Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Bobby, this is the center console I was talking about.

also, what was the deal on this other 47'? I heard it's no longer around???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f4_1_bbiggest.jpg   47.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    TIME OUT!

30+ post from Mr. Bobby Saccenti on this thread- take the pissing contest else where?

I'm hoping my intervention allows both to "save face of having the last word" so we can continue learning from the legend who was involved with this storied brand.

Please?
    Good post MM. It's true that he and other notable people will leave if people harrass them. They have nothing to prove and are happy to talk with people that enjoy hearing about the golden days of racing, but certainly don't have to put up with negative comments toward them.

There has to be some level of rules (or censorship if that's what you want to call it), or the legends will find another place again.
    Last edited by GENERAL LEE; 11-24-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: shoddy spelling

3. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Last year Bobby and I along with a bunch of other people were honored as "Legends of Offshore" at the Pt. Pleasant race.

A couple of us were asked to be on the pace boats for the start of the race.

I was fortunate enough to be throttling this beautiful 47 foot Apache for the start.

Thank you Jeff at Freeze Frame for the beautiful shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 47 apache 2 dad.jpg   47 apache dad.jpg   47 apache start.jpg  

Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

4. Collapse Details

Bobby has some great stories to go along with this boat, but I will let him decide if he wants to tell them. The present owner has done a fantastic job of keeping this real piece of history alive and well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 47%20names.jpg   Apache 47 cover.jpg   engines%20front.jpg  

Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

5. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Bobby, this is the center console I was talking about.

also, what was the deal on this other 47'? I heard it's no longer around???
    Frank!!

Where the heck did you get that picture of the yellow 47’ Apache????

When the government auctioned off Kramers Apache assets in Hollywood Florida.. Two gentleman from Ohio purchased the 47’ V mold and the Apache 41’ Catamaran molds. After the purchase they called me and ask if they can deliver the molds to my 188th Street facility and would like to talk about building a few boats .. HA! I was the only named apache standing at that time..

Upon the molds arrival I seen that both molds had been left outside, and not in the best of shape. One of the owners ask if I can build him a yellow 47’ Apache pleasure model.. I said yes BUT do not expect the sides to be perfect.. Also I said, there was never a 47’ deck mold. (To make a 47 deck, first a complete 41’ deck and a half of a forward bow part had to be cut fitted and glass together) Due to the fact that the 41’ Apache molds where auctioned off to another individual, that left us short of a deck mold to complete the program.

The only choice I had was to figure a way to cut up a 36’ Apache Warrior deck and fit it together in the same fashion. So I called a meeting of all my geniuses and we figured it out..

It was the only 47’ Apache ever built with a stretched 36’ Apache Warrior deck on it.. Not to mention ( in my opinion ) the 47’ Apache looked a lot better than it ever did before.. (Big Smile)

After the boat was completed, the owner took the 47’ to his own facility in Ohio to be rigged.. About a few months later, while they were rigging the 47’ it court fire and burned to the ground..

Frank, See if you can find more pictures ?? I had a bunch, but over the years they all got lost in the shuffle..

6. Collapse Details

I love this stuff!! This is what its all about.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Saccenti View Post
    Frank!!

Where the heck did you get that picture of the yellow 47’ Apache????

When the government auctioned off Kramers Apache assets in Hollywood Florida.. Two gentleman from Ohio purchased the 47’ V mold and the Apache 41’ Catamaran molds. After the purchase they called me and ask if they can deliver the molds to my 188th Street facility and would like to talk about building a few boats .. HA! I was the only named apache standing at that time..

Upon the molds arrival I seen that both molds had been left outside, and not in the best of shape. One of the owners ask if I can build him a yellow 47’ Apache pleasure model.. I said yes BUT do not expect the sides to be perfect.. Also I said, there was never a 47’ deck mold. (To make a 47 deck, first a complete 41’ deck and a half of a forward bow part had to be cut fitted and glass together) Due to the fact that the 41’ Apache molds where auctioned off to another individual, that left us short of a deck mold to complete the program.

The only choice I had was to figure a way to cut up a 36’ Apache Warrior deck and fit it together in the same fashion. So I called a meeting of all my geniuses and we figured it out..

It was the only 47’ Apache ever built with a stretched 36’ Apache Warrior deck on it.. Not to mention ( in my opinion ) the 47’ Apache looked a lot better than it ever did before.. (Big Smile)

After the boat was completed, the owner took the 47’ to his own facility in Ohio to be rigged.. About a few months later, while they were rigging the 47’ it court fire and burned to the ground..

