or building the boats you love.

Knock it off.... and get back to sharing the photos and the stories of the boats that are so well respected by high performance boaters all over the world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 390002.jpg   Cigarette 390014.jpg  
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    I have raced against both Bobby and Mark. Mark drove the Cigarette factory boats when Hal Halter owned / co-owned Cigarette. Both these 39 footers were driven by Mark.

I don't know what it is with you guys who have to keep stirring this up. Have you personally raced against either one of these men and beat them? If not, what gives you the right to smear by innuendo, anyones reputation? Most of you were probably only old enough to read Powerboat Magazine, when they were out racing or building the boats you love.

Knock it off.... and get back to sharing the photos and the stories of the boats that are so well respected by high performance boaters all over the world.
    Amen!!!

14. Collapse Details

There are some great photos and stories in this thread. Anyone have more?

15. Collapse Details

Awesome thread and stories. Keep them coming! I have always loved Apache's!

Jonathan

16. Collapse Details

Back to stories.

Check this link and scroll about half way down. I'm not sure if you have to be registered to view but here ya go; http://www.performanceboats.com/html.../blog.php?b=27

17. Collapse Details

great thread. No more horseplay please...MORE STORIES!!

18. Collapse Details

There needs to be two spinoff threads.

1) the acquisition of Apache by Mr. McManus.

2) what would the Amish really have done in regard to a layup schedule? And while we are at it... how many draught horses are needed to safely tow a 36 or a 41? Assume surge brakes.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Back to stories.

Check this link and scroll about half way down. I'm not sure if you have to be registered to view but here ya go; http://www.performanceboats.com/html.../blog.php?b=27
    I wondered how you got those hotties on your boat. I didn't figure they were just stumbling down the dock looking for a nice spot to sit down.

20. Collapse Details

Man those boats are great looking, the paint jobs are amazing.