Frank, See if you can find more pictures ?? I had a bunch, but over the years they all got lost in the shuffle..
    Cool story, thanks Bobby! The internet is a wonderful thing, I'll see what else I can dig up!!

8. Collapse Details
    Honoring the Legends
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up

9. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Why Apaches are so cool. This is what its all about,
    Old fashioned endurance racing.Cowes Torquay Cowes 2008 . Duna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flyin Falcon Cowes 2008.jpg   Flyin Falcon 08.jpg   Falcon CTC 08.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

WAR HAWK and ALLEZ VITE are sisterships built at the same time, and when mines on the water they still get together and run around west michigan.

11. Collapse Details

Tim, thank you for putting up that shot.

Left to right..Bobby Saccenti, WARPATH / John Bochis, CRAZY GREEK, / Jerry Gilbreath, ALCONE MOTORSPORTS / Rocky Aoki, BENIHANA /(kneeling) John Hagin, MISS GEICO / Billy Martin, BOUNTY HUNTER / Rich Luhrs / SHADOW CAT / Charlie McCarthy / TOP BANANA

12. Collapse Details

Hey, if your going to start putting up videos to watch now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79II-JbqI1k

13. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    Tim, thank you for putting up that shot.

Left to right..Bobby Saccenti, WARPATH / John Bochis, CRAZY GREEK, / Jerry Gilbreath, ALCONE MOTORSPORTS / Rocky Aoki, BENIHANA /(kneeling) John Hagin, MISS GEICO / Billy Martin, BOUNTY HUNTER / Rich Luhrs / SHADOW CAT / Charlie McCarthy / TOP BANANA
    Anytime !

Here is a link to all of the rest of the photos from that presentation:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/p602801402

Enjoy !

14. Collapse Details

There was one for sale for $1M-$1.5M a year or so ago.

What happened to that one? I saw him on the KW PR for the Worlds around 03 I think- thought he had just completed it. Each seat was a dif color- lot of lot of colors in it.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    There was one for sale for $1M-$1.5M a year or so ago.

What happened to that one? I saw him on the KW PR for the Worlds around 03 I think- thought he had just completed it. Each seat was a dif color- lot of lot of colors in it.
    this one??

i seen it coming back from kw this year...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails l_187aefa5ce8e469ab9b549d121786a73.jpg   l_8c2c6dabe85f4624ab5d72784da8d306.jpg   l_ec311e0b24924490b8cec01717791ba5.jpg  

www.41apache.com

16. Collapse Details

That's it!! Was in the Robb Report for a while

side not about outboard boats- there was one posted on post 59
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Milwaukee%207-27-2008%20020.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    Hey, if your going to start putting up videos to watch now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79II-JbqI1k
    Cool video!!

Here's some video of my boat playing around with Starchaser earlier this summer, actually he was the one playing! Boat runs near 100 with NA'ed engines. There's an interesting story that goes along with my boat and Starchaser but to make a long story short, the engines in my boat were in Starchaser before the previous owner took ownership of my boat..

It was really great to run with Starchaser this summer and look forward to running alongside that badboy next summer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiD5XhPW5XE ( 3 min in)
    http://media.putfile.com/NYC-2008-1
    http://media.putfile.com/NYC-2008-3

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
    Hi Andy
    Great pics of Spirit of Apache! Huge power in that 47! McManus did a incredible job! "Mark McManus....Master boat builder"
    Ed
    His work is very impressive, and the "look" he goes for is very distinctive. I don't have any reason to care about whatever fallout there was with the business back in the day. The style, and simple but so perfect lines of their boats is what I appreciate about them.

The work McManus did on Warhawk and Spirit of Apache when they were updated is nothing short of breathtaking. It takes awhile, and it's expensive, but the result is as good as it gets for redoing some of these classics.

It would be cool to someday see Ultimate Warrior get an update. Geronimo, Ghost Runner, Tonto, and many other favorites of mine have all been reborn. It's great to see people out there that still love those boats and have spent the time and money to keep them in top shape. :coolgleamA:

19. Collapse Details

Hi Andy
    Great pics of Spirit of Apache! Huge power in that 47! McManus did a incredible job! "Mark McManus....Master boat builder"
    Ed
    thx ed,

it was really cool... we were headed to the airport in miami and it was sitting at the owners dealership on display just off us1. we were running late to the airport but i still had to stop for some pics. they even let me crawl all over it to get a good look... those motors were amazing and the attention to detail was killer!!!

andy
    www.41apache.com

20. Collapse Details

Broken Arrow..... 47 Apache
    Look at all those gauges!!! Awesome helm!! What speeds is he seeing with the twin turbo Chiefs?